.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > Metamod and metamod plugins
Metamod and metamod plugins Plugins and improvements for the metamod server-side mod

32 player maps are finally here.
Old
  (#1)
Austin

Default 32 player maps are finally here. - 01-05-2005

NOTE: This version only works running under Condition Zero. Anyone who knows a little bit about Metamod programming could easily get this to work under Counter Strike 1.6.

BSPEdit_mm is a Metamod plug in that lets you easily add and remove spawn points and a few other items to your maps. Once you are in the map in a LAN game you simply walk around adding/removing spawn points and adding guns, grenades and kevlar any where you want to. After you make your changes you save the map and you are done. BSPEdit_mm was created to be very simple to use!

The HL game engine supports up to 32 players in a game at one time. This means 32 players TOTAL counting all players from all sides. So for example you could have 16 Ts and 16 CTs. Or you could have 28 T’s and 4 CTs. The problem is not all maps allow for this many players even though the HL engine allows up to 32. This limitation is caused by the map designer. When a map is designed certain types of entities are placed in the map called “spawn points”. These are the places where you start in a map. The number of spawn points in a map is totally up the creator of the map.

Many maps only have 10 spawn points per side. Some like dust2 have a lot more. The reason I wrote BSPEdit and now BSPEdit_mm is because I wanted to play against a LOT of bots. On the [ABS] servers we play 4 humans on the same team against 28 bots! It is great fun and forces you to play as a team. The problem is it is not easy to add more spawn points to a map without having the map source code, until now.

I can’t wait to setup my favorite map to paly against 28 bots! Please walk me through how I would setup a map using BSPEdit_mm.
Go to your maps folder and BACKUP THE MAP you are going to modify. For example if you are going to modify de_dust then go to your maps folder and back up the file de_dust.bsp. The bsp file is the map file and this is the only file that gets modified. BSPEdit_mm has a bug where it will “sometimes” in rare situations, will mess up totally the map file. So make backups!

1) Start a LAN game and pick the map you want.
2) Join a team let say Ts. If you have correctly install BSPEdit (and Metamod) you will see player models at all the spawn point locations.
3) Press F1 to turn on auto spawn point placement. Now as you walk around and you get at least 82 units away from other spawn points and items like walls, a new spawn point will be placed in the map. You can press F1 to turn off the auto placement to move to other areas and you can use F3 to delete spawn points that you accidentally add in the wrong place.
4) Use the F5-F11 keys to add guns and grenades and Kevlar if you wish.
5) Join the other team (CT)
Repeat these steps to setup the spawn points for the CT side.
6) Press F12 to save the map!

WOA! Too cool!
Your map is setup!

I just uploaded BSPEdit_mm to the file base.
Get it here.
BSPEdit_mm

Last edited by Austin; 01-05-2005 at 06:19..