.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > Metamod and metamod plugins
Metamod and metamod plugins Plugins and improvements for the metamod server-side mod

Re: TFC + Ripent?
Old
  (#21)
Brainz

Default Re: TFC + Ripent? - 09-06-2004

as for bspedit, any chance of support for other mods, usign, for example, FGDs?

Re: Stripper2 not functioning properly with new dod update
Old
  (#22)
Austin

Default Re: Stripper2 not functioning properly with new dod update - 11-06-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainz
OK, my experience with ripent: Agh, ever heard of a linebreak?

try it on avalanche, which I wanted to reverse, see how much of a difference the slope did make. It inserts 'invisible' characters between properties and entity entires.

Any of you 'leet hackers' feel like making a simple program that'll add linebreaks? it need them between the following combinations of characters:

}{
""
{"
"}

but not any others, because I've seen "{ crop up in a property value.
Also, if it could add a tab character between "" and {", it'd be even better.

Or is there someway to get the program to do that, and I'm missing it?

and If I edit a map, I always name it something different. usually _rev, for the REVenge.
1) open the map in My BSPEdit program.
The "invisible" chars should be gone and you should have ok line breaks.
What is going on it this. The text in bsps is stored in "Mac or Unix" text format with just a new line char at the end of every line. PCs need new line + carriage return. If it only has new line it shows up on the pc as your "hidden" char and you don't get a new line.

BSPEdit will handle all maps fine since it checks for the format and adjusts. If it doesn't you could always copy all the text from the entity edit window into say notepad and then do a search and replace all to get what you want. Then paste it back into BSPEdit and save it.

PM, I am ok with 99% of the code but found a bug after releasing it (actually found this bug early on but didn't make a note to fix it and forgot about it.. blah…) so I already have a fixed version that correctly handles saving the same map more than once, but the fast fix was a sort of kudge. I will put in a proper fix release version 1.03 and upload it to the file base tomorrow.

>Edit<
Brainz, BSPEdit supports any mod, any map. All it does is let you edit the entities in the BSP file directly. You can hack the entities any way you want to BSPEdit doen't know or care about any mod except that I scanned many CS maps and pre-filled the entities to search for list with CS entities. YOU CAN TYPE IN THIS FIELD, thus you can search for any entitiy. But even this is more a convenience then a feature or mod support...

Last edited by Austin; 11-06-2004 at 07:03..

Re: Stripper2 not functioning properly with new dod update
Old
  (#23)
Austin

Default Re: Stripper2 not functioning properly with new dod update - 11-06-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfx1999
PMB, what I mean is if that person does not have the map they will get a modded one, which is not good.
Yes....
If they don't have the map and DL, they will get the hacked one.
That is why I don't allow Dl on my server and I create nice easy installers for all custom maps and constantly send messages telling the players where to get them from my web site. Besides it is way faster and easier.

But in the long run. How many players who DL the hacked maps actually end up using them on some other server?
Slim...

But I am with you and would prefer to keep from propagating hacked maps...
So turn off DL on your server if you hack them..

Last edited by Austin; 11-06-2004 at 06:57..