.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: my next waypointing project
Old
  (#11)
SA_RTCW

Default Re: my next waypointing project - 02-02-2006

That's good to hear. With the difficulties in trying to decompile the map to make changes, I don't think it would be worth the effort. Removing the music is still possible, I just have to delete the sound file from the .pk3 package. It won't play what it can't find.

I also ran through the map again and I think I was a bit premature in my assessment of the doors. It is not that they always open towards the players, but rather they open outwards from all the buildings. However, I think the Allies compound gates open inwards, probably because it they opened outwards, it would block the path/alleyway. Thankfully, there are two ramps that allow a player/bot to by-pass those doors.

I'm not sure how far along you are with the waypointing, but here's some suggestions/features of the map that you may want to include:
  • the large, overhead crane is climbable on any of the support columns and would provide an excellent, if somewhat exposed and unprotected sniping position
  • both checkpoint flags which are hidden behind barriers which must be destroyed (transformer on the Axis side and entrance to someother area on Allies side) can be covered/defended pretty well from a position on top of the fuel bunkers/tanks, which means this could be a good camping spot and location to control the map
  • there are some quantities of ammo laying around the map, but I'm not sure if bots can benefits from these
  • all the railways are "electrified", you may want to try having the bots jump across the tracks whenever possible, instead of walking over them
  • it would be great if the bots could take advantage of the trains and trucks to use as cover/transportation, but I don't know if that's supported
  • a possible workaround for the outward opening doors is to have the bot approach the door and open it, then have it move back like 5 meters before moving forwards and through the door
That's all I can think of right now, I'll post any new ideas I have later on.

Old
  (#12)
renartthefox
thefox

Default Re: my next waypointing project - 10-02-2006

With mp_refinery completed, I am moving on to e new map. I am checking on one map with Denny, to see if he is going to work it or not. In the mean time, I am going to work on

edited here ... the current choice is now mp_rennes!

banzaiiiiiiiiiii!

-=(thef0x)=-

Last edited by renartthefox; 10-02-2006 at 16:22..

Old
  (#13)
renartthefox
thefox

Default Re: my next waypointing project - 11-02-2006

I have been given the holy okee-dokee from Denny, so I will also be working on Korfe also. It should prove to be a very nice map to play indeed. But shall take me forever.

-=(thef0x)=-

Old
  (#14)
renartthefox
thefox

Default Re: my next waypointing project - 22-02-2006

With Korfe now completed, I am looking to add to the depths of my darkness. So, with that, I am hording away

powcamp and yellow_terrain

to start waypointing this week.

-=(thef0x)=-

Old
  (#15)
renartthefox
thefox

Default Re: my next waypointing project - 24-02-2006

powcamp is now completed. I am looking into yellow_terrain and mp_convoy.

-=(thef0x)=-

Old
  (#16)
renartthefox
thefox

Default Re: my next waypointing project - 25-02-2006

Seems that both mp_convoy and yellow_terrain have been put on the back burner for now, I have started working on mp_valhalla and this one shall see me through march to get done probably.

-=Sterben Sie gut=-

-=(thef0x)=-