.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: baserace
Old
  (#11)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: baserace - 15-12-2006

version 3 beta / release candidate is here.

Changes:
improved pathing.
improved routing.
minor change to defense.
reduced sightDistance to 1700.

Known Issues:
bots will try to steal or recover parts that have been dropped even if they are carrying parts (AI related issue)
cvar out of range error if one team gets too far ahead (map or ET related bug I believe). Should never see it during normal gameplay.

Unless there are major issues with the waypointing, this will be the version that goes into Bindle's coming waypoint pack.

Old
  (#12)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

FYI in version-2 tests the 3rd of 4-5 pass throughs
ERROR: G_Scripting: alertentity cannot find targetname "blue_forwardwall2"
I searched the script file but it looked OK, no obvious typo etc. Tried to reproduce but it worked fine...
The error occurred in single obj. when allies were up 2, allied fieldop stepped on the unbuilt forward fence pad (another bot was also carrying materials ahead of this bot so this might have been a "simultaneous" deliver but I doubt it). Allies had delivered maybe 5 already by that point in the map. I have saved the logs so if there is anything you want me to search for just tell me. I'll try out version 3 tommorrow.

Old
  (#13)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

ahh, i know why that could happen. that's my bug :/

you're right, it's a near simultaneous deliver. I just need to move the alertentity stuff to the bottom of all those script blocks, rather than have them at the top...

Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: version 4 is here.

Changes:
Fixed near simultaneous deliver bug
Added a pathaction to one of the allied deliver routes

Note: the wait 1000 between alertentity and construct helper_ent in my original example is not needed (and probably shouldn't be put in).

Last edited by CrapShoot; 15-12-2006 at 09:43..

Old
  (#14)
MetalHead

Default Re: baserace - 16-12-2006

WOW quick update, ok i've got the wp file i'll get testing either tonight, or tomorrow morning whichever i'm looking forward to testing this..

update on sunday for you hopefully...

Old
  (#15)
TomTom

Cool Re: baserace - 16-12-2006

Ver 4 tests:
- connection 22 - 157 goes through solid wall of axis mg/rocket tower at stage 3 construction
- IMO the long and safe underground path is too safe. there should be a camp above or near the underground dynamitable wall to kill the humans.
- CvOps seem to have the greatest problem in this map, pausing while carrying, going zombie in uniform near a pickup (and the cvop power-up hut deliver is ignored in favor of the medic's and the soldier's hut, so it may not be built until the others are maxed out)
- There was a setstate no entity warning occuring late in an long long extended-time map test, might be nothing important haven't reproduced it yet.
Overall quite good but I would only recommend it for single objective (or stopwatch which will run full maptime in any case).
- - -
"bots will try to steal or recover parts that have been dropped even if they are carrying parts"
yeah that one can be right funny
LOL. Almost captured one screenshot of this one: material with a stationary bot in the center already carrying (all you could see was the green ! circle) and dancing around without firing 5 axis bots trying to recover the loose materials box as well as one allied medic. They must have been like that not fighting for 5 or more seconds before the bot at the center moved and the materails were picked up and the fight resumed.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#16)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Well remember that they weren't even supposed to be able to play this map :p

Mal and I looked at one of the beta versions of the map prior to the release of the first version of Fritz ET and decided that a fair amount of time would be needed for him to code special features for it. So I think for them to be able to play the map as well as they are is a tribute to how much the bot has progressed.

And who knows, maybe we can all fly to ID headquarters and picket until Mal comes out and hands us a patch

I've been hesitant to add a real defense (it consists of 5 roams and 2 mobile mg42 camps atm) because I believe that it will negatively effect other things (related to the bots focus on goals). The only place I don't have a defensive roam is where you mentioned, so I'll add that and see how it goes.

I do plan on adding the mg42 camps this weekend as well as making them a bit smarter about which constructs to build first. There are some limitations for that, but I believe I can do some things for it. I just don't know what would be best because I've never really played the map...So if there are any requests for a build order, let me know.

Old
  (#17)
MetalHead

on a quick note before i test tonight, the mg42 in the tower can be skipped as far as it goes, not even human players often use it, the newly placed mg42 on the front of the central building is a new addition and would most probably be used, the tunnel definatly needs sokme def as i found once the axis tunnel on the right had been blown i could just use the tunnels easily to get crates and escape through the tunnels, rather long way roundbut VERY safe.. the onlt other thought i had at this time was about the engi defending the base, i.e. mines at the shaft which is neer the soldier hut, with the slope upto the shaft? it's common for human rngi's to mine there, also the other crate the slope behind that is also quite a common minefield, and also laying mines near and around the crates themselves..

will post more after i have tested this..

btw i am very impressed with your work on this, if i ever see you i'll get ya loads beers!!!

cheers for this.

Andy

Old
  (#18)
TomTom

With 30 minutes the 16 bots don't complete the objectives anyway so you don't have to support the delivers for all 4 stages.
(1) the rocket guns are quite effective at only a couple of delivers each but that slows down the game steal-delivers after that.
(2) The forward fence tends to push the spawning bots to go single file out the center so i say de-emphasize that deliver, Also the bots defend best when they can fire back into their own areas, so I would avoid having them building the solid forward fence (kill the deliver at the barbed wire state unless you want to support climbing the chain-link fence in which case kill the deliver at the first deliver).
(3) An alternate to defending the underground wall would be to route through the center underground. I only saw 2 bots in the center during all my testing and I did a lot of running through the center. this could help the play in the second half when the bot xp slows down the success rate for steal-delivers. It would also allow for the bots to switch over to the other steal. (BTW did you ever test whether the bots can crawl out from under the medic hut?)
(4) Making the deliver paths less exposed would like help alot. i get the impression that it is the fight reaction that pauses the bots during the delivers and it takes them some seconds to return to the deliver action after the fight.
(5) Mines would be good too (note there is a bug of sorts when the engr building stage adds the pre-placed mines. Your HUD gives you 999 mines -minus what you placed but won't let more be placed saying that maximum was reached. Given the limits on Fritzbot stability re:>10 mines I would limit the mine actions to 3 or 4 JIC or don't support the engr deliver that far)
(BTW FYI testing long games got a G_spawn no entities error at 198 minutes of continuous play, the log seems to have a lot of airstrikes entities? maybe random RAM stuff)

And if somebody has time to waste, something else that would be an interesting research topic would be can the bots make use of the cvop hut teleport (i.e. an altroam on the pad and a secondary route at the underground cavern and not zombie or backtrack, or should the secondary route be at the teleport but its pathaction be within site of the cavern)

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Last edited by TomTom; 16-12-2006 at 22:25.. Reason: beer

Old
  (#19)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: baserace - 17-12-2006

version 5 is here

Changes:
Added routes for center tunnel
Added pathing under each base
Added defensive camp actions
Fixed an Allied Route
Fixed the Axis Assault pathing issue
Improved pathing

I think this will be the last of the updates for now (unless it's completely broken).

Thanks MetalHead and TomTom for the feedback.

Old
  (#20)
Nova2001

Default Re: baserace - 17-12-2006

Thank you, CrapShoot.