.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Glider 3.02 waypoint project
Old
  (#1)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 22-07-2007

OK I now have a full WIP 0.02 waypoint of 2bit's map Glider version 3.02 (glider_302.pk3). And for those of your who could not count to 6 (previous post) this link gets you direct to the waypoint directory. As always rename to .pk3 and place in \fritzbot. If playing alone I recommend playing as an allied engineer initially as it is a tough game for the allies in the first half.

Please note that earlier versions called glider assault (glider_210.pk3 through glider_251.pk3 etc.) should not be in your etmain directory to be on the safe side. 2bit used the same bsp name for all versions of the map but waypoints will likely crash ET if used with the wrong version.

While this is the candidate for my final waypoint Fritzbot ET project, I will continue to fix up the older projects as time and feedback determine. And I will continue to be around to help get others to find how enjoyable a few waypoints can be. All you need is some time, and a mind inclined to enjoy problem solving and structured planning. Any programming experience is a plus.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project
Old
  (#2)
nedd3h

Default Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 22-07-2007

I'm so looking forward to test this!
...just need time ;o

will give you some feedback asap!

Old
  (#3)
nedd3h

Default Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 29-07-2007

ok! waypoints on my server!

i had a quick game, all seemed good but noticed one thing
• axis engie potsmell couldn't defuse dyno plant on top of generator

well done!
fun map this one

Old
  (#4)
TomTom

Thanks for the feedback Neddie. Was the dynamite planted on the generator or the generator's tank?
The generator tank is, I think, too difficult to expect bots to handle (its hard enough for me to get the toss right for the plant) so I might place a fakebrush that deflects everything at the top of the tank. As to the top of the generator my first test where just one engr bot responded confirmed your observation. Odd given that the height should not require them to jump on top. Anyway I threw a node on top JIC and subsequent tests with 2-3 engr bots responding were defused 4 out of 4.

As to adding extra defuse actions...well I do find multiple linked dyno-defuse actions at one objective results in bots responding to one of the spots seemingly at random, and if they can't see the dynamite from the defuse spot they chose they just stand there unconcerned! With only 2-3 engr bots per team I have learned to keep the number of dyno-defuse spots to a minimum. While that might not cover all human plant spots it does improve their ability to defuse the bot dyno-plants

Old
  (#5)
nedd3h

the plant was on the generator, not the tank
good idea re tank btw!

Old
  (#6)
nedd3h

Default Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 02-08-2007

the time the bots take to respond to anyone on the tank mg seems long and they are easilly owned... is there a way to reduce the response time or do something to combat this?

Old
  (#7)
TomTom

Default Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 02-08-2007

At what part of the map? I find when I man it out of the compound I get killed halfway up the hill.
Should I assume you were axis and owned the allies coming over fairly open territory?

Old
  (#8)
nedd3h

Default Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 03-08-2007

no allied owning axis over the entire tank route, i even paused at times to see what would happen and just didn't get shot at for a good few seconds

i could get a demo if it helps?

Old
  (#9)
TomTom

Default Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 03-08-2007

IMO the tank has too much health, and something is odd in its setup since the allied bots don't man the gun. I also don't feel like the bots focus on destroying it (and consequently killing you).

Now with the limited cover available there are only a few camps plus a couple of roams at each stage of the tank travel. I could try adding snipe camps aimed down the tank path but only hobbit in the current bots file snipes for axis. Panzers won't get close enough with the botsight. Botsight is set to a fairly normal value (1800=150feet?) for a reasonable fight at the start for the outpost. And so far my attempts to get the axis fieldop to the radio room to call in a ME109 strike have not worked. That would seem to imply he is choosing to pursue the tank when respawning at the outpost, and I can not make a bot follow a route if he chooses the tank as his objective. And as to making the other bots follow routes, well routes work best if they follow paths where the bots are not fired upon. Fighting seems to remove the route imperative as well as reseting the bot's chosen objective action.

I will try some stuff playing that part of the map and see. In the meanwhile you can try adding an extra fieldop or sniper to the axis team.

But as I blogged on my web-page there are even bigger problems in getting the allied bots to focus on building the CP...

Old
  (#10)
TomTom

Default Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 04-08-2007

Well hopefully you will think 0.03 is more challenging. This version also decreases the priority of constructions as a test to see if allied bots will sometimes build the CP even when the hopper steam generator is destroyed.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.