.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Closed Thread

Re: New release - DS - bot kicking out not 100% OK
Old
  (#11)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: New release - DS - bot kicking out not 100% OK - 27-04-2004

Thaaaaaat's the spirit, lads, that's it... nice! And besides, 1 more bug found! And a bug found is a bug that has its days counted, har, har! 8D

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#12)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Try to use the edit function my friend, if you were the last to post in a specific thread and still want to say something or make a change to what you said.......it works nicely
OK - if You are sure this function is working nicely, I made some screenshots what I see on my screen after people use this. First is made under Internet Explorer 6.0 and second under Mozilla 1.6 (Netscape family). If You will still thinking this function working correctly, we can speak about this on priva - I don't want to eat about next 5 pages on this forum.

Quote:
thanks Kwo for finding that information about statsme2.8.2, a big relief for the coders!!!!
OK - wanted much help PMB to find the reason of the issue and what I saw I described, but after more tests I understood, that this what I found is not corresponding to the problem (at first look this seems corresponding, after test - no). It was my mistake - I remember some discussion with sPlOrYgOn - he losed all night to find something, because I was not 100% precisly in my description. This time I didn't want somebody lose time once again only because I gave a bad scent to looking for the reason of my problem. So why do You laughing at me? What is here funny for You?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sc_edit_ie.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	195   Click image for larger version

Name:	sc_edit_moz.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	196  

Old
  (#13)
>BKA< T Wrecks

First of all, nobody's laughing, KWo.

Second, what do you want to show with your screenshots? I see SoUlFaThEr's post - he posted the first bit first, and later he used the edit function of this forum to add the second bit. And to show that he edited something, he wrote "EDIT" at the beginning and "/EDIT" at the end.
Everything works fine, everything looks normal.
All he wanted to tell you was this: If your post is the last one in a thread, you can click on "edit" and write some more stuff, without making a whole new post.

And even if this edit function does not work for you, that's no reason to get angry again. I defended you when SoUlFaThEr and PMB were getting mad at you, and I did not know you had sent PMs to SoUlFaThEr ! But now even I start to think that it's really hard to get along with you. PMB forgave you, SoUlFaThEr apologized (although he didn't have to), but you keep posting in a tone that is just not tolerable. Please stop that immediately, or I will lose my patience, too!

Just stick to the problem / bug / question or whatever, but stop attacking people and behaving so spitefully, or you will be banned. And that's not my wish or my intention, just a prediction of what will happen. Ok?

Old
  (#14)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

@KWo: you can only edit posts that YOU posted ! Sounds logical, no ? o_O
and SoUlFaThEr was NOT laughing at you. You're trying to be an ass on purpose or what ??? Stop thinking that we all hate you and that there's a conspiracy against you because
1°) it's FALSE
2°) it's TIRESOME
3°) it's WASTING OUR TIME
You know what I am thinking ?
You are PARANOID.
This is NOT an insult, this is an OBSERVATION.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#15)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Second, what do you want to show with your screenshots? I see SoUlFaThEr's post - he posted the first bit first, and later he used the edit function of this forum to add the second bit. And to show that he edited something, he wrote "EDIT" at the beginning and "/EDIT" at the end.
If this is normal - so I'm so sorry. For me this seems like a part of not correctly work of HTML code. Like missing some quotes or parenthesies. And because I don't ike when apears this ("edit" and "/edit") I use quotes. Can I?

Quote:
Just stick to the problem / bug / question or whatever, but stop attacking people and behaving so spitefully, or you will be banned.
I didn't attacked first - what is wrong in this type posting using quotes in the place not working OK edit function (for me)?
I wanted stick the problem, but if somebody try to teach me at the forum (not on priva) about something not corresponding to the thread - I have to deffend me.
How can I think after these messages that You don't hate me? Try to observe this like somebody neutral - from outside position of this discussion.

PMB - OK - I will not comment this.

Old
  (#16)
>BKA< T Wrecks

*sigh*... Why do you think anybody would attack or flame you if you didn't know how a certain forum function works? I made a mistake with the edit function myself, so what? No problem! I survived, everybody else survived. Is it really so bad if someone explains a function to you right here instead of sending a PM? Nobody wants to make fun of you or get rid of you. It's no shame to misunderstand something; it happens all the time and to everyone of us. If I make a mistake and somebody says "hey T Wrecks, you did it the wrong way. It works like this..." I don't have to defend myself! Why would I? A correction is not an attack. If someone had said "That's typical of you, T Wrecks, you're just a stupid asshole", THEN I would defend myself, because that's an insult - it doesn't help and it's rude. But if someone "teaches" me how to do something right, what's the problem? Nobody here is a god or special or whatever - nobody is perfect and so superior that any attempt to teach him something is like insulting his perfection. We all learn from others, during our entire lives... I just don't understand why this would be a problem for anyone...

But look how you posted your problem after SF reminded you that you can use edit instead of posting twice: You could have said "I tried to edit, but it doesn't work somehow. What's going wrong?" - Nobody would have taken offense. The way you posted it made it sound very rude, just as if you had said: "Oh yeah, smart ass? Well, it doesn't, and you are obviously too stupid to notice". I KNOW! You didn't say that. But you sounded like that. It's the tone, you know. I don't know if this is intended or not. Maybe it would be a good idea to leave persons out of your bug descriptions altogether? You know, if you just say "this and that doesn't work for me", nothing can go wrong. And please, please, if someone answers and tells you "well, it works like this" - don't think he wants to attack you!! Or to behave as if he was your boss. All they want to do is to help you out, that's what this forum is for. Relax...

Ok, back to the edit function: As long as your own post is the last in a thread, you can click on "edit" and change anything you like. Nothing special will appear, only your changed post. If you want to show the others that you edited something, you can write something like SF did, "EDIT" and "/EDIT" or whatever. This was typed in by hand, the forum adds nothing like this automatically.
Edit is a bit "cleaner" (if available), because it looks a bit strange when somebody has 2 or 3 posts in a row...

Old
  (#17)
MusicMan

and remember that you can also enter in the "Reason" box the reason why you edited your post and it will be shown at the bottom of it

Just trying to help out

Old
  (#18)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I wrote this exactly - on MY screen I can see what You can see at these screenshots, that these "edit" and "/edit" doesn't work or doesn't apear correctly. Maybe on Your screens all are seems nicely, but at MY screen this is not working nicely. And this is the reason why I don't want to use this "edit". I wanted say only this. I never wanted say that somebody is stupid. It was not my intention. I see here is the specific clima - all people are thinking another want to hurt somebody or want to say to somebody something more than is really described. Stop thinking this, please. Keep the thread and contest of the thread.
The problem I see here is my language, too - I'm sorry for this.
I know - all people do this job here for free (me the same) without paying, because they like this BOT and they want to see it is the best in the world. I never said to somebody - here is the bug - fix this immediately.
Here is the program:
1. Show the problem (bug, issue).
2. Wait for confirmation if this is possible to reproduce at some another computer
3. If 2 is yes - it is possible to reproduce this bug/issue on computer of coder - regardless he is thinking it's possible or impossible; if 2 is not - need more my explaination.
4. Adding bug/issue to order to the TO DO LIST by SF and PMB at this position and with this priority what THEY want. If bug is simple to fixing - it's possible that will be fixed next release - decision of coder. I DON'T WANT SAY TO SOMEBODY - YOU HAVE TO FIX IT NOW - I NEVER SAID THIS AT THIS FORUM.

Now all my intention are clear for all? If somebody need more my explaination, please - send a message on priva.

Peace to all people here.

Old
  (#19)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: New release - DS - bot kicking out not 100% OK - 28-04-2004

Keep going.

You still haven't understood how the edit function works.
the "edit" and "/edit" are NOT missing HTML codes, they are NOT an error of the forum.
it's OURSELVES who are putting them here, to show peole that we edited the post. Simply so that people can EASILY know that the post has being edited.

if these "edit" "/edit" are here, it's because WE put them here, we TYPE THEM on our keyboard when we edit the post !!!

So stop saying that the edit function does not work !

Look at this, I'm editing my post here. Do you see "edit"s somewhere ???
It's not up to me to redo your education, but you should think about this:
When something go wrong,
INSTEAD of thinking "I knew it! I knew it! it's a conspiracy! they want to make fun of me!"
START by thinking "what am I doing wrong ?"

MANY things will go better then.

phew.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Last edited by Pierre-Marie Baty; 28-04-2004 at 00:57.. Reason: I HAVE EDITED MY POST!

Old
  (#20)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: New release - DS - bot kicking out not 100% OK - 28-04-2004

OK - thanks a lot for all of these lessons. I'll try this in the future. I thinked, that somebody tryied use this and the result of this was so bad (like something missing in HTML code), so I didn't want You will see something the same like me at these screenshots. But if You like to see these "edit" and "/edit" - I will not change your prefrences.

PMB - once again - I will not comment this.

Last edited by KWo; 28-04-2004 at 01:13..

Closed Thread