.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

SW_Goldrush_te
Old
  (#1)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default SW_Goldrush_te - 19-12-2006

version 1 beta is here
the map is here

I just converted the original goldrush waypoints and added some extra pathing / routes where it was needed.

They should play it fairly well, but if anyone notices problems, let me know.

Re: SW_Goldrush_te
Old
  (#2)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: SW_Goldrush_te - 22-12-2006

version 2 is here

contains several bug fixes, pathing improvements, and game balance improvements.

Old
  (#3)
nedd3h

Default Re: SW_Goldrush_te - 25-12-2006

thanks again!

Old
  (#4)
nedd3h

Default Re: SW_Goldrush_te - 19-03-2007

apparently there is a pillar exploit which has been fixed via a mapscipt by KingJackaL
...just thought you may want to add this in the next pack release
the scripts include a cheat fix from bani too
Attached Files
File Type: zip goldies.zip (17.9 KB, 451 views)

Old
  (#5)
BoringMan

Default Re: SW_Goldrush_te - 08-08-2007

Just played that today and all bots stopped once the tank reached the first barrier (built barrier). All Allies stood in a circle about 20 yards from spawn cept one guy that did a little dance over and over again on the barrier...and he was surrounded by 6 axis just staring at him in amazement.

Old
  (#6)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: SW_Goldrush_te - 09-08-2007

Check the ammo and health cabinets, Do they look like whiskey bottles? If they do ... it is the dratted Irish bug, you'll have to kick one of the players, he's a wee-little fellow in funny dress....

In all seriousness What are the bots saying in the console? Are they spamming normal chatter-type messages or are they spamming error messages? Try condump-ing the console to a file when it happens. Did you install Nedd3h's attachment above? (it won't be compatible unless merged by a waypointer, so remove it)

Old
  (#7)
tinyrodent

Default Re: SW_Goldrush_te - 09-10-2007

I didn't see any problem with the tank barrier. However playing as Allied Soldier, I never saw my engineer teammates try to destroy the truck barrier. They just stood nearby and defended the truck. Meanwhile the Axis team seemed to be trying to destroy the truck e.g. with satchel charge. But the truck is not destructible in this version of the map.

Playing as Axis Soldier the only time I saw an Allied engineer try to blow the truck barrier was before the gold was stolen.

Both team medics do a stupid thing around the barbed wire. They will jump right in it to revive a teammate, killing themselves in the process.

Another thing I hate the bots do... when I take over the enemy vehicle to use the mounted machine gun, they will kill me trying to disable the vehicle.

Old
  (#8)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Since Crapshoot may not visit regularly I'll try answering.

Some of your complaints are not specific to the waypoints. Currently Fritzbot ET only properly supports damageable vehicles that are specific to one team. This is why the waypoints for supplydepot2 are not released yet. Mal apparently tried in January (when he had some spare time) to create a vehicle fix but it compiled buggy and he has not had time since.

As to manning an enemy vehicle mounted mg even in bobots your bot team mates will still attack the tank just like many human players carelessly do.

The barbed wire is another behavior that can't be fixed in the waypoints. The waypoints simply tell the bots whether it is ok to navigate along the road. But the bots do not depend on the nav nodes when they are close enough (500?) to the objective (healing) or when fighting. It would be nice if the bots better understood various dangers in the map but I don't know if Mal has any plans in that area.

Offhand the only thing that a waypointer can do in your list is try to improve the focus of the engineers to blowing the barrier (by turning the vehicle support off and disabling all other priority engr actions and routing the engineers through safe paths avoiding fights).

Old
  (#9)
tinyrodent

Well maybe my tone was too harsh. But I'm trying to provide constructive feedback rather than simply complaints.

And if Mal releases the source then I might be willing to address some of these things... there are many ways the bot behavior is not very "human-like" which in my opinion reduces the enjoyment of the game. But it's still a good game and I'm glad it's available.

I didn't see a thread specifically to list suggestions of improvement to bot behavior. Is there any point in starting one?