.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: Waypointing
Old
  (#11)
Stormer

Default Re: Waypointing - 05-01-2007

Ok.... I'm going to be asking a lot of questions in this thread . The big problem that I have run into is how I get around barriers. There is a action 15 but it says its not implemented so I'm wondering how to get around this? I might be just waypointing it wrong (highly likely). Also is there a faster way to connect nodes that are not nodes that you just placed like 185 and 24 other then going through the command /node_connect 185 24 then /node_connect 24 185.

Old
  (#12)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

reply In reverse
- no only successive nodes can be connected by hobbits autoconnect button or by /node_autoconnect (last 2 nodes placed only).
- Bots will shoot through easy barriers (shootable doors, windows etc). For other barriers if there is a useful entnum you can place a satchel action or script it out of the map with a custom script (see the wiki topic).

BTW Why not start a new thread in the waypointing sub-forum for all your questions.

Last edited by TomTom; 05-01-2007 at 05:52..

Old
  (#13)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

I moved it.

For the Barbed wire barriers, use the func_explosive entity. For et_village, those are 232, 235 and 238

so at the top of the map script (not aiscript) just below the game_manager and spawn keywords, you would put:

Code:

game_manager
{
    spawn
    {
          //stormer: remove some barriers the bots can't get through
          barrierRemove
          {
               232 //barbed wire on the side
          }
          barrierRemove
          {
              235 //barbed wire near crypt
          }
          barrierRemove
          {
              238 //barbed wire near bridge
          }
          //end stormer

Old
  (#14)
Stormer

I'm new to all of this so bare with me. I went into the fritz folder and unzipped the et_village package (or just that script in it) changed it so it reads.
game_manager
{
spawn
{

//stormer: remove some barriers the bots can't get through
barrierRemove
{
232 //barbed wire on the side
}
barrierRemove
{
235 //barbed wire near crypt
}
barrierRemove
{
238 //barbed wire near bridge
}
//end stormer
// Game rules
Then I added that script back into the pk3 package and when I look into the pk3 file it shows the change so it worked there. It doesn't seem to work in the game though. I did the same to the the pk3 file in the etmain... and that didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Old
  (#15)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

The first thing to do is go take that stuff out of the etmain version. barrierRemove isn't a recognized script keyword in any mod but fritzbot.

You only need to have the et_village.pk3 in the etmain folder as well.

in the fritzbot folder, create a folder called maps and put the modified map script in there:

\fritzbot\maps\et_village.script

as long as you start fritzbot with sv_pure 0, it will load the modified map script.

Old
  (#16)
Stormer

Default Re: Waypointing - 07-01-2007

I'm in the early process of the map and testing out basic things. I now have it so the allies win but the axis when they run to the spawn point to defend it do not fire. They don't fire when they are running there either. Wondering if that is normal and if routes will help with that.

Old
  (#17)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Are the axis bots complaining in the cosole (e.g. no goals) or are they spamming messages like thank you etc a lot?

Old
  (#18)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

doesn't sound like a no goals issue if they are running to the deliver area. if you have regular camp or roam actions set up for them around the deliver spot, the only reason I can think of that they wouldn't shoot is having bot_SightDist to 0.

I'd just verify you have some camp actions back there and don't have any incorrect actions like an axis a deliver action or something

Old
  (#19)
Stormer

Default Re: Waypointing - 15-01-2007

Oops, well I think I figured out a big problem. I reread the fritz guide about goals and figured out that I was setting all the actions with goals and not IDs. I have a question about IDs. If I want to use camps in the same spot that they are, can I set them to multiple IDs? Allies blow up crypt and I want the camps around the crypt to stay and not disappear. They go away because goal tracker goes to 0 to 1 and all the ID zeros shut down. Also, when do I use the action_goal command? Do I put it on the action that is for the wall to blow up and the action for steal objectives or do I put IDs on them? Also, I'm having a hard time finding the ent number for the door of the crypt. I found the ent number for the wall (191) but it's not the same as the door. Is there someplace I can go to find this number? Somewhere in some et_village text file?

Old
  (#20)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Waypointing - 15-01-2007

Group ID's are different in ET than they were in RTCW. I guess it gets kind of confusing reading the rtcw tutorial and trying to apply it to ET. I wrote a new goal tracker page more geared for ET here:

http://wiki.bots-united.com/index.ph...t_Goal_Tracker

Groups in ET are a set of actions that can be turned on or off in the aiscript. Rather than having to set their status individually.

Action_Goal is used in ET as Action_Group was used in RTCW.

So to reuse those crypt actions, you would put them into a group and toggle them on and off based on the status of the Gold:

Code:
 action 0 // the gold action test
{
   //gold has been stolen..shift the action to the truck
    if_obj_home_false 0
        deactivateAction_Group 1 //actions by crypt
    if_obj_home_false 0
        activateAction_Group 2 //actions back by the truck

//gold has been returned...shift action back to crypt
    if_obj_home_true 0
        activateAction_Group 1 //actions by crypt
    if_obj_home_true 0
        deactivateAction_Group 2 //actions back by the truck
}
For the entity numbers, if you can't find them with viewent, The waypoint tool has a bsp reader that you can look through.

I'll see if I can find it a bit later.