Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > Sandbot
Sandbot A bot for Gunman Chronicles and They Hunger - by tschumann

Re: progress
Old
  (#191)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: progress - 10-06-2019

If you are talking about that Makefile just add these flags to OPTFLAGS or directly in CPPFLAGS section. If you want to really get kinky you can also add the -pedantic flag.

Old
  (#192)
tschumann

Default Re: progress - 15-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
If you are talking about that Makefile just add these flags to OPTFLAGS or directly in CPPFLAGS section. If you want to really get kinky you can also add the -pedantic flag.
I did, but I figured out why it wasn't working: the -w flag was being passed to suppress errors (this is also set in the Half-Life SDK).
I tried -pedantic but it was too pedantic (at least for now)!

Old
  (#193)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: progress - 15-06-2019

Yeah, -pedantic is only for hardcore stuff.

Old
  (#194)
Persephone

Default Re: progress - 30-08-2019

Any progress? It has been a long time since last post and still no update yet 😐

I'm very interested with Sandbot. I hope this project hasn't been abandoned 😑

Old
  (#195)
tschumann

Default Re: progress - 30-08-2019

Not dead yet - I had to reinstall Windows last weekend (no idea what happened) which was a pain, and I still need to reinstall Steam, Visual Studio (will update to 2019), and a Linux virtual machine to continue development.
I've almost got a new release of Sandpit done which I want to put out soon too.

Old
  (#196)
Persephone

Default Re: progress - 02-09-2019

I'm glad to hear that. So it means sandbot is still in development.

C'mon man, I'm pretty sure you can improve your bot better, so I can play Opposing Force with 5 bots at once (HPB_BOT, jk_botti, Akimbot, Parabot, and of course Sandbot)

Old
  (#197)
tschumann

Default Re: progress - 05-09-2019

Yes, still in development - too many projects and not enough time.

Does Sandbot not work with other bots? I thought you showed screenshots of it before.

Old
  (#198)
Persephone

Default Re: progress - 07-09-2019

I don't remember if I said your sandbot doesn't compatible with other bots.

Look at this screenshot. HPB_BOT, jk_botti, and Akimbot can join with Sandbot without any problems. At least only Parabot which caused my game couldn't be started. If only the Sandbot's bot_count problem had been solved, I can play Opposing Force with it instead of Parabot

However.....

I just found something interesting. I don't know if Opposing Force multiplayer game can only up to 11 players max or not. But for some reason, if I set the number of bots playing to 3 for each bots, any Sandbot members will be "banished".

Check this screenshot for better explanation. You can see if John is the only Sandbot who is still playing in the map. Another Sandbot who join previously has been kicked because another bot has joined afterwards. There are 11 players in the map (3 HPB_BOT, 3 jk_botti, 3 Akimbot, 1 Sandbot, and of course myself)

Well, what do you think? Do you want to continuing your Sandbot progress as soon as possible?

Old
  (#199)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Default Re: progress - 11-09-2019

Also I do wonder if it is possible for SandBot to run with another bot like ShrikeBot and self-learn by coping and analysing how ShrikeBot interacts and on capping?

Reason I asked is I'm currently helping and testing RealBot that can self-learn and doesn't clash with POD Bot or even YaPB as RealBots need to "observe" and watch how either human players or POD Bots interact and maybe avoid having to figure out how to import ShrikeBot or SturmBot waypoints into SandBot, rather than wasting too many time and effort remaking the fresh waypoints for SandBot for DOD 1.3.

I mean let's face it we cannot waste our time on having more and more waypoints manually made as well that not many players play on DOD 1.3 or even Op4CTF a lot nowadays.

Also I do know that not also that YaPB can use waypoints from POD Bot as it is compatible, but they also store experience data to try surprise and overwhelm their opponent's strategy by noting their preference on which routes or weapons they choose to prevent them flanking.

Of the problem is with bots that can only either using waypoints or .navs from CZ Bot, CSS Bot, CSGO as well as TF2 Bots, is not many players will find those bots appealing as they don't have the "common sense" such is experience or wisdom - which makes them less human like. Of course most of us know that HPB Bot is currently quite versatile as it can play over 6 HL1 Game Mods, but their performance and movement is too sluggish and lame, as well use too many Server CPU power and RAM.

Jeefo did some hard work and aggressive optimisations for YaPB to make it perform better than JoeBot, POD Bot and RACC - that YaPB can use waypoints as well as the exp data; that I've just elaborated.

So depending on the support or tests needed for SandBot it will take more of a longer progress to try achieve its goals and iron as many bugs as we can.

vBulletin Webmaster since 2001

Old
  (#200)
Persephone

Default Re: progress - 11-09-2019

I have an additional info for you. For some reason, when playing with 4 bots at the same time (including Sandbot too), it seems Sandbot's appearance has an unique effect for another bots.

Look at this screenshot. They are just regrouping for unknown reason without attacking each other at all. Furthermore, all bots who normally great in battle, now they are just roaming around carrying weapon without shooting at other players.

Due to this weird behavior, I can win the battle easier than usual. Because when Sandbot joins, another bots will become so uncompetitive than normally. For comparation, you can see this two results :

This is my battle result BEFORE Sandbot joins (you can see if our score has a little gap)

And this is my battle result AFTER Sandbot joins (they were become mindless moron, I guess)