.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

help requested
Old
  (#1)
Slaughter

Default help requested - 08-08-2006

i run a linux dedicated 1.0 etpub etadmin_mod server and i want fritzbot. thats unpatched version and NO NEVER NEVER NEVER ill install patch on my server coz i dont like patch for really good reason. so where in that code i can understand in wich version its suppose to work and why it wouldnt work with other mods coz with other bots it works.

Re: help requested
Old
  (#2)
vlvttch

Default Re: help requested - 08-08-2006

Sorry Slaughter, Fritzbot is an ETMain mod v2.60 only. While it has some ETpub and ETpro like features, it was never designed to run with them.

Old
  (#3)
Slaughter

Default Re: help requested - 09-08-2006

but wats the difference it will cause if i put etpub and etpro with it

Old
  (#4)
vlvttch

My understanding is it won't run at all. Of course nothing wrong with experimenting and seeing what might work. Let us know if you find out something.

Old
  (#5)
Boosted

isnt it for windows only too?

Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

yep.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#7)
Slaughter

so we can say that this bot is not for ET as i understand that it dont work for ET itself.... well ill look for another bot with more compatibility. i dont understand why a bot with good stuff like that lose all his credibility just coz the creator dont want to change some line to be executed with other mods.

then for windows only, i dont know where u find that but there is a linux version in the 0.7 release and yes it works for linux too

Old
  (#8)
vlvttch

Slaughter, Friend.

Maybe in the future it would benefit you to read the Facts on a program you want to use. Instead of complaining about it. I've played the other bots for ET out there for all the other mods and none of them come close to the realism this bot offers.

If your concern is playing a certain mod. Then make that your priority. If your concern is playing the most realistic player simulation with bots, then you've found the best right here.

Anyway sorry to see from you prior post that this doesn't meet your needs. In the end it's your loss.

Sorry to everyone on the forums for loosing my temper but after all of the questions leading up to his last post it made me mad to see a great Team & Bot be abused in such a juvenile way.

Old
  (#9)
the bindlestiff

Well said, Touch, well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter
so we can say that this bot is not for ET as i understand that it dont work for ET itself.... well ill look for another bot with more compatibility. i dont understand why a bot with good stuff like that lose all his credibility just coz the creator dont want to change some line to be executed with other mods.

then for windows only, i dont know where u find that but there is a linux version in the 0.7 release and yes it works for linux too
If you are in need of information about a subject, it seems to me that you would expend a little energy to find out what you want to know first before asking the forum. Search the past postings for the answer to your question. And at the top of the forum page, click on "Fritzbot," then click on "Fritz ET Guide" and search the Wiki. Here's some of what I found (quoting excerpts from the Fritzbot creator):

"Fritz is playable as a server-side only mod, so if you can get a server with windows running, win, mac, and linux clients can all connect to it and play. Fritz ET will stay capable of being played server-side only."

"Q. I like mod X - can you combine it with Fritz?
A. No. Most mods are not open source, which means I have no way of accessing the source code (ETPro is a good example - I can't just DL the ETPro source and release a Fritz ETPro version), so I have no way of combining Fritz with these mods."

You'll also read that Fritzbot works with Enemy Territory Version 2.6. That's ET, isn't it?

Apparently you have never done any software coding. "change some line," indeed!

Old
  (#10)
Slaughter

Default Re: help requested - 10-08-2006

lol, me never do program, mmm, compared to me ur a baby in that c++, delphi and VB.

1st, yes its realistic but u are telling me that i have to take out all the realistic mods of ET, yes ET is more realist with etpub or etpro.

and for searching on the bad wiki stuff, yes ive read all this im not a noob like some here. ive see wat i wanted to see and i was just minding if someone was more intelligent and release an other version by his own that he can send to me without me grabbing that poooooooor coding and understanding that bad code. EVERY source code are available at main page of wolfET. so yes i complain about a bot that have been made by amator. hope to never go in a fritzbot server.

ur dear master of coding Slaughter