.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Fritz ET trouble
Old
  (#1)
Valiant

Default Fritz ET trouble - 03-04-2006

I've been struggling with how best to address this, because I've been having a very hard time pinning down the exact circumstances of the crash. The first instance that seemed repeatable involved an axis teammate being stabbed while laying down wounded right at the entrance to the forward bunker on wurzburg radar. (To be specific, the one where the constructable MG42 nest is located - which I was manning when it happened, both times.)

Other instances of this crash seem to come into play largely on Siwa Oasis when the action gets especially thick, exactly where and when the crash occurs, appears almost random to me - I've taken off the timelimit and had a match last well over a half an hour without incident, and had others where it crashed in a mere five or six minutes flat.

The error code generated by windows for all five to six of these occassions is below:

Faulting application et.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module cgame_mp_x86.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0004e2fb.

I had trouble getting this because, everytime I went to copy/paste it - it locked up my machine inexplicably. Eventually I smacked myself in the forehead and remembered, thats why event viewer was invented.

This is of course still on my ET v2.60 copy, running windows XP (sp2 - ugh), on an AMD Athlon 1.2ghz 266 FSB processor, with 1.5gb of PC133 SDRAM. If there's any other technical information or system reports say from windows event viewer or the temporary files generated for microsoft error reporting that may be of use, please let me know and I'll get that up here as soon as I can.

On a sidenote - Fritzbot ET is supposed to be serverside, but when I have pureserver turned off (or on) and client DL's disabled, it refuses to allow another client from my network to connect unless they have fritzbot/mp_bin.pk3 and fritz0.pk3. With pureserver on or off and client DL's enabled - it transfers those two files before it allows the client to successfully join the session. I was wondering if this is some kind of goof up in my settings or an actual issue.

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Re: Fritz ET trouble
Old
  (#2)
Valiant

Default Re: Fritz ET trouble - 03-04-2006

It occured to me while I was out running errands in town that I neglected to grab the latest FritzET update because I figured the fixing in that version was isolated to the post regarding the qagame_mp_x86.dll errors I had.

So if the cgame_mp_x86.dll was also recompiled for the fixed .60b version update, then this might cure the problem. If not then, at least I know I'm current now that I've grabbed that.

Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritz ET trouble - 04-04-2006

Fritz IS capable of running server side only. The client .dll just has the waypoint tools, and a few optional features that aren't really needed.

To run a server capable of taking all clients, just delete the mp_bin.pk3 file and the ui/cgame .dlls. IIRC it should work then, but I don't run a server, so I can't remember. :-/

Yes, I saw the cgame crash for the first time last night. I'm going to find out what it is tonight and fix it.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#4)
Valiant

Default Re: Fritz ET trouble - 04-04-2006

Duely noted. Thanks for the quick reply as always chief, I know you're a busy man.
I'll try to chime in a little faster next time I spot something out of place, and if anything I can dredge up over here will be of service just let me know.