.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Living on my own, my own , my own...
Old
  (#1)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Living on my own, my own , my own... - 29-09-2005

Yeah, the song of Queen is quite cool. But i was refering to the actual subject.

Questions:
- do you live on your own? (if no, why not?)
- when?
- what stuff did you think about?
- did you forget anything?
- etc.

Basicly, i am planning on living on my own. I have made an excell sheet of all my income/outcome , though i probably missed something. I have arranged some stuff so i have less costs. And i am now just searching for a place to stay. Probably when the time has come, i will let you know. Just want to know your experiences, so i can take them with me when doing this

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Re: Living on my own, my own , my own...
Old
  (#2)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: Living on my own, my own , my own... - 29-09-2005

im actually moving to the second largest city in sweden this weekend.. tomorow to be exact. work.. will be living with my sis and her boyfreind though.. 10 weeks..
its cheap living there.. but i will have to pay for the room..

my sis boy freind looks forward to this just because he gets to play on my computer since i ofcourse will bring it along.. im excited because this is my really chanse of working with what i really wanne do..

Have been quoted [6] times

Old
  (#3)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

rofl

Well currently i am talking about a situation where i will be alone in a appartment with 3 rooms. So:

1 toilet
1 shower
1 kitchen
1 living room
1 bedroom
1 hobby rooom

thats sort of what i am looking for and trying to achieve. The only drawback is that financially its tough. Current estimates is that i won't be having much at the end of the month... I am even in minus each month when i take cable / adsl (basic) internet! :S

EDIT:
Do note, i only take myself as income source. If my girlfriend wants to live with me, then we have a much larger income which makes it a lot easier to live.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#4)
Exilibur
Arnfred

I'm living at home... I'm 19 right now, and I'm still in gymnasium in denmark with one year to go, so i have no reason at all to move out.

I plan to stay home after i've finished the gymnasium for about a half year because i want to stay at the galapagos islands the next half year, and i want to save some money for the trip... it's a lot cheaper living at home...

Dunno about der ausland, aber in denmark, when we're studying, we get quite a lot of money from the government montly to cover the basic needs.

A greyscale with just one color? Heaven must surely be a dull place.
This calls for an extraordinary mix of psychology and extreme violence!

Old
  (#5)
HangFire
Best served chilled

As for me, I moved out from my folk's place about 2 days after I graduated high school last year.

Lived on my own for a few months in a small 2 bdrm apartment taking classes at university, then my new room-mate moved in.

I highly reccomend that you live with someone, even if its not your girlfriend. Its very hard to live entirely on your own if you're still a student/working entry level jobs.

Just make sure you like the person and can tolerate all their bad habits. You might think you like a person, but living with them really gets to you eventually.

Then after I dropped out of Univ, my interest-free loan from the bank of Ma and Pa ran dry, so I worked a large number of bad jobs and was perpetually broke. But as long as I had enough for beer and internet I was doing allright.

..And since I'm in the army and start saturday, I've lived at my folk's house for the past month doing farmhand work.

So, my main advice is live with other people, rent is tough to pay on your own.

Old
  (#6)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

I recalculated my income/outcome and saw i missed some important income factor. It is possible to live on my own. The only thing that matters to me is that it IS POSSIBLE. I asked my gf and she's interested. So we'll see what happen now

Old
  (#7)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Living on my own, my own , my own... - 30-09-2005

do you really need such a big apartment ??? For me 2 or 3 rooms would be enough, toilet/shower, living-room/kitchen, bedroom.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#8)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Living on my own, my own , my own... - 30-09-2005

Most appartments here don't count kitchen/toilet as a room. So in your case you would be searching for a '2 room appartment'. Which is quite ok too. Its just that the price does not differ much from a 2 or 3 room appartment. I see whats available and respond on it. Currently both where 3 room appartments.

3 room is always more nice then 2 rooms.

Old
  (#9)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Living on my own, my own , my own... - 12-10-2005

well, i will tomorrow visit a 2 room flat appartment. Price is very good, and it looks quite ok on the map. Ther eis a high chance i will be taking this room Unless its a total mess!!!

But anyway, its goin quite fast!w0h00t

Old
  (#10)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

Default Re: Living on my own, my own , my own... - 12-10-2005

living on my own since 2 years, but in a 'flat share' with 8 other students. quite a crazy bunch of ppl it isnt really cheap, since it's in heidelberg, but nice and quiet ( view from my room ( should update that one, it aint that bad weather right now ) )

and a nice thing is, that I only need about 10 minutes by bike to university, that's 5-6km, and that without much effort ( ok, the way back is hard )