Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

more ideas
Old
  (#1)
person135

Default more ideas - 18-10-2006

here's some ideas:

make a waypoint or something that tells bots to shoot this place when they come to it. You put the waypoint there and when they see it, they can sometimes shoot in that area.

make a waypoint that tells bots of BOTH teams that this waypoint is more important. I know that terrorist pay more attention to terrorist waypoints and CTs to CT ones, but how about a waypoint that both pay attention to more than the normal waypoints. It's like a team specific important waypoint, but only for both teams.

make a waypoint that tells the bots to be more cautious in that area. This waypoint can have a radius that tells the bots to be more cautious in that area. Bots can walk instead of run and focus more ahead of them. (I don't know about this one)

bots stare in the direction they are walking and don't turn around and look around too much. They can still turn around or look around, just not as much. They instead focus on the direction they are heading.

when bots see their team mate in a fight, they can either choose to help them out, run away, or stay back and watch them fight. (this is very helpful) (sometimes they see a friend getting shot at or in a fight and they don't care about the friend. they act like there is no fighting.

bots don't forget that they were in a fight. Sometimes, I see them forget that they are fighting and they instead walk around like they haven't just fought anyone. (do you get what I mean?)

Re: more ideas
Old
  (#2)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: more ideas - 18-10-2006

Well for the caution waypoint I think that is already taken care of with the pb_danger_factor.
But rather than being cautious I think if a bots health reaches low like in the 30s they should camp more and walk and be more cautious around corners etc...

I don't know what you mean with the forgetting of being in fights.

Instead of a new waypoint for shooting a place I would suggest another flag.
But I don't really know what shooting in at a place would help navigate a bot.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Re: more ideas
Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: more ideas - 18-10-2006

Try V3B16. MOre of Your ideas was "accidently enabled" by improving/fixing bots hearing stuff...
About that specyfic (more important/danger) WP - there is already in the code the bot look more around at some danger places (but without shooting there for no reason). Maybe it just needs to be improved.