.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#201)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 19-04-2008

I'm using an older version of Podbot MM and they seem to work fine with Gun Game.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#202)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 19-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
@addam why you are recompiling the bot with older compiler ? There is no point sinse the libstdc++ is static linked, the people will not need to search the shared library.
Not sure - but if they are still using gcc3 - it might be point to compile podbot mm for them. I don't know how it works under linux, but I believe if I'm compiling it against gcc4.1, it's possible it will not work with gcc3 system (no matter if statically linked or not).

Old
  (#203)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 20-04-2008

There is no such thing as "gcc system".
Linux distributions by default comes without any kind of compiler but the runtime libraries are there, the only problem was the libstdc++ library, the distros deside witch one to put, however gcc3 and gcc4 both can use the new libstdc++ library so it doesn't matter, the other libraries that one simple shared library as podbot_mm or other apps that is not using third party libraries (gtk or qt for example) will work without problem not depending by the compiler that is used.

Old
  (#204)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
I'm using an older version of Podbot MM and they seem to work fine with Gun Game.
Could You use the latest one to tell me if they are still working OK? I really need more feedback...

@addam - could You try the linux version I downloaded to the filebase, to check if it loads correctly on Your system (without the necessity compiling it by You)?

Old
  (#205)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

I've been away for a while and now back into bot-business!
Another beta release, nice.
I've tested podbot_mm_v3B19e and it seemed to work ok.
I also figured out a bit what/when causes the buzzing crosshair with high skilled bots.
As far as I have tested ( only half an hour ), it came to my attention that the bot's crosshair only buzzes when there is more than 1 enemy in his view.
I haven't tested that enough to make a fair conclusion, but tomorrow I will start testing more ( offcourse with the new beta, suppose the bug would be totally vanished; you never know )
Just a small notice I want to make; inside podbot.cfg can be found the following:

# HORIZONTAL (left/right) spring stiffness of the aiming system. This value
# affects the quickness of the crosshair movement, as well as the frequency of
# the resulting oscillations. (default: 13.0)
pb_aim_spring_stiffness_y 13.0

I guess you hitted the tab-key instead of the spacebar behind "pb_aim_spring_stiffness_y". I don't know if it can harm but it's something to do with the crosshair movement. When I copied and pasted those contents of podbot.cfg, he replaced the tab-space by a normal space, so I made myself some random number of spaces over here just to show you what I mean ( notepad, word etc works with tabs, this text-program doesn't )

p.s.: this edit is because this text-program converts multiple spaces into one space ( so I can't show you what I mean unless with a screenshot but I'm pretty sure you now know what I'm talking about )

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#206)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 21-04-2008

Hey Man - You are late. We already have V3B19f to test for You. The V3B19g is almost ready (I have to fix some bugs coming with V3B19e/f ).
About that tab instead the space - to make sure if it affects Your bots or not - just write in the server's console:
pb_aim_spring_stiffness_y
It should tell You the value. If it's 13.0 - that means it's OK. If it's something else - that You found another bug...

Old
  (#207)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 21-04-2008

Yeah I noticed ^^, just wanted to mention that I only tested the buzzing with V3B19f.
I'll start right away with the latest beta, also to check the overall performance.
And thanks for the advice bout the tab-space value. It's just I don't use console commands very often so I'm not very familiar with them. I'll feedback about that too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#208)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 22-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
+Added more code for Ts to better choose the bombzone.
+Changed - if the bot has more money and already has a primary weapon, he is buying now a better primary weapon.
About that tab instead the space - to make sure if it affects Your bots or not - just write in the server's console:
pb_aim_spring_stiffness_y
It should tell You the value. If it's 13.0 - that means it's OK. If it's something else - that You found another bug...
The overall gameplay of V3B19f looks fine.
The function of buying a better primary weapon works, but I have the idea that by that function, the CT's have more chances to win on a "de" map ( they now even got more round-wins than the T's )
About the better choosing bombzone is too early to say.
I've tested "pb_aim_spring_stiffness_y" and it showed the value if there was a tab instead of a normal space inside podbot.cfg.
The buzzing is still present
Fact: only appears when more than 1 enemy is in view no matter what weapon the bot carries, no matter how the bot is positioned ( ducking or standing )
I'm now testing the effect of distances on the buzzing.
More feedback soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#209)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 23-04-2008

As far as I have tested, the "better choosing bombsite" isn't better than before.
Bomb-carrying-T-bots still travel from enemy-cleared bombsite to the other one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#210)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 27-04-2008

New update - V3B19g:
+Changed the code for Ts to better choose the bombzone (in logs You can see in beta when they are deciding to do something to take the new bombsite if needed).
+Changed - if the bot is chickened, it is not buying any primary or secondary weapon anymore (the new coming ChickenMod is forcing the player to drop the gun, so no reason to lose money by the bot).
+Fixed the bug bots were spamming by radio command "It's gonna blow" - whenever someone was throwing the nade (since V3B19f).

@Sc0Rp - please test if now they are selecting the bombsite better .
Note - if there is less CTs on the bomb spot than the Ts teamnates near the bot carrying a bomb, it may try to plant the bomb in that spot anyway (just depands on the situation).