.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Cleaning up count floyd's docs
Old
  (#1)
Huntkillaz

Default Cleaning up count floyd's docs - 10-05-2004

please answer my questions asap...and accurately as i want to get count floyds stuff done by this week n release a beta of the new docs..

i currently don't use the bot advanced stuff coz i'm waypointing or i haven't noticed or cannot recall so some of u who code n most who use bots tell me: For v1.0 -2.6

Quote:
You can use some of the Radio Commands to get more support from your Bots

Note: When you issue a 'Follow me' Command Bots won't follow you in 3 cases:

• The Bots have their own will and they issue a "Negative" if they don't want to follow you.
  • They don't see you.
  • They see an enemy and engage the target.
A Terrorist Bot carrying the C4 or picking it up, will also issue a "Follow Me" sometimes to have some assistance with him.

Note that they have problems following on ladders at the moment because the movement is unwaypointed. They also do some other Radio Commands like "Need Backup","Enemy down", "Enemy spotted","I'm in Position" (to tell you he's camping) but not very often, otherwise it would surely get on your nerves...
in this does the ct bot also issue follow me when needing assitance on a cs hostage rescue map?
and does a vip issue one too?....

and the ladder thing is fixed in 2.6mm right?

==========

Uninstaling PodBot from your system:

Windows:
Just use the 'Remove POD-Bot' ShortCut in your Start-Menu.
After that you have to rename the file 'csold.gam' to 'liblist.gam' in your cstrike Game Folder to have a full working CS again.

Linux:
???

=========
Quote:
The translated versions (except the German and English ones) don't use the new Text replacements and the dynamic keyword chat is still in English language.
what does this mean?

●_•

Re: Cleaning up count floyd's docs
Old
  (#2)
DarthInsinuate

Default Re: Cleaning up count floyd's docs - 10-05-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntkillaz
Uninstaling PodBot from your system:

Windows:
Just use the 'Remove POD-Bot' ShortCut in your Start-Menu.
After that you have to rename the file 'csold.gam' to 'liblist.gam' in your cstrike Game Folder to have a full working CS again.
all i know is that this is irrelevant because PODmm doesn't have an installer - to uninstall just delete the POD folder and edit the .dll out of the metamod plugins.ini

Old
  (#3)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntkillaz
The translated versions (except the German and English ones) don't use the new Text replacements and the dynamic keyword chat is still in English language.
this means that that files ( at least at that point in the far past ) do not use the replacement stuff ( i think cf did this using some % placeholders ) nor the chat where the bot may reply to certain keywords

Old
  (#4)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

I couldn't certify but it makes sense.
DarthInsinuate is right about uninstalling the bot anyway.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#5)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Cleaning up count floyd's docs - 15-09-2004

Heyyo,

For count floyds docs, the "how to waypoint" one included with PODbot v2.6mm R2.1 is out of date... it needs the pb waypointmenu stuff, right now it's still old skool waypoint add, delete, pathwaypoint, etc. console commands... unless I'm just too sleepy to find an updated manual. If you don't wanna make it, I could eventually type one out, or maybe SF, cause he knows more aboot it than I do since afterall he did help design it.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#6)
Huntkillaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD
Heyyo,

For count floyds docs, the &quot;how to waypoint&quot; one included with PODbot v2.6mm R2.1 is out of date... it needs the pb waypointmenu stuff, right now it's still old skool waypoint add, delete, pathwaypoint, etc. console commands... unless I'm just too sleepy to find an updated manual. If you don't wanna make it, I could eventually type one out, or maybe SF, cause he knows more aboot it than I do since afterall he did help design it.
i'm sorry me n twrecks already started one it's 3/4 done
i lost the 1st completed one we made so i started again on a new
but i haven't had time to work on it the past months i'll try release one next week

tell u what i'll upload tonite to filebase a version without some pages to help you.

●_•

Old
  (#7)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Heh, yeah, kwo pointed out to me it's already in the makes.

... n' twrecks... by chance, does that stand for Trainwreck, the band? if so, CHOO CHOO BUDDY! lol!

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#8)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Cleaning up count floyd's docs - 16-09-2004

lol, no, it has nothing to do with Trainwreck... I didn't even know that a band with this name existed. I bet it's Canadian, eh? 'Cause over at the CDG gunshop bbs, there was a guy named TrainWreck, and he came from Toronto, if my memory doesn't fail me...

Concerning those docs, KWo just PM'ed me your feedback... you're damn right, the info on how to bring up the WP menu belongs in there. The thing is that I had promised to contribute the waypointing stuff, and I assumed that such a basic command like how to get the wp menu to show up (as well as SF's quick bind suggestions, plus maybe Huntakillaz' binding script) would be other parts of the documentation; that's why it's missing.
So the latest doc you tried was that beta 1 where the file was called "WPtypesflagscons.html", I suppose? With all those screenies showing that cheesy centerec Glock? Damn, I need time to get back on that stuff... losing track of my own sh*t here...o_O

/EDIT
Heck, I'm too curious to wait: Tell me, what kind of music do they make? Any band you could compare them with? Or any "if you like [insert band name here], you will love Trainwreck" ?

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 16-09-2004 at 00:37..

Old
  (#9)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Heh, np on the feedback.

Btw, Trainwreck isin't a Canadian band, oh contraire my friend, they're american. Have you heard of the band Tenacious D? Well, Kyle Glass (Lead Acoustic Guitarist, Back up vocalist), and Lee (1st Big Tenacious D fan, and Tenacious D Roadie, and Manager of the TenaciousD.com site) team up to form Trainwreck. It's a cool band. If you watched jimmy Kimmel live a few weeks ago they were on, and KG was all drunk n' what-not so he diddn't say much... but they put on a good show apparently (diddn't get to see it... I was busy ).

go here to check out some songs, it's from a live show:
http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/...ase.yahoo.com/

[EDIT]
And they're like, comedy rock, with a bit of country... kindof like Tenacious D, but a different vibe... I guess if you love the D you'll like Trainwreck.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 16-09-2004 at 03:03..

Old
  (#10)
Huntkillaz

okay Beta 2 is now in filebase it' still messy in some sections and unfinished but the wp section has been done almost fully hence the release

for now i have to goto work

but i will explain things sometime later this week

plz gather all your comments and questions and start a new thread

and plz people do a check for browser compatibility there are 2 menu's, if u cannot use the flash one try the one with just links

"colours are appallling!" i know i was using the old one, it's fully uses a stylesheet so if u know how to make stylesheets make em and submit them to the forums

i'll find a new one for the next version

botsmm intro and genral are pretty much "the mush" left

anyone know what really happen to Count Floyd ie the full story coz it would be nice to put that in the intro just so ppl know what happen to him

i heard he went to work for valve then got sacked and found a job a westwood helping in making the next c&C game.

@Twrecks could you plz start a new docs thread and delete all the old one thanx

ps: i think i'm still missing some images for the common errors\wpt p2 section

and was wondering if you could do me a favour and genrate some new images the same style as the ones u did for pb mm for the old bot

i believe that r2b1 still didnt include the colour changes for wp's and still had the old colours

●_•