.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a
Old
  (#11)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 08-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUlFaThEr View Post
id be telling them their ability is not as high as mine.
You are taking everything too much personally.
Look at this example - Botman spent a lot of time to figure out how does HL whole work, to get bots working at all, so he didn't have time to make his HBB_Bot so advanced as podbot or some other bots. I don't think he may take as any offence if someone can say him "based on result of Your HPB_Bot, Count Floyd did more advanced bot". Everyone knows that only because of the hard work Botman did, it was whole possible to make other bots.
You have waypointed more than 5000 maps (sorry if the number I wrote is still below the real one), so only thanks Your good job other waypointers could learn how to whole waypoint maps and a lot of people (who can count them?) they were playing with podbot thanks Your waypoints.
Even if someone could find one waypoint on the map which maybe could be better to place it a bit more left/right - it really changes nothing.

Back to the topic:
I 'll try take a look at this stuck bots problem as soon as it will be possible. I wrote already few things into code to prevent bots stucking and unstuck them better, but it seems it still not enough...

I just saw another problem - the bot sometimes doesn't want to plant the bomb (he is just keeping it in its hands in the goal WP without planting). Why no one can see this to report it? I really need beta testers...

Old
  (#12)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 08-02-2007

nobody is around anymore? im seeing like...just you post lately me and person.

im seriously sorry...

making me feel bad having no testers....and id really like to help you out i just really dont have the time. once my beta2 of Kreedz Climbing gets released i can probably relax a bit and come help you out. but that release may be up to April 1, which is my deadline.

Old
  (#13)
person135

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 09-02-2007

Sorry if I offended you or anything Soulfather. I just based my waypoints on the pubs I play in a lot. I just make them behave like the players I see in the servers I play in. It's just that I don't see any camp waypoints and such at points where I think people camp a lot and other stuff.

I mainly play on the internet, but sometimes I play with bots. If my friend agrees to play LAN with me, then I play with bots a whole lot. However, if it's just by myself, then I tend to play with them less. I will try to play with bots (not just pbmm) more in the future though.

And I'm not that new here, or at least I don't think so.

Old
  (#14)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 10-02-2007

no sweat dude

i wasnt ever really that crazily fond of placing a lot of camp spots for various reasons.

waypointers taste !

Old
  (#15)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 10-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUlFaThEr View Post
making me feel bad having no testers....and id really like to help you out i just really dont have the time. once my beta2 of Kreedz Climbing gets released i can probably relax a bit and come help you out. but that release may be up to April 1, which is my deadline.
Don't worry - I know You are busy. I'm glad You whole found a time to speak with us a bit.
And good luck with Your project.
About that what person135 said - if You could speak with him a bit at priva - maybe he can send to You (by email or so) his pwfs to let You look a bit what was really a deal with it to let You understand what he is getting as "improving" or so. Of course if You can find time to look at it. I believe You can even give him some advices to let him do it better.

Old
  (#16)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 11-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by person135 View Post
my waypoints are just more advanced versions of yours.
I see how soulfather would kick you in the ass after that

A camp spot on every corner or behind every box isn't helpful to the overall goal(s).

If you feel the need to edit my or other peoples waypoints, go ahead.

A way I think would help avoid stucks, is spacing out the waypoints, but that also could be bad is some cases, areas, and spots.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#17)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 28-02-2007

The stuck problem has been definitevly fixed in V3B18. Please try it.

Old
  (#18)
person135

Default Re: bots sticking together on v3b17a - 18-03-2007

OK I just tested v3b18, not v3b18a (I forgot about that one). The bots stuck together a lot. I didn't see much difference in the camping, but I don't mind that now. Solid work. Maybe it's my waypoints that are causing bots to stick together.