.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: Some things ive noticed
Old
  (#11)
Valiant

Default Re: Some things ive noticed - 19-04-2006

Please Delete, accidental duplicate posting -_-

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Last edited by Valiant; 19-04-2006 at 20:49..

Old
  (#12)
Valiant

Default Re: Some things ive noticed - 19-04-2006

please delete this.

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Last edited by Valiant; 19-04-2006 at 20:48..

Old
  (#13)
Maleficus

Default Re: Some things ive noticed - 20-04-2006

Thanks for the comments. Fritz is still early beta software, so a lot of the issues you point out are things on my TODO list that need to be fixed/tweaked/improved/added. So, we're working on them, and Fritz will get gradually better with each release.

RE: strafing, they should do it at any time with any SMG weapon. I've seen them do it quite a bit and have coded them to do it if they so choose, but they try to mix up their tactics, and some bots will do it more then others at certain times, so thats why some here have seen it, and others haven't.

Spawn camping is a matter of taste, a lot of ppl hate it, so its never been added yet. If one of the waypointers really wanted to add that behavior (and they're more then welcome to) I wouldn't stop them, but I don't encourage it. I know its behavior online players do, but online players also cheat, whine, cause troubles, annoy, etc, etc - which are things I don't want Fritz to do either. I want to simulate the GOOD and FUN aspects of online pub play, not the lame stuff.

Camping location is up to the waypointer. They can add as many or as few as they want. Since this was the first version of Fritz, I'm sure things that need improvement will be worked on in time.

the bots should have no problems hearing your chats if you bind them to keys - thats what I do, and they respond properly like they should. They don't respond to just text, but instead the actual voice chat.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#14)
Danke

Hmm, I'm a little confused since I'm a noob at this stuff. So what your saying is you can create new nodes for the bot to goto, like in oasis you could create a new node for the bot too camp above the old city (either the axis placeabove the old city wall or right above the old city flag room etc.)

It would be good if the axis bots could use the tunnels in oasis and use dynamite to blow the water pumps up I think I seen this done with another bot like bobots or something.

As far as the bind vsay stuff goes, if the bot gives me ammo or health I say thankyou via my binds and the bot ignores it, If I say, I need ammo or Heal me the bot ignores me, the second I do it the long way for Heal me the bot heals me, its annoying. So you mean you don't have this problem? I'll try binding them to my F keys and see where that gets me.

Thanks

EDIT: I just seen your post Mal, I see spawn camping as a problem if a panzer dude takes out about 6 people as they spawn all the time, however if its a long distance spawn camper with a smg or sniper, maybe its ok, its just another tactic and I don't see whats wrong with that. I do hate the spawn camping on battery though, the minute you spawn you die if your enemy is good at long distance aiming, if not maybe you can take them out first. What I mean is, all axis bots do is defend in their own base, Maybe some can defend the entrances (eg: radar) some can camp at the side entrance, some camp at the objective, some at the main entrance and maybe some can camp near the allies base to catch them before they enter the axis base. I just see it as a tactic, take them out before they reach the axis base, I see spawn camping as taking them out the minute they spawn and they dont have a chance to take cover or fight, if they have a chance to get whats going on and regroup and move out before starting to fight its ok isnt it?

Eh nvm I guess spawn camping is spawn camping.

I do use the vsay chat binds, not just text, the talking and they dont reply, I use the normal f g h t y buttons not the F1 F2 F3 Or the numpad buttons, I'm gonna try though.

Last edited by Danke; 20-04-2006 at 04:49..

Old
  (#15)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Oasis waypoint changes are in the works already. When I created them, I did most of the testing playing 13 v 13. Since most seem to be playing 10 v 10 (because of the default g_maxbots setting of 20) or lower there is a bit less resistance getting to the base than I had intended.

The bots are responding to me whether I use binds or the menu.

Old
  (#16)
Maleficus

Also, you must know that there are several things the bots consider before they respond to a call for ammo/health.

1. You must be fairly close to them.

2. You must not be moving around too much (they know better then to chase you around the map).

3. You must be easily reachable to them. If your in a hard to reach spot, they'll ignore you.

4. You must need the stuff you ask for: medics will ignore you if your full of health, for example.

5. They must have charge enough to supply you what your asking for. If you ask a FOps for ammo right after he threw an airstrike, hes going to ignore you.

I've never had an issue calling for a medic or FOps as long as all those conditions were met.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#17)
hobbit

If the bots ignore you, join the other team and kill em

Old
  (#18)
varjo

One things that should be added is ability to push bots, 'cause it's really annoying when they get stuck to doorways and you have to stab your way through...

Old
  (#19)
Infinite Death
56k Gamer

i read something about why they dont have that cause bots will push each other off cliffs and whatnot ...at least i think i read it somewhere on here.. heh, but i do have that issue alot as well... a bot getting stuck in a doorway and just jumping up and down sometimes getting up to 5-6 bots stuck together but it doesnt happen that often ...not enough to bother me anyway..

adding poison needle for medics tho would be nice

Old
  (#20)
varjo

Default Re: Some things ive noticed - 21-04-2006

Maybe that could be added to player only?