.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Mapping > HL Engine Mapping
HL Engine Mapping Maps for the Half-Life engine Half-Life

Hosting TFC(doesnt allow joining yet loads map)
Old
  (#1)
kc2keo

Default Hosting TFC(doesnt allow joining yet loads map) - 13-09-2004

Hi,

First of all i'm running a dedicated server on Mandrake Linux 10 which is hosting my map. I've created a map using Quark (didnt check version yet is pretty new).

The problem comes about when I try running the map in TFC half life works fine you could join. I think I know what the problem is however I'm all confused now. I understand that the entity info_player_start is for half life and I looked at the entitys for starting on TFC and then it used other player starts for spawning on different teams. I set those up and it still doesnt work. I also found that there is another entity info_player_start2. I set that up also on the map and it doesnt work.

When the client joins via Steam it downloads the map to them then asks for which team you wish to join. After you try to choose the team it asks you again and doesnt get past that point. Is there something else I must do in order for this to work?

And what gets me even more confused is when I create a fresh map with the defaults in Quark it loads and plays in TFC. I am also thinking it might not work because there exists half life entities that might be conflicting with the client choosing teams and spawning. I also looked at the targeting in the entity attributes and tried using info_tf_checkteam and nothing.

bye,

Thanks
George

Re: Hosting TFC(doesnt allow joining yet loads map)
Old
  (#2)
Scare

Default Re: Hosting TFC(doesnt allow joining yet loads map) - 29-01-2005

did you add the info_player_teamspawn and add info_tfdetect to choose the teams and available classes
info_player_start is just for the view at the start of the map