meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

A few ideas/suggestions
Old
  (#1)
Sintra

Default A few ideas/suggestions - 13-10-2005

Well, having used podbot for a great deal of years now (about 3-4), I thought it was time to contribute or annoy with some of my ideas and suggestions:

->Bots should not move at all when using the awp, or move from camp spot to camp spot during which they should switch to their sidearm. Same thing with the autosnipers.
The scout is fine (actually great).

->Instead of staring to one fixed point, they should look in the direction they're moving and just move their crosshair from side to side (just a slight movement so they don't look so robotic) and also should keep the recent enemie's seen position in memory and make that point the point they stare at (so they don't look in another direction when the enemy comes out of sight). While running in a direction they should look to their sides and behind every once in a while (so they don't become so easy to sneak up upon).

->When an enemy is heard or nearby and the bomb is planted, ct bots will disregard the bomb and try to sneak up on the enemy. I think this is wrong, they should rush the bomb site and, better yet, group up before rushing in the site.

->Make bots walk when sneaking and not crouch. Walking is faster.

->Don't make bots fire like lunatics when flashed... Just make them crouch and/or hide quietly.

->It would be very nice if, besides limiting what bots can buy, we could actually make bots buy a programmed list that we could edit. For instance, sometimes I want the bots to behave more like they were in a clan, and initially buy absolutely nothing or just some armour and grenades. (I've read somewhere you guys were thinking of adding a clan mode, so if it does this I'll be more than satisfied)

->I'd also find it fun if you used megahal too, like the rcbot. Me and my friends love it when playing ns the bots start to say things we said (this is useless but it'd be fun )

->This might be hard, but when following somebody, it'd be great if the bot use the nearest waypoint routes so it doesn't get stuck. Add in the stick together command so bots don't stray far away from teammates.

->Another thing that bothers me very much is the fact that sometimes when a teammate bot is trying to get out of my face it feels like he's glued to me. I straf right and it strafes after me.

That's it. If, by any chance, this has already been discussed or is in some to-do thread, I apologize. It's just cause I'm very limited when it comes to internet, and can only come once in a while and for short periods of time.
I also hope I wasn't too confusing when trying to explain things.
Ah! Thank you for reading all of this!

Re: A few ideas/suggestions
Old
  (#2)
pwn

Default Re: A few ideas/suggestions - 13-10-2005

Thats good idea : )

Re: A few ideas/suggestions
Old
  (#3)
HuntTheShunt

Default Re: A few ideas/suggestions - 25-11-2005

Some good ideas, but how would they be achieved/implemented?

Last edited by HuntTheShunt; 25-11-2005 at 21:55..