.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Bugs in release 2.1
Old
  (#1)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Bugs in release 2.1 - 14-05-2004

I just tryied a little time this latest version of PB2.6mm rel.2.1 made by sPlOrYgOn and what I can see:
If addbot command should work exactly like this line for console commands (line from versionhistory.txt)

pb addbot [skill [personality [team [model [name]]]]]

it doesn't work exactly like this.

Here You have some lines of my podbot.cfg file

detailnames on

addbot 100 1 2 2 Ryback
addbot 100 2 1 1 Roger
addbot 100 3 2 3 James_Bond
addbot 100 1 1 2 Szakal
addbot 100 2 2 2 Rambo
addbot 100 3 1 4 Android
addbot 100 1 1 2 Ivan
addbot 100 2 1 3 Terminator

For example - the personality of James_Bond and Android should be the same, but they aren't (what exactly range - I hope 1-3, but there is nowhere exactly described...). You can see this at my screenshot.

The second thing - I don't know exactly why, but bots are running on the map still looking down, so they can see nobody - the result after 4 rounds You can see at my picture, too.

Tested on listenserver CS1.5 under Win98SE, Metamod 1.17, ClanMod 1.82betat1 , StatsMe 2.8.0 beta7.
For sure podbot_mm.dll (229376 bytes, created 2004.05.11 17:22, why there isn't as a message at game start the version number...) with botskill.cfg and botweapons.cfg and podbot.cfg included in this latest release.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCRS_SP_PB_21.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	210  

Re: Bugs in release 2.1
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bugs in release 2.1 - 14-05-2004

Sorry for double posting (I know how to use "Edit", but I need a separation for screenshots).

Next tests - after changelevel commands - the same configs like my post above - I didn't added new bots manualy during game, but one bot was added by it self at new map start. Next changelevel and this new bot has changed team (!!!), but second bot was not added by it self (OK). Here is something to do...
You can see results at these two next screenshots.

About this bot's look down - If You don't understand what I mean, the third screenshot should help, I hope...

This is enough for this moment, I think. I don't want to "be nagging" somebody...

EDIT

I forgot add, that I use botaim plugin v1.5 , but without this plugin bot play normaly - without looking down. Why nobody said this before, that for this new version of podbot_mm26 we should not load this botaim plugin? > Maybe some people like this plugin, too?

/EDIT
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	one_more.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	211   Click image for larger version

Name:	change_team.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	212   Click image for larger version

Name:	look_down.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	213  

Last edited by KWo; 14-05-2004 at 22:45..

Old
  (#3)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: Bugs in release 2.1 - 15-05-2004

maybe i shoulda posted better instructions..
or change a few things..
so far the personality thing goes from 0-2...
sorry its not 1-3 maybe i can change that later...

Old
  (#4)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

About the bots looking down problem, this is probably a problem with the BotAim plugin configuration.
There is a CVAR that BotAim uses that reverts the X angle (vertical angle) of the bots. I implemented this CVAR because some bots have different ways of handling their aiming code, some of them invert their angles before processing and revert them back after, and some others don't.

Try changing the value of the bot_aim_fix CVAR (or dunno how it's called). Look in the botaim plugin readme file. Your problem is explained here.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
About the bots looking down problem, this is probably a problem with the BotAim plugin configuration.
Maybe once again I was not exactly in my description. I wanted say that I use this plugin a long time without any configuration files (all CVAR's by defaults) with all previous version of PODBOT26_mm (except this sPlOrYgOn release 2.0 - I didn't tryied that one) and I never saw this situation. Last update (maybe this previous - I have not tested it) somebody changed something in code. Probably somebody wanted fix this vertical x axis problem in Botman's original aiming code (I remember some posts about this). Maybe this is correct to fix this issue in podbot26mm source - why not? But for me is only one problem - why did noboday say nothing about this change? I didn't found something about this in versionhistory.txt - so for me this bot's behavior was a big unnice surprise...???

I'm agree with You - if there is something simple to fix - do this - why not? But please - write something for people and write what result is possible to see after some fix and what should we do to not be unnice surprised...

BTW - is this latest version 1.5 of this nice plugin or maybe You have some newer version?
I will try change this CVAR tomorrow...

Old
  (#6)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

dude, if I was to put a line in the changelog for every single thing I changed in the bot code, the changelog would be 40 megabytes large as now

I didn't thought about the botaim plugin at all when I did it. But I'll try to think about it next time

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#7)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bugs in release 2.1 - 16-05-2004

OK - I 've just tested botaim plugin with this setting:

bot_aim_fix 0

I 've put this line above in podbot.cfg (I hope this is correct place...).

What I saw? Now bots are looking up. So - there is some incompatiblity between podbot2.6mm_rel2.1 and botaim plugin (without this plugin bots behavior is correct), but it's impossible for this moment fix this issue (bot looking up/down) by this parameter written above.
Maybe some another suggestion for possibility use both these files (podbot26mm_rel2.1 and botaim)...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	look_up.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	218  

Old
  (#8)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

I know this is not what you want, but I'm just wondering: With so many improvements included right in the bot dll now, is the BotAim plugin still necessary at all?
I had it running before, but when I was trying out later PB 2.6mm releases, I kicked it out to make sure any bugs I spotted would be PB bugs and not BotAim-related ones. And I think bots aim just fine without it.

But of course, the ideal case would be that it's possible to run both plugins together without problems... or officially declare that BotAim no longer be used for PB2.6mm because it's obsolete from now on?

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#9)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

This problem is probably directed to sPlOrYgOn. I tryied if skill parameters are really affected by bot's behavior.
In my podbot.cfg I wrote these lines:

addbot 20 1 2 2 Ryback
addbot 10 2 1 1 Roger
addbot 40 0 2 3 James_Bond
addbot 20 1 1 2 Szakal
addbot 60 2 2 2 Rambo
addbot 40 0 1 4 Android
addbot 60 1 1 2 Ivan
addbot 80 2 1 3 Terminator
addbot 100 0 2 4 Nikita
addbot 100 1 1 3 Luis

I played 30 min. During this time I supposed to see bots with bigger skill at the top of the scoreboard and bots with less skill at bottom of the list. But I was unnice surpriced by killing me many times by bots with skill 20 by headshot (I use StatsMe, so I triggered this). OK - I can say this - I didn't see the differnece between bot (20) and bot (100). They was shooting and killing them many times by headshot. I have a log , but I translated StatsMe to polish, so I can't show this log, because this will be for You not-understanding. But I made one screenshot more for show the scoreboard. I think my test was disinterested. I think You go back to the problem of podbot2.0 (old CountFloyd bot's problem corresponding to taking parameters from botskill.cfg and using their correctly) and this is still not fixed.

EDIT
I forgot to add - this test was made of course without botaim plugin - look to another post - impossible now use both simultaneously.

/EDIT
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	score_board.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	220  

Last edited by KWo; 16-05-2004 at 16:05..

Old
  (#10)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

KWo it actually is "fixed"..
at least the botskill.cfg is fully taken in instead of only a few values..
You should change the values to your liking until you find a good value for each skill level.
Personality also affects how good they do.
because personality affects which weapons they like..
and not all the weapons are the same so if certain bots like a strong rifle better then they probably have a good chance to be very good.
also their attack movement is VERY messed up..
they love hopping up and down while shooting with a very inaccurate gun.. which can sometimes lead to a lot of headshots even tho they were aiming at their enemy's body.
I'm not sure what to do with the attack movement until i get more ideas about how stupid / godlike bots are supposed to move..
also i'm a little preoccupied with the NUM_FOR_EDICT bug I can't seem to fix