.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums irc server wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps waypoints yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#21)
Santo
Member
 
Santo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bucharest/Romania
Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 06-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
You have to write in upper case the word in botchat.txt. The file is reloaded only when the bot dll (podbot_mm.dll/podbot_mm_i386.so) is loaded at the game start (it's not enough just to restart the map - You must restart the game on the server).

That You can't change. It's hardcoded. Give them just more time to answer. They usually reply 7/10 or more, but it takes time to get the answer (10 to 20 seconds).
I'm reffering to the word that I must write in the game with say command, It must be with UPPER CASE or I can just type it with lower cases and/or with in combinations with other words ?!
I must type the word in the game with say command more than one time to make the bots answer ?! And what happens if I'm typing the @KEY word, for example "ADMIN" like 6 times ?!
  
Reply With Quote
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#22)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm
 
KWo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,424
Join Date: Apr 2004
Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 06-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo View Post
I'm reffering to the word that I must write in the game with say command, It must be with UPPER CASE or I can just type it with lower cases and/or with in combinations with other words ?!
Say command doesn't need to contain the word in UPPER CASE. You can write it as You want - i.e. Admin, AdMiN, aDMIN, admin and so on. Only in botchat.txt it should be written as @KEY "ADMIN" - as You can see here - in UPPER CASE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo View Post
I must type the word in the game with say command more than one time to make the bots answer ?!
No - it's enough to type it once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo View Post
And what happens if I'm typing the @KEY word, for example "ADMIN" like 6 times ?!
Nobody knows - it wasn't tested. More than likely it will not work correctly or they would answer only with replies written in the first section of the same keyword.
  
Reply With Quote
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#23)
Santo
Member
 
Santo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bucharest/Romania
Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 07-03-2013

Thank you for your answers. Can you modify [code=bot.cpp]
// Assign how talkative this Bot will be
pBot->SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT (10.0, 20.0); // KWo - 02.03.2010
pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG (40, 100); // KWo - 31.03.2006[/code] to a short period of time ?! Or make a a cvar or an option to be modified by anyone who's using PODBOT ? Release a future, or something.
  
Reply With Quote
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#24)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm
 
KWo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,424
Join Date: Apr 2004
Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 07-03-2013

Hunans aren't answering faster or more often. Why do You need these values to be shorter?
  
Reply With Quote
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#25)
Santo
Member
 
Santo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bucharest/Romania
Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 08-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Hunans aren't answering faster or more often. Why do You need these values to be shorter?
No man, humans are replying when you ask them something, those PODBOTS are replying very very retard, with much much much delay. When a player ask them something they do not reply. And if they will reply the player probably will be gone. It's not good, you must make a public quote or something to see the people reaction to this and make those modifications, or you can just add a cvar so anyone who wants to modify those settings are free to do. You can't enforce your settings (opinion) even if you're the creator of the POD BOTS. If you've made this grate add on, for us, you must do this for all those people who download and install your add on and give you credits. Thanks man.
  
Reply With Quote
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#26)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm
 
KWo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,424
Join Date: Apr 2004
Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo View Post
When a player ask them something they do not reply. And if they will reply the player probably will be gone.
Why the player should be gone? I wrote clearly - they don't answer if they are alive. They do answer if they are dead and the player asking them is dead, too. So if the player is dead, why should he be gone (from the server?)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo View Post
It's not good, you must make a public quote or something to see the people reaction to this and make those modifications, or you can just add a cvar so anyone who wants to modify those settings are free to do.
That means about 5 new cvars (min/max delays, min/max chat probability, delay between 2 chats). Do You know how many cvars is there already? I believe the people are already lost while reading the current podbot.cfg and docs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo View Post
You can't enforce your settings (opinion) even if you're the creator of the POD BOTS. If you've made this grate add on, for us, you must do this for all those people who download and install your add on and give you credits. Thanks man.
I'm not creator of podbot mm. The first creator of podbot was Count Floyd. He stopped work on this bot, but he left the sources. Then Pierre-Marie Baty has ported this bot to metamod (so it's called now podbot mm), but after short time of work on this bot and many complains of users (including me ) - to add/change something, he gave up and left it, too. Actually he was also busy with his-own business and private life, so I believe it was the main reason he had to stop the work on this bot. Then SpLoRyGoN started to continue the work on this bot, but after some time he had to stop it, too. Finally I learned a bit C++ and I started step by step to modify the code of this bot. That's the history. Currently I'm really busy so I don't have much time to work on it. The feature You need isn't much time consuming, but - if I do it for You - then other people wanted other cvars for other settings will start to complain (why not my needs?).
As You can see - after reading this forum - You are the only person asking about the chat frequency. Nobody else needs this. I don't think it's the most important thing to do now. The people are still reporting one bug - bots are looking at the sky for no reason. I spent huge time to fix this, but it looks it's still not fixed. Maybe even there are other bugs they need to be fixed? That is always the priority. If bugs are fixed, then I'm eventually adding new features. Is this OK for You or not?
  
Reply With Quote
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#27)
Santo
Member
 
Santo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bucharest/Romania
Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Why the player should be gone? I wrote clearly - they don't answer if they are alive. They do answer if they are dead and the player asking them is dead, too. So if the player is dead, why should he be gone (from the server?)?-
Yes man from the Server, the POD BOT are replying retard.

Quote:
That means about 5 new cvars (min/max delays, min/max chat probability, delay between 2 chats). Do You know how many cvars is there already? I believe the people are already lost while reading the current podbot.cfg and docs...
I've read all POD BOT files.
Quote:
I'm not creator of podbot mm. The first creator of podbot was Count Floyd. He stopped work on this bot, but he left the sources. Then Pierre-Marie Baty has ported this bot to metamod (so it's called now podbot mm), but after short time of work on this bot and many complains of users (including me ) - to add/change something, he gave up and left it, too. Actually he was also busy with his-own business and private life, so I believe it was the main reason he had to stop the work on this bot. Then SpLoRyGoN started to continue the work on this bot, but after some time he had to stop it, too. Finally I learned a bit C++ and I started step by step to modify the code of this bot. That's the history. Currently I'm really busy so I don't have much time to work on it. The feature You need isn't much time consuming, but - if I do it for You - then other people wanted other cvars for other settings will start to complain (why not my needs?).
As You can see - after reading this forum - You are the only person asking about the chat frequency. Nobody else needs this. I don't think it's the most important thing to do now. The people are still reporting one bug - bots are looking at the sky for no reason. I spent huge time to fix this, but it looks it's still not fixed. Maybe even there are other bugs they need to be fixed? That is always the priority. If bugs are fixed, then I'm eventually adding new features. Is this OK for You or not?
It's not for me specially. It's for every one. That's why I've asking you to make a pool with this subject and see the people vote for it. Thanks and I hope you can do one Pool.
  
Reply With Quote
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#28)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm
 
KWo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,424
Join Date: Apr 2004
Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 10-03-2013

I don't want to add more cvars. There is already too many of them. I've reduced timers to reply in chats, so try this version:
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...category&id=46
  
Reply With Quote
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#29)
Santo
Member
 
Santo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bucharest/Romania
Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
I don't want to add more cvars. There is already too many of them. I've reduced timers to reply in chats, so try this version:
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...category&id=46
YEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeey !!!!! Yiiipiiiiiiiiiiiii ! I will try it !
Ok I've download this podbot mm V3 binary linux so (libstdc++6.so static linked!) and then replace the old podbot_mm_i386.so with this. Stop and Restart the HLDS. It's that ok ?

[ 3] POD-Bot mm RUN - podbot_mm_i386.s vV3B22a ini Chlvl ANY

And what's the pBot->SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT (10.0, 20.0);
pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG (40, 100) ?

Last edited by Santo; 11-03-2013 at 12:49..
  
Reply With Quote
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#30)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm
 
KWo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,424
Join Date: Apr 2004
Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo View Post
Ok I've download this podbot mm V3 binary linux so (libstdc++6.so static linked!) and then replace the old podbot_mm_i386.so with this. Stop and Restart the HLDS. It's that ok ?
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo View Post
And what's the pBot->SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT (10.0, 20.0);
pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG (40, 100) ?
pBot->SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT (3.0, 10.0);
The second line is not changed. Just try if it works better now. I have changed also other lines, to let them reply faster.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com