.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Bots Looking Down and Fill Server.
Old
  (#1)
RR99i

Default Bots Looking Down and Fill Server. - 26-07-2006

Hi everyone,

Well, I just started using POD-Bot mm. I have the program installed right. But I have noticed that on a created map, de_predator. Some of the bots, out of nowhere, will stop and look down. They will move like they should, then just stop and look down. I never had this problem with YaPB and de_predator. I'm using the same and latest waypoint for it.

Now, about the Fill Server. Let's say I want to spectate for a while. I made the max. players on the server 17. I'll Fill Server, only to find 7 Terrorist and 8 Counter-Terrorist. I was hoping to see 8 vs. 8 (16), plus me spectating (17). I'm not sure if these two things are bugs. I hope I posted in the right place.

I'm using: Full pack PODBOT MM R2B46d + POD-Bot mm Version 3 beta 13b + Metamod v1.19

Re: Bots Looking Down and Fill Server.
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bots Looking Down and Fill Server. - 26-07-2006

Post the link to the pwf de_predator You are using. Narrow for me the place (near which WP) they look down and stop. I think I know what the problem might be.
About fillserver - read podbot.cfg (that one which came with beta). Find something about pb_maxbots settings. It's also good describen in doc for pb mm R2B46d (it was called max_bots) - find the section about auto add/kick bots.

Old
  (#3)
RR99i

Default Re: Bots Looking Down and Fill Server. - 26-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
Post the link to the pwf de_predator You are using. Narrow for me the place (near which WP) they look down and stop. I think I know what the problem might be.
About fillserver - read podbot.cfg (that one which came with beta). Find something about pb_maxbots settings. It's also good describen in doc for pb mm R2B46d (it was called max_bots) - find the section about auto add/kick bots.
Hi KWo. I have two version of de_predator. The first version and then the final version. The first version comes with a waypoint, that you can use for the final version. I forget, it's been about 2 years, on where I got the two versions. I'm on slow dial-up. It's my only option to the internet.

About Fill Server - I'll check that out. I'm so use to have the program already have the settings right. It didn't take long to install POD-Bot mm. Just so use to the simple installers.

Old
  (#4)
RR99i

Default Re: Bots Looking Down and Fill Server. - 28-07-2006

I hope you were able to find the two versions of de_predator. I know the first version came with the waypoint. As for where they look down, it happens anywhere. I'm now back to use YaPB. Strelomet is helping to make it better. I was using POD-Bot mm for a day or so. It's a pretty good bot program. I say any bot program off Bots United is great! But some, I'm not able to use with Counter-Strike 1: Anthology (PODBot 2.5 and IvPBot 1.1.2).

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Below CS1.5 podbot mm is not supported. Sorry. I don't have any older versions of CS to test it on them.

Old
  (#6)
RR99i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
Below CS1.5 podbot mm is not supported. Sorry. I don't have any older versions of CS to test it on them.
Oh, you mean Counter-Strike 1: Anthology?

Old
  (#7)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Yeah. I can test things only on CS1.5, CS1.6 (then it should works also on CZERO). Nothing more I'm not able to test. I'll try de_predator with CS1.5
Can You make a picture (jpg) and place here to let me know how it looks for You?

Old
  (#8)
RR99i

Default Re: Bots Looking Down and Fill Server. - 29-07-2006

Counter-Strike 1: Anthology has both CS 1.6 and the latest for CS: Condition Zero. As for a .jpg picture. Do you want me to take one of the bots looking down? I maybe out of luck. I finally got YaPB installed correctly. But I'm glad I was able to point out a problem with POD-Bot mm.

Old
  (#9)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bots Looking Down and Fill Server. - 31-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR99i
As for a .jpg picture. Do you want me to take one of the bots looking down?
Yeah.
During this week I should post a new dll fixing all bugs last time reported (and including the new ones ).
About the pwf file for de_predator - can You use this one and tell me if they are still looking down?
Attached Files
File Type: zip de_predator.zip (27.2 KB, 330 views)

Old
  (#10)
RR99i

Default Re: Bots Looking Down and Fill Server. - 01-08-2006

Hi KWo. It seems the new waypoint has fixed the problem. But the bots have trouble climbing down the trees, in the middle of the map. They just walk off the branches/leafes and lose health. Was de_dust the other map that the problem is on too?

Have you ever used RCBot? I really need to find someone that can make waypoints for the new maps of Battle Grounds 1.0F. Sorry to say this on the POD-Bot mm board.