.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Getting all the maps for FritzBot
Old
  (#1)
Riotlung

Default Getting all the maps for FritzBot - 16-02-2008

Hey guys, I've just gotten W:ET the moment I heard about this bot. But I'm not too clear on using it so I'll have quite a few questions around here...

Firstly, many many many thanks to Maleficus and others working on the bot. I really enjoy playing with bots (that's why BF2 and Condition Zero stick well with me. My cousin and I enjoy co-op action against bots), which made me disappointed that DoD Source has no bot support. Anyway, great work on this bot! Now for my questions...

1.) The game comes with 6 maps. FritzBot can use more maps. I'd just like to get all the maps I need for the waypoints I already have. Where can I get most maps? Some of the links on the supported maps thread are dead.

2.) Is it possible to add a random bot to a certain team? Or must I add random bots and then remove some from a team in order to create team imbalance (after disabling auto-teambalance)?

3.) How do I install sw_el_kef? It doesn't run when I simply unzip it into \etmain.

4.) How do I install braundorf_b4? Where do the pictures go? Is there a special folder for them?

5.) How do I reduce bot chatter? I don't want to keep hearing things like "Thank you" and "Hold your fire", especially when I'm playing with 15 bots on my team.

6.) One of the campaigns uses Rail Gun. How do I play that campaign on FritzBot when it is not supported?

Many thanks and sorry for the many questions asked...

Re: Getting all the maps for FritzBot
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Getting all the maps for FritzBot - 16-02-2008

Welcome RiotLung to FritzBot ET

I'll try to answer your questions but some of them are not part of FritzBot directly.

1- There are still at least a half dozen good places still letting you download maps individually as well as a few map compendium places. I'll just mention a few of the former.
a) FileFront and http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/ are good places to start a search.
b) http://www.wolfmap.de/ is one of a couple of german download spots that come to mind (this one in English)
c) A google search for the particular mapname, ET and download is generally a good place to go. That is how I have found most of the links that we document in the Fritzbot_Waypointing_Map_Status_List (the username and password are directly mentioned in the initial dialog just drop the "BU). Some of those links go to an italian (.it) server listing that is quite comprehensive (though not upto date).
d) If you live down under and want to use an in country server, member nedd3h has a server he fires up with FritzBot on request and keeps some of the maps he runs on his server.

2- There is a problem kicking individual bots it mostly come back saying they are referees so they can't be kicked. You can kick all bots and then use a config file that you create to make a team of your own choosing. /addbot random does not have a team parameter AFAIK but normally adds a bot to the smaller team if ET is set to require team balance.

3- I would have to know what file you had downloaded for SW_el_kef to answer this one. In general the map downloads are either .pk3, .zip or .rar formats but only the .pk3 is ready to run. Sometimes the .pk3 is renamed .zip other times it is placed inside a .zip. Others repack the files in .rar adding or subtracting files not part of the .pk3 inside. You can test the validity of a .pk3 by testing it with winzip or winrar (just associate .pk3 with one of them, they will understand that it is a pkzip format). Failing that waypoints exist for GA_el_kef also so you could play that instead.

4- Ditto. The extra files like readmes and jpgs not inside the .pk3 are just for your info.

5- I don't remember if there is a command in FritzBot to kill the chatter. If the map is running well there isn't too much IMO. Sometimes the chatter is telling you that the bot is having a problem so I prefer it on.

6- The campaign will run until it gets to railgun. When that map loads the bots will complain. Try changing the match time to one minute to force it to load the next map (you may have to add the bots again). Alternately learn how to create/edit your own campaigns it really is very easy and it just takes notepad and something to zip it. There are also available ET tools for creating map rotations that simplify things.

Old
  (#3)
Riotlung

Well, it always adds a bot to the smaller team, with or without auto team balance. Thanks for the links. I've managed to get most of the maps, though some still evade me like v2 base and battery, but will do for now.

Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

I see what you mean about the links. One more map download source is gone for good I guess. Well I think I have the links fixed. But those of you waiting for the next release of waypoints should make certain ASAP that you have the all the maps listed even those in progress or unreleased.

Battery? I think you mean Seawall Battery and it is one of the 6 originals. The more recent variations on battery are not supported yet.

Old
  (#5)
Riotlung

I guess you're right... it's just battery.bot, so I was wondering what it was. Thanks!

Old
  (#6)
the bindlestiff

At any time from the console, you can kill chatter with the command "/cg_noVoiceChats 1" and you can kill text chatter with "/cg_noVoiceText 1". Set them to zero to restore. Note that this kills all chatter -- you won't be able to hear stuff from other human players also.

You can make these permanent by putting the commands into your autoexec.cfg file. In that case, the proper commands are
seta cg_noVoice Chats "1"
seta cg_noVoice Text "1"

Old
  (#7)
Riotlung

Default Re: Getting all the maps for FritzBot - 17-02-2008

Sweet. Many thanks!