.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

The faces of Muhammad
Old
  (#1)
Zacker
Project Leader, Lead Level Designer, Waypointer

Default The faces of Muhammad - 31-01-2006

Some months ago a danish newspaper published 12 drawings of the prophet Muhammad. Since then many muslim and middleeastern countries are getting crazier and crazier ideas each day.

Many muslim countries and people want the danish government to give the newspaper a fee. In Denmark we got a society of justice with free speech, so a government can logically not just give a newspaper a fee. If anyone have to judged here, then you got the courts and judges to do that.

They also want the danish government to apologize. That sounds crazy to me as the newspaper which published the drawings is completely independant of the government. The government have absolutely nothing to say regarding the articles in the newspaper, so why should they apologize for it?

Danish products are receiving a boykot in most middleastern countries. How on earth can it be fair that some milk company is punished for something a completely unrelated newspaper have done?

Imo the requirements and boykots down there were already bad enough, but now they are going even further. EU offices get raided by armed men. The danish flag is burned off. Palestinian groups want all danes out of the western bank within 3 days. Others are encouraging everybody to attack all avaible danish targets.

These kind of actions are really pissing me off. The free speech and liberal press we have in Denmark is among the things I am the most proud of. Now all these people are attacking it and want us to discard that and do as they want. All because of some drawings.

They should not be allowed to threat us like that. We should not abandon our free society and way of living because of some far out muslims.

Where is the backup from other western countries? USA usually do a lot to get freedom and liberty in this world, attack other countries and such. But do they have the courage to support Denmark in this case? Appearently not...

We need everyone not living in the middleage to step up and tell those middle eastern countries a thing or two about the freedom of speech.

Michael 'Zacker' Schmidt
Level Designer | IO Interactive
Former Game Director | Sands of War

Re: The faces of Muhammad
Old
  (#2)
Zacker
Project Leader, Lead Level Designer, Waypointer

Default Re: The faces of Muhammad - 01-02-2006

I found these cool posts on some blogs. Good to see that we are not fighting for freedom of speech alone

Quote:
This was last September and the Muslims aren’t letting this issue go away. They’ve already lodged a somewhat florid protest at the UN, where they got the sympathy of a tranzi ear or two. But their aim is an abject apology from Denmark for breaking an Islamic taboo - or else. They grow more threatening and the courageous Anders Rasmussen calmly declines to change his mind, saying publishing cartoons is not against Danish law, which is the law that applies in Denmark.

Why are our cowardly leaders letting the steadfast Mr Rasmussen and the newspaper’s editors take the heat alone? Why has not one American Congressman raised the issue in Congress? No one would expect an unequivocal response from the British prime minister, but is there not one British MP brave enough to support Mr Rasmussen and the Danish people who are, after all, defending the liberty of all of us? Is there not one newspaper editor – even a tabloid – with the strength of conviction to support the Danes? Now Danish livelihoods are being threatened for failing to condemn this infraction against Islamic law, with boycotts of their products.

Is there not one damn’ politician in the entire Anglosphere who will take a stand with Mr Rasmussen? What about John Howard, then? The newly elected Harper? God help us, where is Jesse Jackson?

So far, the sole support has come from Norway – another Viking nation, let us note – one of whose papers printed the original article translated into Norwegian and ran the cartoons. Will not one elected member of an Anglosphere government stand shoulder to shoulder with Mr Rasmussen, who is single-handedly defending Western values and freedoms?
Quote:
Denmark is under enormous pressure these days, thanks to the fascistic attempts of large parts of the Islamic world to force them to deny their Western birthright of free speech and free expression because one of their newspapers printed a few mildly critical cartoons of the Islamic Prophet. An Arab Muslim boycott of one of their largest dairy exporters, Arla Foods, is under way, in addition to the usual death threats and childish whining.

Support the cartoon anti-jihad and buy Danish products -- Denmark is fighting the good fight for all of us Western people and our right to preserve our traditional, free and open cultures.

Michael 'Zacker' Schmidt
Level Designer | IO Interactive
Former Game Director | Sands of War

Old
  (#3)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

Radical muslims groups. What nation hasn't suffered because of any of their acts? We have a brazilian engineer captured by radical groups in Iraq for one year now, and he's almost certain to be dead by now. One of our best diplomats (Sérgio Vieira de Mello), the UN High Comissioner of Human Rights, appointed as the UN Special Representative in Iraq died in a bombing.

I can only regret that Denmark -- and the EU as well -- is suffering that kind of protest.

I think you remember when I told you I was taking part in a MUN (Model UN), in November. Those things are indeed serious. They forward everything your comitee has accomplished to the UN. I'm taking part in another one in late April, and be sure I'll bring the issue up there.

von Ryan, pwning Combine Dropships since 2005

Old
  (#4)
Leagle
Failed student

What British politician would in their right mind bring the subject up unless it was already under debate? It would be political suicide. That is why.

RESISTANCE IS use-LESS!

Brother Boot Knife of Quiet Reflection

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
  1. The text that you have entered is too long (492645 characters). Please shorten it to 50000 characters long.

Old
  (#5)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

or its just a coward act, for only waiting until something 'bad' happens and react on it. Later on, so there is one to blame. When it is not bad to stand up for your rights. Where is this 'fight for freedom' that GB and USA are so keen on?

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#6)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: The faces of Muhammad - 03-02-2006

doesnt matter if you smart or dumb, skin color, race, religion.. if you lack that kind of logical thinking and i care enough to hate anything it will be you..

i say.. kill all the people and let the animals live in peice..

adds
you never grow up.. you only act grown up.. those who can stand up and say i will always be child is those who really gets it.

Have been quoted [6] times

Old
  (#7)
Exilibur
Arnfred

Default Re: The faces of Muhammad - 04-02-2006

This easily dissolves down to a black/white conflict...

And trust me, like everything else, this isn't black/white... not at all.

We are in the middle of a culture clash, where logic is of no use at all, because the case is fair and square for either side.

- The newspaper (jyllandsposten) did unrightly and unneccesary provoke a lot of muslims with those drawings. I can't imagine why they would do such a thing. It seems like a complete lack of respect.

- The reaction of some of the islamic countries is just as bad, with buycut of danish companies that had nothing to do with this case whatsoever... It's too freaking easy just to label this problem "denmark".

What we need here is mutual understanding, and mutual understanding is what we're gonna get in the end.

I think this conflict has the potential to do some good to the world, because we need to commucate to solve it. And i really hope both parts will.

A greyscale with just one color? Heaven must surely be a dull place.
This calls for an extraordinary mix of psychology and extreme violence!

Old
  (#8)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

Default Re: The faces of Muhammad - 04-02-2006

hm, when you started this thread, I thought this problem would be some little denmark-intern problem. looks like I was completely wrong