.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Mapping > HL Engine Mapping
HL Engine Mapping Maps for the Half-Life engine Half-Life

ScoutzKnivez -- Server Map Problems
Old
  (#1)
robbob4

Default ScoutzKnivez -- Server Map Problems - 02-02-2005

Ok so far, the I only have a few minor problems with my server. One is fixing a few bugs here and there but more importantly are maps.

I'm seeking a good pack pack if anyone knows of one, mainly custom maps. But also I need help with any scoutzknivez. On my server something ahs happend to a file that is used on scoutzknivez since ive installed bots. It loads the map fine for about 10 seconds then the server freezes, not even crahes so meanloader doesnt even restart it. Can somone give/show me ALL the files scoutzknives uses... wads and everything or is there some known bug with RealBot and all versions of scoutzknivez?

Re: ScoutzKnivez -- Server Map Problems
Old
  (#2)
Zacker
Project Leader, Lead Level Designer, Waypointer

Default Re: ScoutzKnivez -- Server Map Problems - 15-02-2005

CSB mappack2 is the best custom mappack. Its the 1st one here:
http://www.banana.nu/csb_page.banana?page=282

The following two are also quite good, but the rest are not worth much.

Re: ScoutzKnivez -- Server Map Problems
Old
  (#3)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: ScoutzKnivez -- Server Map Problems - 16-02-2005

I tried scoutzknivez once before, unfortunately the map did not work with bots so I had to ditch it. I have no idea what is wrong with the map, but every time it was loaded it would crash my server after a short period of time. I did not however have a freeze situation. In my experience with running a server, I encountered several maps which did not work with bots and had to be removed. I created the mapload.log system to help me figure out which maps were causing server instablity. With the help of the log, I could see which maps caused the server to fail most often, then I'd just take them out of the map rotation. After a couple of weeks of weeding out unstable maps, my server almost never crashed. Keep in mind, the instability may NOT be the map, but may be the waypoints, so the first thing to replace are the waypoints, and if that does not fix the map, then you have to get rid of the map.

Now that you mention it, I think I may be able to detect server freezes through meanloader.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Last edited by botmeister; 16-02-2005 at 08:46..