.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

FPS with Bots
Old
  (#1)
Tiger

Default FPS with Bots - 31-10-2006

Okay, I have yet one more question. I thought I had read somewhere how I could change the number of bots drawn at a distance to maximize my fps, but now I cannot find it. Does anyone know how I can reduce the number of bots drawn on the screen or is the only solution for me to reduce the number of bots altogether? Thanks.

Re: FPS with Bots
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: FPS with Bots - 31-10-2006

Theres no code to do that in Fritz. You'll have to lower the number altogether.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#3)
Tiger

Or I could just get a better video card, right? I'll have to check into it, but just off the top of your head, do you think getting a better video card might help somewhat? Also, this shouldn't be a problem if it's a rented server since the only reason I am experiencing FPS drops is because the current server is running off of my pc, right?

Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Yes video card is very important but how much benefit you will get upgrading depends on what you have now. I suggest first looking at CPU usage to see if some other application is consuming a lot of cpu resources. If you are running server and client on the same pc as seperate applications then of course the server should be a dedicated server so that it need not do rendering. If you have a second PC and a LAN try running the server on the other PC. Try reducing resolution, color depth, sky detail, fog lighting marks brass etc. Check to see that you are running the best OpenGL driver for your video card (the one that came with windows may be too generic). Kill any unneeded applications in the tray or background (E.g. On my Old P3 Win98 works better than Win2000 because I can kill more things freeing up more memory and resources). And... make certain that your LAN and internet isn't letting some other machine consume significant resources (i.e. turn off downloading, restrict file sharing etc.)

Old
  (#5)
Tiger

Default Re: FPS with Bots - 01-11-2006

Thanks TomTom, I will work on doing those things you mentioned. After trying to do just some of the things you mentioned like running the server off of a second pc, it worked. However, when I decided to transfer the original fritzbot from my pc to the other pc so I could run it on the second pc with the original settings, it gives me the following messge:

Error: BotLoadMap: bot library used before being setup
-----------------------------------
Hitch warning: 3472 msec frame time
Sending heartbeat to wolfmaster.idsoftware.com
Sending heartbeat to master.gamespy.com:27900
Sending heartbeat to master0.gamespy.com
Sending heartbeat to clanservers.net
]addbot wendysturm_am
Error: Bot 'wendysturm_am' not defined

This would be after I tried loading a bot since no bots were already loaded. Does anybody have any idea why this would be? Thanks in advance, any help would be very much appreciated.

Tiger

Old
  (#6)
Tiger

Default Re: FPS with Bots - 01-11-2006

Haha!, I think I know the problem. I was trying to run the server on regular Wolfenstein