.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

2 Questions: Quota and setting skill to name
Old
  (#1)
Spiffyguy01

Default 2 Questions: Quota and setting skill to name - 20-02-2007

I just set up a new linux server and everything seems to be working great. Thanks for the bots. I have 2 questions.

1. The match quota. If I set the max bots to 20 and and have a quota of 10 does that mean if 1 player is logged in the bots will be 10 but if 2 log in they will bump up to max of 20? Just a little confused.

2. Is it possible to staticly set a skill to a bot name. So Botzilla would always have a skill of 100 while some could still be random and such?

Thanks again

Re: 2 Questions: Quota and setting skill to name
Old
  (#2)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: 2 Questions: Quota and setting skill to name - 20-02-2007

2, you can set a name with a certain skill.
Check out how to add bot through config file in the docs.
http://podbotmm.bots-united.com/doc_...uration.html#I
Under pb add.

match quota
http://podbotmm.bots-united.com/doc_...uration.html#I

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#3)
Spiffyguy01

so if you have a pb add in the config to add bots with specific names and skill. Now when a player joins and a bot is kicked is it a random bot and when the bot rejoins after the player leaves does it come off that list of created with the pb add?

I read the quota in the docs and was still a bit confused. I will just run with my 20 bots and leave the min max where they are.

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffyguy01
1. The match quota. If I set the max bots to 20 and and have a quota of 10 does that mean if 1 player is logged in the bots will be 10 but if 2 log in they will bump up to max of 20? Just a little confused.
Yes. If the next (third player) will join - no more bots will be added (because maxbots is 20).

Quote:
2. Is it possible to staticly set a skill to a bot name. So Botzilla would always have a skill of 100 while some could still be random and such?
No. I know the official CZERO bot has that feature, but podbot mm doesn't have it. Normally in the common usage the people just setup min and max botskill, so if the random bot is added it is always in some certain skill range. No one never asked to have such possibility with predefined bots with always the same names and skills.

Old
  (#5)
Spiffyguy01

Default Re: 2 Questions: Quota and setting skill to name - 21-02-2007

I have set my min bot to 0 and max bot to 30. Max players are set to 32 in server.cfg and and on the command line to start server, it is a linux server. I have set quota to 9. I get 9 bots when one player joins and 9 when the next joins but I am getting bots that are showing up as specs. I had a problem before I set my quota where bots would max out to what was set as max bots but then there would be a spec or two and no players could join, even though the max players was 2 higher than the max bots. Should I be adding the pb add in the podbot.cfg if I am using quota?

It would be neat to specify what bot has what skill, or load out even. You could have Billy the Bot and he uses only pistols. Could open up some neat things. May be a bit code heavy and rely on a config per bot. But it would be neat.

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
I have set quota to 9. I get 9 bots when one player joins and 9 when the next joins but I am getting bots that are showing up as specs. I had a problem before I set my quota where bots would max out to what was set as max bots but then there would be a spec or two and no players could join, even though the max players was 2 higher than the max bots.
mp_limitteams - setup it to 0 (or if it will not help - to 32).
Make sure the map supports more than 16 players in one team (I mean there are really more than 16 spawns point for a team) - otherwise - if the player/bot cannot be spawned in some team - he is spectating and You can do nothing (ah yes, You can - You need to re-edit the map by bspedit or some tool to increase amount of spawn points for a team).

Quote:
Should I be adding the pb add in the podbot.cfg if I am using quota?
No.

Quote:
It would be neat to specify what bot has what skill, or load out even. You could have Billy the Bot and he uses only pistols. Could open up some neat things. May be a bit code heavy and rely on a config per bot. But it would be neat.
That feature is not planned for podbot mm. You can post the topic about that in Ideas sub-forum, but I don't know if it will be done some day or not.

Old
  (#7)
Spiffyguy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
mp_limitteams - setup it to 0 (or if it will not help - to 32).
Make sure the map supports more than 16 players in one team (I mean there are really more than 16 spawns point for a team) - otherwise - if the player/bot cannot be spawned in some team - he is spectating and You can do nothing (ah yes, You can - You need to re-edit the map by bspedit or some tool to increase amount of spawn points for a team).
My mp_limiteams was set to 1 so I changed that. I didn't think about not having enough spawn points. Short of editing the maps themselves is there a way to tell how many spawn points there are? I am running default map install right now.

Old
  (#8)
Spiffyguy01

Default Re: 2 Questions: Quota and setting skill to name - 28-02-2007

Still having a few issues with the quota.
Maxplayers - 32
maxbots -30
quota - 13
mplimiteams - 0 or 32 makes no difference

with 1 player it works fine. With 2 players you get 10 players per side and bots queue up in the spectator section. I have tried a few different maps and it is the same. It is possible that it is spawn points on map but it was working at some point just fine. Is there a list of maps and number of spawn points?

Old
  (#9)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

To see how many spawns is there You just need to open WP Editor. Just type in the console:
pb wp menu
Then You will see waypoints and spawn points.
To change the number of spawns per team You can use this or this tool.
Just wondering - are these bots really so easy You need to have so high pb_bot_quota_match?

Last edited by KWo; 28-02-2007 at 08:38..

Old
  (#10)
Spiffyguy01

Ok I will try to get the menu up. I have never really messed with the menu. I have a monitor on the server so I jsut dump any commands into the console. I will work on getting that up and checking the maps.

As far as the quota count, most of the time there is only 1 player on the server. It is private and I have a low user count right now. So with the quota set to 13 when one player is on that puts 7 per side. With 2 players you get 28 so it fills it up nicely and makes it a good challenge and keeps the action hot. With excellent features like the autokill after all players are dead and the quota it helps tailor the server for the player.

My friends love the bots and find them fairly challenging with the min/max skill of 65/100. I have just moved the server over to linux and I have noticed some bots doing some silly things but I think that may be related to building up the pxp files again. They need to learn it all over again.

It was working flawlessly with running 26 bots with 2 players attached and suddenly it started defaulting to 18 bots and the rest queueing up in spectator. Still 10 per side is a fun game for sure but I wanted to try to fix it for my friends. The maps we experienced it on so far are cs_assauly, cs_backalley, de_dust. I have not had a chance to test any other maps yet. I had to go to work. Thanks for the help.