.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Crap!
Old
  (#1)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Crap! - 18-02-2005

at the 10th of march i will be 'helped' at the hospital with my toenail. Its been growing wrong and i'll undergo some operation , but after that i can go home. I HATE this. Argh. Though atm it looks bad and it hurts. But i hate hospitals! aargh.

They'll probably take 30 to 50% of my toenail away so it can 'grow correctly' now. It better should be!

Crap!

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Re: Crap!
Old
  (#2)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: Crap! - 18-02-2005

intresting subject.. i thought it was about crap..

good luck.. never knew that could happend..

Have been quoted [6] times

Old
  (#3)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

well it IS crap I've heard terrible stories about the pain.. Argh, id ont wanna know. But i do know, NOT doing this also is pain... argh. Sometimes i cant even walk normally. THough its not that bad now.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#4)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

I've been through pretty much the same recently, and I can assure you that the pain involved is minimal. The first painful thing will be the anaesthetic you get injected right into your toe; normally two injections are sufficient. This feels a bit odd as the anaesthetic excercises some pressure directly on your nerves - it's not a stingy pain or something, it just feels a bit weird.

During the operation, you won't feel anything at all (obviously). A few hours after the operation, when the effect of the anaesthisation slowly wears off, you will probably feel a kind of throbbing; not really painful, but annoying. I suggest you take some Paracetamol or similar stuff - just take care not to take any medication that makes your blood thinner (Aspirin, for example - the pill, not the coder ).

The only real painful moment is one or two days after the operation, when they change your bandage for the first time. If you are as 'lucky' as I was, they will have pushed a small strip of iodine-drenched bandage into the wound during the operation; this serves to provide disinfection and to prevent the wound from closing too fast, before ichor and blood can get out. This strip will get drenched pretty much, and as the blood slowly clots, it will get stuck inside the wound... The moment they pull this strip out of the wound, my friend, will be the moment when you shpuld have some vivid memory of pleasant things at hand, because this IS painful. But it lasts for two seconds, and then it's over. And once you have this behind you, there is no more serious pain - nothing worse than a slight headache you won't even notice unless you focus on it.

However, if they want to remove so much and if you've been putting this off vor very long, you might have a nice little inflammation, and they might have to choose a different method.

Whatever they do: Never mind, unless the doctor suddenly comes up with a hatchet.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#5)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

well i did not get informed that much. Ie, they told me i will be helped and thats it. I thought "ok, so i can go the next day to work". But it looks like that aint gonna happen.

Ur story does not really make me feel comfortable

Old
  (#6)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

btw, i've been told that sometimes the operation does not seem to solve the problem... and you have to undergo a second!?

Old
  (#7)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

grow claws, you won't be annoyed

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#8)
Brainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
grow claws, you won't be annoyed
... until you find the need to scratch yourself...

Old
  (#9)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanhendriks
btw, i've been told that sometimes the operation does not seem to solve the problem... and you have to undergo a second!?
This is theoretically possible, but normally you ought to be fine. Besides, once you know where to pay attention, you can see if everything's alright... and if not, you can go to a doctore BEFFORE the same shit happens again. I bet there are possibilities to prevent a repetition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanhendriks
Ur story does not really make me feel comfortable
Bleh, half as bad as it sounds. Two little pinpricks, and 10 minutes later you're done, bandaged etc. You might want to organize someone who can pick you up and get you home, because walking is a bad idea right after the operation... not because it hurts, but because it might bleed.
Then a day or two with occasional pill-taking interludes, and maybe a first night where you don't sleep so good.
First bandage change, two seconds serious ouch and that's about it. The rest is annoying, but nothing more.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#10)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

my oldest brother had that... trust me the worst part is how it looks... having like half a toenail... he said the pain wasn't that bad unless someone stepped on it... but that would hurt anyways