.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Wroclaw Map Bugs
Old
  (#1)
the bindlestiff

Default Wroclaw Map Bugs - 28-11-2005

Yesterday I noticed that Blunt had added the waypoints for the map "Wroclaw_beta." I immediately downloaded the waypoints and then located the map on the web and downloaded it too. When my gaming buddy and I ran it last night, we encountered several weird problems. Bots were placing TNT at open areas on walls and wandering aimlessly. As an engineer, when I placed TNT on doors that gave the "blow this target" message, my TNT would go off but the wall/door did not open.

After some time, I got beaucoup error messages saying something to the effect that "bots have no valid goals within this map." We abandoned the map at this time. When we moved on to other maps, some worked properly but we found that for about a dozen others the map objectives were missing. There were no US/Axis flag icons on the screen, the objective list was completely blank and the main goal text seemed to be a remanent of one of the "good" maps that we had played previously.

Strange, indeed. I haven't had the time to debug this yet, aside from going through all 36 of my Fritzbot maps and finding out which of them were contaminated. These are maps that were perfectly good before Wroclaw. I don't know how one map could influence the others. If I can't locate the source of the problem, I think I'll restart from my last previous system backup and see if that removes it.

For now, I'm very puzzled. . .

Re: Wroclaw Map Bugs
Old
  (#2)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: Wroclaw Map Bugs - 28-11-2005

It won't work properly until the coming update is released because i had to fix the objectives on that map. The barrier removal system broke the objectives on that map so i had to add a code exemption to fix it but it's only avilable in the next patch. I'd wait until after the next release to play that map. Sorry about that.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#3)
renartthefox
thefox

Default Re: Wroclaw Map Bugs - 29-11-2005

I guess it would be just as easy to post this here, than start a new thread. The bindlestif and myself were talking today about our furious play and our posts to the board here. We are wondering if your "want" to hear about problems we are finding in these maps, waypoint files and general play, or if your already groing tired of our constant posts of errors and other miscellaneous rabble.

thanks for listening

-=(thef0x)=-

Old
  (#4)
ANFSCD
Fritz Bot Fan Club

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that they want to hear about bugs and problems... Otherwise they would let you know Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Last edited by ANFSCD; 29-11-2005 at 01:07..

Old
  (#5)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANFSCD
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that they want to here about bugs and problems... Otherwise they would let you know Correct me if I'm wrong guys.
He's right, by all means post any and all suggestions and bug reports and we'll look into them (some can be fixed, some can't). It helps us fix bugs and make better waypoints essentially, so don't be bashful by any means. We appreciate any and all help.

This applies to everyone as well, don't be afraid to report bugs or waypoint problems or anything else, we appreciate all the feedback we recieve.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Last edited by Denny; 29-11-2005 at 01:12..

Old
  (#6)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Absolutely, please continue to report bugs / issues that you see. This mod is still in develpment and waypoints can always use tweaking. So feedback is a good thing.

Old
  (#7)
the bindlestiff

We thought that you'd appreciate our reports of bugs that we notice while playing Fritzbot. We just wanted to make sure that we weren't stepping on anyone's toes! Both "the f0x" and I have experience with computers and programming and we both are obsesesive about wanting things to work right.

RE Wroclaw, perhaps a wee line in a Readme would help those folks who don't frequent this forum regularly?

I don't understand how an errant waypoint file could cause so much havoc with the rest of my maps. Over a dozen of them lost their objectives and were unplayable because of it. Sure, we could run around trying to achieve the objectives as we knew them, but the bots usually just fought it out with the enemy bots. Without objectives, a round never ended.

After identifying the dozen maps that were affected, I tried the usual things: restarted Fritzbot, rebooted the computer, and reinstalled Fritzbot. None helped.

I fired up WolfMP and verified that the objectives were, indeed, there and functioning properly, so the problem HAD to be in Fritzbot. By trial and error (many errors), I discovered that if I loaded a misbehaving map in WolfMP THEN loaded it in Fritzbot, it would be fixed. So I did this for all the objective-less maps and now all seem to be functioning properly.

EXCEPT for the fact the I have to manually load the bots from the console if I load a map from the console. If I load a map from the Main Menu, the lots usually load automatically. Before Wroclaw, the bots would always load no matter which method I chose to load a map (as long as I was the only player connected).

At present, I'm set up as a listening server but soon will have a rental server which will hopefully eliminate the f0x's lag problem due to my limited DSL upload rate.

Happy head-scratching . . .

Old
  (#8)
Maleficus

Hopefully this will no longer be an issue. The latest Fritz will be available in about 10 minutes (gotta finish uploading).

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#9)
the bindlestiff

Hate to tell you this, Maleficus, but your Fritz_053.zip gives me a "corrupted zip file - unexpected end of archive" error.

Sheesh! So I didn't wait long enuf and downloaded it while it wasn't finished uploading (got a MB of it, tho).

Now I can open it and will install it soon.

EDITED: (a few minutes later) Lordy, lordy -- seven new maps! Whoohaaa!

RE bugs: a itty bitty one -- the bot "blunt" is referenced in sf_cobra but there is no blunt.bot file to be found in the bot list in Fritz0.pk3.

Last edited by the bindlestiff; 29-11-2005 at 08:09..

Old
  (#10)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bindlestiff
Hate to tell you this, Maleficus, but your Fritz_053.zip gives me a "corrupted zip file - unexpected end of archive" error.
Thats because it was still uploading.

56k sucks, but by the time you read this tho, it will be done.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 29-11-2005 at 07:54..