.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

??? v1.2
Old
  (#1)
Stixsmaster

Default ??? v1.2 - 05-03-2008

Can anyone help me with disabling the instant turn ability to these things? as it is quite annoying to be like running behind 1 of these guys and outta no where they instantly turn towards me...I have both their bot_skill and bot_aimskill down to the lowest...but it doesnt seem to help with making them move more realistically...

So thank you if someone is able to tell me how to stop the instant turn feature and to be able to modify how fast they do turn or how slow they turn...

O and before I forget how would 1 come about getting these to work with shrubmod?

---Stixsmaster

Re: ??? v1.2
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: ??? v1.2 - 05-03-2008

FritzBot (RTCW) is a closed mod (like most mods). You can not combine it with another server mod. And because of the FG42 rifle you should not run it with a different client.

On the otherhand FritzBot ET is a closed server mod. It can be run with a different client (e.g. Whaleclient) but cannot be combined with another server mod. That being said we do not recommend other clients and for waypointing you really must use the original FritzBot client for either version.

As to bot skill I don't have any problems with killing bots in FritzBot ET (especially from behind). It may be because in waypointing for ET we can control the distance that bots can see unaided (botsight) but this is not a RTCW waypoint option. So my advice is remember bots are very good at scanning and hearing. And shoot for the head.

Old
  (#3)
Stixsmaster

Default Re: ??? v1.2 - 05-03-2008

thank you for that info it helped...for real....

---Stixsmaster

Old
  (#4)
Stixsmaster

Default Re: ??? v1.2 - 06-03-2008

hey, is there anyway for the instant turn feature to be cut off? I never got this answered...

---Stixsmaster

Old
  (#5)
hsAG3NT

Default Re: ??? v1.2 - 09-03-2008

The bots turning ability and other abilities cannot be modified due to the closed-source nature of the mod. You will have to either have mal add this or have him (or anyone else on the development team) release the source code(which would be greatly appriciated ).