.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Closed Thread

New release - DS - bot kicking out not 100% OK
Old
  (#1)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default New release - DS - bot kicking out not 100% OK - 26-04-2004

Another problem - when the player is connecting to the game on DEDICATED SERVER, one of bots is kicked out, but still exist on player list (as death) when You use TAB key even after connecting the player and restart round.
I think author wanted make free slot for a player and because this one of bots is kiked out, but this is not made 100% OK.
Can somebody check this on another dedicated server?

Re: New release - DS - bot kicking out not 100% OK
Old
  (#2)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: New release - DS - bot kicking out not 100% OK - 26-04-2004

what for?

didnt you just check it?

Old
  (#3)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: New release - DS - bot kicking out not 100% OK - 26-04-2004

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that when you kick a bot on a DS, his name still appears in the connected players list ?

I've been trying but I'm sorry, I just can't reproduce this bug.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#4)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: New release - DS - bot kicking out not 100% OK - 27-04-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUlFaThEr
what for?
didnt you just check it?
Relax, dude. I think he just wanted to know if others have the same problem, don't you think?
I guess you're still upset from the other thread, huh? Just read the whole stuff, and I gotta say that 3 or 4 degrees cooler would have done. I don't know what else he did to you and your "best friend" (hey, it's just a joke this time, ok?), but from what I saw I had the impression that it was, say, 20% sloppy behaviour (that "maestro" thingy being a good example) and 80% pure language problem. He's obviously no native speaker, and his English is even hard to understand sometimes.
I'm not even sure if he fully understood PMB's answer to the addbot problem (the one with skill details and particular names).
Just wanted to get rid of that, and the other thread is closed now (I missed it, 'cuz I was @ work).
Unfortunately, I cannot tell any more about the problem than PMB already did...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Are you saying that when you kick a bot on a DS, his name still appears in the connected players list ?
No - I didn't said I KICKED a bot.
1. I started DS (WINDOWS98SE) CS1.5 metamod 1.17 , STATSME 2.8.0.7 CLANMOD 1.80.19 latest podbot_mm. In podbot.cfg are lines with addbot like I described many times before.
2. I connected ANOTHER computer to this DS like above and I started CS1.5 and started conecting to the game.
3. In this moment on DS in the console line I saw kicked some of bots.
4. After connecting on this second computer, when I pushed TAB key (for seeing who is in which team and all is like should be - still the same names and skills of bots) I saw this name of bot kicked on DS (on console line) as death and it was appeared every round (I thinked next round should be OK, but was not OK).
5. I tryied to find this death bot , but he didn't exist really on map on this DS, but still appears on the list of T or CT team (I didn't exactly remember which one team).
6. I made one mistake - I didn't test command status on DS to see if is this bot in status or not, but for sure it was really on the list when I used TAB key. Next time I'll try to make 2 screenshots , one from this DS, another from this computer I played and I saw this bot on list.

Is this now clear?
I know - my english is so bad and because this the people don't understand me. Sorry for this.

Old
  (#6)
SoUlFaThEr

im sorry man...but im expecting certain things from KWo right now.......ill try to calm down.

Sorry KWo.....and i mean that ok

i had a string of PM's from KWo where i was repeatedly accused of not liking him wanting to kill him and kick him from the forum and and and

lets try to move on now.........please dont comment on this anymore

please

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 27-04-2004 at 00:54..

Old
  (#7)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

About your problem, KWo : this is indeed a bug in the code. The DLL shouldn't even bother kicking one of the bots, since this step can be done only if the engine has already validated the connection. Hence if the server is already full, incoming players will be refused connection anyway and the bot DLL won't ever able to notice these connection attempts.
It's thus useless for the DLL to kick one bot when a player joins, since it can't serve the purpose to allow player connections when the server is full.

Coders can delete this part of code in ClientConnect() where a bot is kicked, and recompile the DLL.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#8)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Pierre-Marie - maybe the problem is the connection between podbot and statsme. When I kick manually one of bot (or all - removeallbots) on LISTENSERVER, after kicking I see the message, that this bot (for statsme it's like a player) is connected to the server (not disconnected, but maybe there are both messages at the same time, I have to try find something in log files). But there is a difference - when I use TAB key, I don't see this bot on list of players. In example like I described my post above I see it as a death bot.
But for sure - I tryied some of your previous releases and PB2.5 and this situation (bot appears on the list of players as death on DS, but not existing really in game) I didn't see before and I use still the same statsme and clanmod.

Thanks a lot once again for Your effort to help us in fixing bugs. I don't want You will hate this bot, because I'm still finding something and something and for You this is like a neverending story. I don't want You will lose more time than You can and than You want for this bot. If You have enough of it - it's OK - You made great job and it's normal, that You are tired now. Don't think I want to show You, that You made a mistake in the code and I'm better than - it's wrong. Allways is much more easy find the mistake or bug in job of another man. I'm here only to showing what is still to do, not for showing that somebody is a bad coder. For me - I said You on priva - You are like Mozart and I was not ironizing and joking. My job (for money) is similar - I'm finding some bugs and solving if it's for me possible (coding industrial machines, PLC S7). So because this maybe it's for me so easy find something not working correctly.

Old
  (#9)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Pierre-Marie - maybe the problem is the connection between podbot and statsme. When I kick manually one of bot (or all - removeallbots) on LISTENSERVER, after kicking I see the message, that this bot (for statsme it's like a player) is connected to the server (not disconnected, but maybe there are both messages at the same time, I have to try find something in log files).
Pierre-Marie - forget about this here. I checked this once again - this is a separate problem of STATSME 2.8.2 under CS1.6 (regardless of podbot version) - it's not corresponding to our problem described by me with dedicated server CS1.5.

Old
  (#10)
SoUlFaThEr

try to use the edit function my friend, if you were the last to post in a specific thread and still want to say something or make a change to what you said.......it works nicely

thanks Kwo for finding that information about statsme2.8.2, a big relief for the coders!!!!

good job

all meant in good health

Closed Thread