.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

cs_docks waypointing problem
Old
  (#1)
Serious Sam

Default cs_docks waypointing problem - 06-02-2011

cs_docks is an official map from the beta versions of cs, later removed, but if you download it it will work fine in 1.6. I have this problem with waypointing it, though. It is in this place: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6396/82582902.jpg

This is a pile of boxes in the CT spawn area. On top of them is one of the ct spawns. So I put waypoints to show the bot how to get down from there. But they are too high to jump back up, so I made it with one-way connections. I save the waypoints with the nocheck option because I get an error that there is no connection between the top waypoint and some other wp somewhere on the map. I had no problems like that with yapb 1 I was using before, but now with podbotmm, while playing I get an waypoint error about this connection, and a lot of the bots stop moving. How can I solve this?

Re: cs_docks waypointing problem
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: cs_docks waypointing problem - 06-02-2011

Even if the box level is too high to make a jump back, You can make a 2-ways direction connection there. Why? If the most top WP on the bigger box is connected only with one (next WP) and it is not a goal nor a camp WP, so it will never be used in any path generated by bot code while the bot is walking on the map, so the bot shouldn't try to jump there back. Only if You would put there (at the top) a camp or goal WP or that WP would be connected with yet another WP, there would be a risk the bot would try to jump back and get stuck there. I hope that trick is clarifing a bit the situation.

Last edited by KWo; 06-02-2011 at 16:02..

Re: cs_docks waypointing problem
Old
  (#3)
Serious Sam

Default Re: cs_docks waypointing problem - 06-02-2011

Yes, I tried this, but in a 31-bot game I noticed 1 bot standing in front of the box trying to get up I guess, so I deleted the waypoints on top of the crates and tried what happens, and looks like the bot that spawns above somehow finds one of the waypoints below and goes for it, I guess it is in his scanning area problem solved