.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Reactor_Final - Feedback
Old
  (#1)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Reactor_Final - Feedback - 08-07-2006

This thread is for testing feedback on CrapShoots waypointing of Reactor_final

Crapshoot
I won't be doing extensive testing on this map because I haven't played it against humans.
I did note that the first time i ran it (using a command line +devmap invocation) that for the last 6-7 minutes only the engineers were leaving the allied spawn. (the allies had been totally dominated by axis from the start). However when the map restarted for the next match the allies advanced quickly and there were no spawn wallflowers. If it happens again I try to do a bot_pause and condump.

Re: Reactor_Final - Feedback
Old
  (#2)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Reactor_Final - Feedback - 08-07-2006

I believe this was fixed with the last fritzPak. There is quite a few navigation issues in the final phase of the map that I need to fix as well, I just haven't had much time for it lately.

Try re-downloading the pak and let me know if it still happens.

Old
  (#3)
vlvttch

Since the last update I've found it to work well. Yeah, still lots of tweaks but that start especially is working a lot better. No lost bots.

Old
  (#4)
TomTom

Ok the version I was testing was with the ascript from 10:25AM not 2:30pm on the 7.5.2006, so I'll start again and see if Athena, Tethys, .ares, Rhea, )*(pontus and Seraphim stop complaining.

Old
  (#5)
TomTom

OK 7.5.2006 2:30pm ascript version does not show any spawn wallflowers in the condumps so far.
Some engineers are 'killing themselves' in the console while goal_num=0 (details in attachment) in later games (typically third game in single map objective testing.) And a single case of an odd node related error message that I can't explain (waypoint editor was never on).
General opinion Very Good but allies are winning most. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt reactor_final testing.txt (1.4 KB, 373 views)

Old
  (#6)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

I'll look at it when I can. I don't think it's going to be for quite a while as I'm very busy with other things at the moment.

The node connections error is a bug in the code I believe.

Maybe it will be best to take these waypoints out of the pak for now as I'm not going to be able to touch them for a while. Unless someone else wants to take them....

Old
  (#7)
vlvttch

Honestly they're not to bad now. No real big errors and it's fairly playable. I'd say just leave it and worry about the tweaks later. The map I'm waiting for at this point is Xposed. Thats the one I really want to see.

Old
  (#8)
TomTom

I concur with Vivttch. Play looks good so far, and lets let a bigger audience comment on the team balance. Leave it in and mark it as beta+ in a rev note. (I'll test this rev 1 more day then move on to a different map)

UPDATE:
Balance was better this time playing an axis fieldOp.

The 'killing himself' message coming from bots that are not actually suiciding appears to be a bug in the Fritzbot Mod itself . The trigger is pushing a different bot to become a spectator from the menu. That bot will be 'killing himself' in the warmup as well as another bot from one of the teams. I suspect there might be a pointer, index or stack violation that causes the 'killing himself' message to be incorrectly attributed to the second bot. If so the violation is a read violation and as such not critical.
The Node error message is occurring say 25% of the maps and presumably is related to a node_connect in the ascript as I suspect you know.
BTW Have you noticed using pause from the menu also triggers the no goal complaints until the game resumes?

Last edited by TomTom; 09-07-2006 at 10:50..

Old
  (#9)
TomTom

Thumbs up Re: Reactor_Final - Feedback - 16-10-2006

CrapShoot Thank you for the latest nav and aiscript. I gave it a 9 cycle campaign cvar test with a vanilla allied soldier taking my place. No errors, No stuck messages, no max node connection messages etc. Balance was good for the first 4 (2:2) and acceptable over 9 (6:3). I suggest it get a wider test, then hand it off to our Great Boo-keeper for the next patch update.

Update: The second campaign test i added an allied mg42 soldier and an axis soldeir while i played along on the allied side. Third map saw something i had not seen for a long time. halfway in the map goalnum 0, All the allied players were stuck up against each other on node 2 with only 1 medic and 1 cvop moving around the perimeter. Had to grenade them to get them moving again. I think it would be best to split the initial allied spawn into half upstairs half downstairs JIC.
Also saw it in game 6 the explosives are on the truck, the truck needs repair, a field op pauses on node 2 then the 2 engrs then the other field op...

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Last edited by TomTom; 16-10-2006 at 05:26.. Reason: 2nd campaign test6

Old
  (#10)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Reactor_Final - Feedback - 16-10-2006

Updated the pathing at allied spawn. It's here