.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Closed Thread

V3B19n Bugs Report
Old
  (#1)
dor123
Unofficial podbot mm tester

Warning V3B19n Bugs Report - 15-08-2008

I've tested the new beta and there are few things that I wanted to report:

The bot's wallhack seemed to be approved.
Now, they know where anyone is, anywhere. Sometimes they look up at the ceiling when there is in all cases something above them, an enemy.
They look up suspiciously at the ceiling, not shooting, just walking, and they swtich to HE grenade, and throw it up and in most cases they are beneath a lower ceiling than before when they throw the granade, which increases their chance to get hit by it.

Not only that, they now shoot/spray the wall just like that even when they are far because an enemy is there, in 100% of the cases.
No way they heard him, neither his shooting, they simply know.

About the HE throwing, it seems that they don't only do it when there might be an enemy, they also decide, while doing nothing, maybe looking for enemy, to switch to HE grenade and throw it at the wall or anywhere else with no good reason. They do it quite alot.
For example - a T went by, suddenly noticing an enemy that just disapeared behind the wall. He shot one time at the wall where he last seen the enemy CT, switched quickly to a grenade, and threw it up high on the wall, again for no good reason(it was beraly the enemy's direction).

The also fall from high places.

Sometimes, they also discover an enemy in their sight of vision, aim at him, let him run a bit, then remember to shoot. And sometimes, they simply stop. Stop like they are thinknig of something, maybe drinking their cup of coffe, and come back from the day-dream. Well, as for AI, it's pretty good they rest like human-beings.

~Note~
I only played for about half an hour or even 15 minutes, but they were clearly issues that might pop up often.

There might be more things that I haven't review here, will keep checking and adding to this thread.

dor123

dor123

PodBot - The best CS Bots evah! (KWo rulez)

F*ck OFF but don't forget to also Rock ON

Re: V3B19n Bugs Report
Old
  (#2)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 15-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dor123 View Post
The also fall from high places.
That has all to do with the waypoints of the perticular map(s) and nothing with bot-coding.
So it isn't KWo's fault.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#3)
dor123

Default Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 17-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0Rp View Post
That has all to do with the waypoints of the perticular map(s) and nothing with bot-coding.
So it isn't KWo's fault.
yeah, i thought so.

dor123

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 17-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0Rp View Post
So it isn't KWo's fault.
Yes and no. During short distance combat playing the bots are doing unwaypointed movement and they are supposed to check if they can go safetly to the place they are trying to go (without falling down).

Old
  (#5)
ProRaiL

Default Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 19-08-2008

Also sometimes bots starting to run everywhere as usual, but always looking straight up in the sky and not get bothered by any actions around, until next round starts. Also they still have problems with bomb defusing (crouching around bomb).

Sometimes they freeze while 2 or more bots gets stuck in 1 waypoint, so they in a couple of seconds absolutely do nothing, so there's no problem to kill them.

Server load is better now, but still I think it can be improved more.

Old
  (#6)
dor123

Default Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 21-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Yes and no. During short distance combat playing the bots are doing unwaypointed movement and they are supposed to check if they can go safetly to the place they are trying to go (without falling down).
Actually, a bot fell down from a pretty high spot with no enemy in the certain area. There was a CT down (the bot that fell was also CT), he looked at it, then on the floor (from the high spot, while walking), and then he just walked towards the edge of the high edge and kept walking 'till he fell down. He didn't even check if it was safe to go there. I think it's a waypoint problem, but not sure. By the way, since a binary or two, the first map i'm checking the bots with is de_nuke, and mostly I found alot of problems there including the "wallhack" issue.
Maybe it got alot to do with the map?

dor123

Old
  (#7)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Actually, a bot fell down from a pretty high spot with no enemy in the certain area. There was a CT down (the bot that fell was also CT), he looked at it, then on the floor (from the high spot, while walking), and then he just walked towards the edge of the high edge and kept walking 'till he fell down. He didn't even check if it was safe to go there. I think it's a waypoint problem, but not sure.
Enable Waypoint Editor (to let You see waypoints and make the screenshot of the place they are falling down. You can post also the link to the map and to the pwf (but don't post any files here).

Quote:
By the way, since a binary or two, the first map i'm checking the bots with is de_nuke, and mostly I found alot of problems there including the "wallhack" issue.
Maybe it got alot to do with the map?
Are they really hitting You through the wall or they are just fireing somewhere near You (and sometimes You got hurt)?
How about looking bots at the sky? Do they really do that still same often or they are looking only at the ceill if the enemy is above them?

Old
  (#8)
ProRaiL

some new bugs I have spotted so far:

1) "pb remove" isn't working
2) the bot may start camping after calling "follow me", so the other bot which follow him, will just stupidly stand and watch him camping, rather than taking any position or just run away
3) they still switch to the knife and not reload pistols very often, I'd better think they should try to hide and reload if the distance isn't very close (use knife only in extreme situations)
4) wallshooting with awp, he just stand and shoot randomly to the wall with awp without scope, so he's 100% miss his guessed target (they must shoot maximum 1 or 2 shots and then proceed another task)

Old
  (#9)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRaiL View Post
some new bugs I have spotted so far:
1) "pb remove" isn't working
It IS working (I have just checked on 2 maps - first on de_aztec (as the first map), then - after changelevel on de_dust2).
Note:
If You are removing the bot by userid
pb #userid
You need to know what userid is. Just write in the server console the command "status" and You will see such lines:
# name userid uniqueid frag time ping loss adr
# 1 "[POD]Harvey_Keitel (96)" 33 UNKNOWN 1 08:56 0 0 00000000:000000000000:0
# 2 "[P*D]Jack_Palance (99)" 34 UNKNOWN 1 08:56 0 0 00000000:000000000000:0
So the userid is not the number from the first column (1-32), but it is the number in the third column.
So if You want to kick the first bot [POD]Harvey_Keitel (96) by userid, You need to write in this case this line:
pb remove #33
If You want to kick the bot by the name, You need to use quotes if its name contain the space:
pb remove "[POD]Harvey_Keitel (96)"
I hope that clearly describe for You how to use pb remove command.

Quote:
2) the bot may start camping after calling "follow me", so the other bot which follow him, will just stupidly stand and watch him camping, rather than taking any position or just run away
The task to follow the player was designed to get bots to go somewhere together. After certain time the bot stops following his "user" and he is doing something else. The bot also stops following his "user" after seeing the enemy. Well - it may happen some leader would go somewhere to just camp. When the time of following user task expires, the bot will do something else. Also when he will see the enemy, he will stop watching his user as well. This what You caught may happen, but rather rarelly. I wouldn't say it's a bug. It's just some issue. To prevent it I would need to add a check in the code what is the bot "user" doing during certain time (it may also be a human-player - not always another podbot mm bot). So I would need to add a check-timer if that "user" is moving or not in the certain time. I don't know if that is really worth to implement such thing. I cannot extend infintely the bot structure (with adding some new parameters into bot structure).

Quote:
3) they still switch to the knife and not reload pistols very often, I'd better think they should try to hide and reload if the distance isn't very close (use knife only in extreme situations)
If that happens in short distances - that's normal. You have the right to dislike it, but this is expected behaviour (not a bug). They are using knives better than humans, so it's a point to let them to use it in short distances instead waiting for reloading the pistol. If they are switching to knives in longer distances instead reloading the pistol - it might be a bug.
Quote:
4) wallshooting with awp, he just stand and shoot randomly to the wall with awp without scope, so he's 100% miss his guessed target (they must shoot maximum 1 or 2 shots and then proceed another task)
How many times did he shoot? I mean how many bullets? It should happen during about 2 seconds (I believe it's about 3 bullets), then he shouldn't shoot through the wall during at least next 15 seconds. This is how it's coded (desired).
Some of the behaviours You have pointed here - maybe they are odd or stupid for You, but they are just their playing style. Different players are using different styles. I have seen a lot of players just trying to shoot (even from mp5navy) through the wall if they expect some enemies behind it (just hearing somebody there). Haven't You? Look - even these settings in botskill.cfg - HEAR_SHOOTTHRU and SEEN_SHOOTTHRU - they were there since the very begininng - I remember it from PODBOT 1.4x (very old, non metamod version of podbot, released by its original author - Count Floyd). You have 2 choices - You can edit botskill.cfg to decrase values of
HEAR_SHOOTTHRU and SEEN_SHOOTTHRU (they are just frquencies of probability it may happen the bot will start to shoot something behind the wall after hearing/seeing something) or You can just completly disable it by the setting - pb_shootthruwalls (which by default is 1). I believe that should solve all Your problems with shooting through walls.

Old
  (#10)
ProRaiL

I just seen them rushing from the corner with knives and empty pistols, so they killed another bot so they had time enough to reload, but they just continued running with knife.

About awp he shot about 5 bullets.

All things I mention that they do "not like that they should do it" only as notes to you to improve their skill, I think the first goal of the bot should be "playing as the real human does, with skill, not cheated aim or wallhack", so that's why I'm pointing to the errors in their playing style.

Closed Thread

Tags
v3b19n bugs report