.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > E[POD]bot
E[POD]bot Evil mutants tamed out of POD-bot by The Storm and Markus Heiden Counter-Strike

Re: EPB Current Progress..
Old
  (#31)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: EPB Current Progress.. - 03-12-2004

Heyyo,

More updates straight from the horses mouth... err, pandas.... lol, gotta love that old skool tv show south park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_STORM
+Fixed Bots sometimes don't shoot after plant the bomb on DE
maps.
+Added Better shooting with some weapons.
+Fixed When someone drop the bomb the CS 1.6 says "s% droped
the bomb" This is now fixed.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#32)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: EPB Current Progress.. - 03-12-2004

And one more new.
I now fix pickup weapons bug and the new version will be released after I fix one more bug - the bots don't buy armor and granedes. Maybe this is from the new buy code. But take it easy this will be fixed very soon.

Old
  (#33)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: EPB Current Progress.. - 04-12-2004

Glad to see you're starting to find your way around the code better and better

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#34)
The Storm

Default Re: EPB Current Progress.. - 05-12-2004

Thanks .

And now some more news :
+FIXED Buy stuff in E[POD]bot (The bots now buy granedes and armor).
+ADDED Smarter granede usage (Some parts of the code are taked from PODbotmm forum).

Now I waiting for MarD to make a beta test and make a new E-mail addres with no protection becose on his "hot mail" I can't send to him E[POD]bot .exe pack.

But for now hi will not be at home for the weekend so you guys must wait some time .

Old
  (#35)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: EPB Current Progress.. - 08-12-2004

Heyyo,

Ok, I re-added my waypoints since THE_STORM accidentally put in old skool PB 2.5 waypoints that were good, but needed some improvement, so we switched back to my waypoints. I also re-waypointed (I swear I've done this map before...) de_airstrip, so the bots should have all the default maps of CS 1.6. I also added some CS 1.5 waypoints for older versions of some maps (I think de_aztec and de_inferno only??? tell me if I'm wrong...)

We also added these 2 new fixes:

+When auto-add bots is on, and you kick one or all bots auto-add bots turns off
+Bots not dropping Shield to get new weapon bug

THE_STORM thinks it's ready for release, so I'm gonna trust him on this and upload this newer version to the BU Filebase.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#36)
LightNinja

Default Re: EPB Current Progress.. - 14-01-2005

First of all: I did not read the whole thread, yet, but the first page of it. And I visited "the new E[POD]bot website".

Surely TheStorm does very good work, but WTF! I just wanted to stay in E-Mail contact with him. He never answered any of mails, I even always got an error message, that his adress were unreachable. Here in the forums was no evidence of the new E[POD]bot project, so I thought TheStorm lost interest in coding EPB. So I waited a few months, not updating the website and not looking into this forum. Perhaps I should have done it. Late I thought about making EPB IIIa open source to download on the EPB website (the original one!).
In a way I did not know TheStorm already had the SourceCode, because the (fake?) error message claimed, the E-Mail hasn't reached him!! one day I got a mail from TheStorm, asking a question about the source code. My mail software accidently put it into spam, so I read it very late. I tried to answer and asked, where he did get the source code and telled, that his email adress was unreachable for me. This also led to an error message from mail.bg and he did not even answer to the mail

Today I got a mail which was a bug report of version 4a of EPB. First I thought, it has to be a typing mistake, but then I visited this forums and saw this things and the new website of E[POD]bot.

If TheStorm reads this, PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!
I will update the old website after talking about the new version/s of EPB and future plans! If possible we can move this to the bots-united subdomain. From the beginning I talked about my wish of being the webmaster of the project and that no things do happen behind my back.
The current situation is VERY ANNOYING!!! Sorry for my bad english, but I am emotional arroused and I'm not aNative speaker.

If TheStorm is not willing to contact me and talk over EPB with me once and for future versions, this would be a type of Betray in my eyes. I will not forbid him to continue the work, and I will not run to a lawyer to solve this issue. But in this case, I do not want the project to be named E[POD]bot anymore! Because I did invent the name and I did all the work of the first versions, so I do not want to be associated with this anymore. Surely I want to see my Nickname in the Credits and also that it is based on E[POD]bot. But I hope this will not happen and TheStorm just will work together with me!

So, now I will read the rest of this thread.

LightNinja

Old
  (#37)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

about faked nonreachable - replies : just read on telepolis.de that there are some american providers deleting mails and creating false error reports if a mail came from russia, germany, france or Great Britain ... dunno where the STORM comes from ...

Old
  (#38)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

I did not read the thread either, but wasnt EPodBot not nominated for the 'suddent silence and therefor should be put on non-active bots, just before THE_STORM came in to save it' ?

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#39)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Hey LN, I know, that spam mail filter is ghey. On hotmail it was sending your mails to me into my junkmail box, if I diddn't check my junkmail folder, 2 days later it would've deleted the EPB source code!

Needless to say, my junkmail filter is set to low now and I check my junkmail folders every week just incase...

Same prob is probably happening to THE_STORM. I know he's not in North America, and over in the middle east or somewhere around there, so I'm not sure how his mail's setup.

He's told me he's tried to contact you, but has failed many times just like me. I used to try n' mail you to try n' get some responses on how the bot updating was going. As you can see by this thread (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=1779) I wasn't getting much luck for responses from you.

I think the storm needs to add you to his 'safe list' or whatever the setting is for his e-mail account cause I had to do that for you LN, and you probably need to do it for the storm's email, it's tedious yes, but it's a must.

So hopefully this gets sorted out, he never meant to leave you out, this's just a big mess of miscommunication due to spam mail filtering....

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#40)
The Storm

Default Re: EPB Current Progress.. - 15-01-2005

Glad to see you LightNinja .
And there is some mistakes.
I'm not receve any mail from you.
Maybe this is some E-mail protection. I don't know.
I will work with you LightNinja and the name of E[POD]bot will not be changed.
Please tell me on PM what we will do because my E-mail is "broke".
And one more think in my E-mail addres I don't have bulk folder so some meseges that my mail thinks that is spams will be deleted and I can't see them.
I very sorry.
I hope you will forgive me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by @$3.1415rin
about faked nonreachable - replies : just read on telepolis.de that there are some american providers deleting mails and creating false error reports if a mail came from russia, germany, france or Great Britain ... dunno where the STORM comes from ...
I'm from Bulgaria and somethimes when I send mails to MarD I too reseve I error mesege but after I resend my mail to MarD then he reseve it. But this is happen only somethimes.

Last edited by The Storm; 15-01-2005 at 02:41..