.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Re: Howz My Waypoint style?
Old
  (#31)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 06-06-2004

lol, so we WILL have HuntaBros. waypoint releases.
And your choice is really remarkable. I waypointed cs_beersel and cs_hive_apc for PB 2.5, but the other ones I never did. Oh yes, and de_bridge. Maybe even for 2.6mm. I never released it, though, as it didn't convince me 100%. But the other ones... I didn't even FIND de_snipeit5 for d/l anywhere!

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#32)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 11-06-2004

[Double posting on purpose, so that the new post gets noticed...]

Hi Huntakillaz! I know, I took much time, but I finally have some screenies from cs_1701e. You know, I'm currently doing pretty much the same for / with biohazerd87, and it's hard to be a "nanny" for two waypointers at once...

Ok, all particular comments and suggestions are in the screenies, as usual.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cs_1701e-screenies.zip (585.3 KB, 273 views)

Old
  (#33)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 12-06-2004

lol........i've already fixed those and more..i had problems deleting the lift wp's and trying to make ct's to go that way....(finally got 1 to go there but not very much)

i took what u told me on de egypt and applied it to all maps...so when i do my next release u should see very few errors

ps: the ct's don't come through those back doors coz of that button problem.

●_•

Old
  (#34)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 12-06-2004

Can't wait to see your next release...

Ah, and if these doors in cs_1701e don't work, maybe the map could use a "treatment" with Austin's bsp editing tool? Like, a door button amputation?

Ok, looking forward to your next post.

Old
  (#35)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 14-06-2004

the next de_egypt with the pack will be final (so gimme any probs now )

and the map de_snipeit5 (has alot of ladder bugs) and wp's (unfinished)
Attached Files
File Type: zip de_snipe_it5.zip (10.3 KB, 284 views)
File Type: zip de_egypt.zip (17.0 KB, 262 views)
File Type: zip de_snipe_it5.zip (140.7 KB, 288 views)

●_•

Old
  (#36)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 15-06-2004

Checked your de_egypt... you'll find all details in the well-known screenies I attached.
The general impression is: Yes. This is good stuff, and there isn't a single serious point left to criticise, just some minor thingies that still stand between you and total 1337ness... But seriously, you're on your way! You took your time, listened to the feedback you got, changed very much and found some really neat solutions. Do you remember how your first version looked? Wouldn't you agree that this WP set is now far better than before?
One interesting question now is: Can you come up with such a waypoint set entirely on your own, without 2 or 3 beta versions and feedback? Just from scratch to 1337 ? I think you can, seriously. Try it. If you don't succeed, no problem. But I think you are one of those guys who eventually WILL be capable of releasing real HQ stuff on their own. The potential is there, all it takes is a continuing commitment to maniacal thoroughness and some more routine & experience... if you do everything right, you'll always find things to change, to try out & to improve... your 50th map won't look the same as the 5th. My 50th map sure looked different from the first ones, and the ones I waypoint now are again something different... 8D

Oh, as short note about de_snipeit5: Those ladders are HORRIBLE! Not your ladder WPs, I mean the func_ladders this mapper made. He must have been a beginner. They're far too thick.
Try to make bots leave the ladder to the side (not forwards, which would get them on top of that thick func_ladder), and bots who want to go down maybe will fare best if they drop from the opposite wall to the ladder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip feedback_Huntakillaz.zip (456.8 KB, 261 views)

Old
  (#37)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 15-06-2004

thnax dude

some stuff
screenshot:

1) bot's make it over so it's fine
4) i tried a similar on the tree at t base it doesn't work,they still can't jump to that normal thats currently there so i'm gonna leave it

5) in game those wp's work differently than it's made to be...they won't alwasy goto the top to camp

sometimes the bots go onto it but at that camp the move forward coz of the wall..so the end up hiding behind the pillars...wasn't my intention but turned out to be good

6) in game dangerfactors makes ct's go there anyways

10) was intentional ...i did it to ct's can come up behind T faster than going all the way round

well thats about it ..ill fix the few things and i still got 2 falls to create work arounds of and then its final ..

ps: now i do em alot better first time.......u should see my 2.5 wp's they were so horrible 8o

these beta's helped me get from where i was to now....thanx T wrecks

●_•

Old
  (#38)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 16-06-2004

ooo today i figured out how to get the bots through that underwater tunnel in de_bridge ..without dying all the time (one way though )

..they still do sometimes but most of them get through only going down by max 30 hp......

....i'm gonna try some other stuff to reduce it more ..... but that'll be later next week

if u wanna have a looksy tell me i'll upload it

and maybe u can give me a hint as well on how to do a low hp drop from the rocks on the t' side of the bridge currently i lose 50

●_•

Last edited by Huntkillaz; 16-06-2004 at 10:37..

Old
  (#39)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 16-06-2004

Hey, it was fun to send back comments and stuff and see how you improved... work, but also fun. Glad you made such progress!

@de_egypt: Hehe, ok! I accept what you say. You know, it's not always easy for me to separate badly waypointed spots from those that are just waypointed in a way that's just radically different from my style... but your arguments sound sensible after all.

@de_bridge: Oh yeah, that underwater tunnel is hell. I once got it to work with less than 20 HP loss towards the bridge, but from the bridge into the tunnel? I think I've tried just about everything, and it never worked reliably enough - which is a pity, because it would be a nice possibility for the CTs to get behind the Ts' backs. But apparently something went wrong there (map-wise), there's some invisible barrier.
Low HP drop from the rocks on the T side of the bridge? Sorry, I don't know which place you mean - screenie?

@old waypoints: I know EXACTLY what you mean. My "old" waypoints weren't even that old, but holy shit... I had a totally different style back then, and those bugs and errors - rraaahh!

Old
  (#40)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 17-06-2004

woot i now got them to go through with no damage or only get 1 drain of hp...
unless the go back in to that tunnel (yeah i got it as one way but ocassionally they would got the other way to the specified path ??? )

//still ufinished as i got some bugs and bad connections
Attached Files
File Type: zip de_bridge.zip (28.5 KB, 275 views)

●_•