.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Podbot3.x vs AMX Mod X
Old
  (#1)
-Cop-

Default Podbot3.x vs AMX Mod X - 21-11-2010

Hey! Do not know how true that I write it here to comment, but I have you the first time, so that excuse me. Maybe I have perhaps an interesting error information and ideas for podbots developers.

1. the main thing. now i use pb Beta V3B21. all ok, but... - when i play with bots (but its happen with all versions pb) on the server is slowly creeping up stats, CPU utilization, and ping and eventually the server Conter strike will crash. time from start DS of crash - about 3 hours (I Do not Know, to blame if it boots, but i when turn of podbots - it just does not happen, the server is not crashing and the clock). I can make and send daily reports screen CPU load with bots and no. Error: Fatal error - Dedicated Server / Cashe_TryAlloc: 2343328 is greater then free hunk Fatal Error image

2. too important detail. while resrtricted weapons are worked for real players in game (I think this is not correct). I think that information from podbot.cfg/pb wpmenu (pb_restrweapons "00000000000000000000000001") should be for bots only, and not to touch the rules of real players, they have their menu resrtricted weapons.

3. just an interesting idea. The new version of bots you want an option that would allow bots to understand the system as living players. to use the flags of the AMX users.ini (for example, I have a plugin that gives women the skin (T or CT) players, through entry of their names with the flag in users.ini, I would like to make it work for bots). otherwise - wants to place in Users.ini bots. though I don `t know, you tell this wish or developers AMX MODx.

its all worried me at the moment. overall I'm playing with your bot and have fun. your bots more interesting than some others thanks. Well, I hope to read the answers

ps im not a english-man, sorry for my english

Last edited by -Cop-; 21-11-2010 at 18:54..

Re: Podbot3.x
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot3.x - 22-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Cop- View Post
1. the main thing. now i use pb Beta V3B21. all ok, but... - when i play with bots (but its happen with all versions pb) on the server is slowly creeping up stats, CPU utilization, and ping and eventually the server Conter strike will crash. time from start DS of crash - about 3 hours (I Do not Know, to blame if it boots, but i when turn of podbots - it just does not happen, the server is not crashing and the clock). I can make and send daily reports screen CPU load with bots and no. Error: Fatal error - Dedicated Server / Cashe_TryAlloc: 2343328 is greater then free hunk Fatal Error image

Try this version of CSDM. It works much better with any metamod bots (especially tested with podbot mm).

Quote:
2. too important detail. while resrtricted weapons are worked for real players in game (I think this is not correct). I think that information from podbot.cfg/pb wpmenu (pb_restrweapons "00000000000000000000000001") should be for bots only, and not to touch the rules of real players, they have their menu resrtricted weapons.
It does restrict bots only. To follow weapon restrictions for humans - those from restmenu - You need to use this plugin. Podbot mm doesn't affect weapon usage by humans. If You have seen any coincidence between podbot mm weapon restrictions and weapon usage by humans - that means some other plugin affects humans and their weapon usage (i.e. sniperlimit or something).

Quote:
3. just an interesting idea. The new version of bots you want an option that would allow bots to understand the system as living players. to use the flags of the AMX users.ini (for example, I have a plugin that gives women the skin (T or CT) players, through entry of their names with the flag in users.ini, I would like to make it work for bots). otherwise - wants to place in Users.ini bots. though I don `t know, you tell this wish or developers AMX MODx.
I think I didn't get the idea. You may need to re-phrase it, to let me understand better what You want.

Old
  (#3)
-Cop-

Default Re: Podbot3.x - 23-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Try this version of CSDM. It works much better with any metamod bots (especially tested with podbot mm).
thanks, i will try it.... exuse me, but CSDM is Dead Match mod? i have not DM and not GG.... i have a classic CSDServer....

Quote:
It does restrict bots only. To follow weapon restrictions for humans - those from restmenu - You need to use this plugin. Podbot mm doesn't affect weapon usage by humans. If You have seen any coincidence between podbot mm weapon restrictions and weapon usage by humans - that means some other plugin affects humans and their weapon usage (i.e. sniperlimit or something).
strange. once, i was banned p_bot's tactical shield in the file podbot.cfg, then they banned me, the live player. Well maybe it's just my mistake, I still check it, if that - I apologize for the confusion

Quote:
I think I didn't get the idea. You may need to re-phrase it, to let me understand better what You want.
Well, everything is very simple. For example, I would like give the flag to all p_bots, whose names are registered in my users.ini file (AMXcfg). Onesome plug-in, (for example, lady_admin.amxx plugin) gives а models "women" for players on this flag in users.ini. I want to p_bots, with a fe-name, running in game with мodels "women". playing on the server with womens is very fun! But. Now - p_Bot - is no real player, and i can't give models "women" for bot with fe-name automatically, becouse pbots and amx/сonfig/users.ini not bundle... may be plug-and exist in this case...

Last edited by -Cop-; 23-11-2010 at 00:37..

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
thanks, i will try it.... exuse me, but CSDM is Dead Match mod? i have not DM and not GG.... i have a classic CSDServer....
Sorry - my bad - I have seen DM instead DS. Forget it.
Additional question to this problem - are You using CS steam or no-steam version?

Quote:
Well, everything is very simple. For example, I would like give the flag to all p_bots, whose names are registered in my users.ini file (AMXcfg). Onesome plug-in, (for example, lady_admin.amxx plugin) gives а models "women" for players on this flag in users.ini. I want to p_bots, with a fe-name, running in game with мodels "women". playing on the server with womens is very fun! But. Now - p_Bot - is no real player, and i can't give models "women" for bot with fe-name automatically, becouse pbots and amx/сonfig/users.ini not bundle... may be plug-and exist in this case...
Now I got Your idea, but there is no ready solution. I believe You are trying to give to players special flag in users.ini according to names specified there. But do You mean - that plugin - changing the model for players - doesn't work on bot? If this is an amxx plugin, You can give me the link, I'll take a look at its code. Maybe there is something which prevents to use it correctly with bots.

Old
  (#5)
-Cop-

its very simple plugin, this code

Code:
#include <amxmodx>
#include <amxmisc>
#include <cstrike>

public plugin_init() {
        register_plugin("Lady Admin", "2.0", "by @)(otnik inc.")
        register_event("ResetHUD", "resetModel", "b")
        return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

public plugin_precache() {
	precache_model("models/player/Someonefemodel_te/someonefemodel_te.mdl")
	precache_model("models/player/Someonefempdel_ct/someonefemodel_ct.mdl")

return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

public resetModel(id, level, cid) {
        if (get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_LEVEL_H) {
                new CsTeams:userTeam = cs_get_user_team(id)
                if (userTeam == CS_TEAM_T) {
                        cs_set_user_model(id, "someonefemodel_te")
                }
                else if(userTeam == CS_TEAM_CT) {
                        cs_set_user_model(id, "someonefemodel_ct")
                }
                else {
                        cs_reset_user_model(id)
                }
        }

return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
but this code worked with user.ini for real players with "t" flag (ADMIN_LEVEL_H). also, for different models i can use other flag and other path's and filenames

Code:
// users.ini

"Someone Player 1" "" "tz" "k" 
"Someone Player 2" "" "tz" "k"

// ets
in User.ini im recorded all bots fe-name (Kim_Basinger, Jennifer_Anniston, Bridget_Fonda, and ets), starting the game, and understand after, that user.ini not work for bots

i nave non steam but... what different?

Last edited by -Cop-; 23-11-2010 at 16:22..

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
i nave non steam but... what different?
Non-steam = no support.
They are banning members on other forums if they are asking for support for non-steam...

Old
  (#7)
-Cop-

banning? stop! you do not ask me if I have stim! i have steam! and non-steam i have to (on local pc, for my reasons). error on none-steam serv. what now, you will no longer talk to me because I asked about "Cashe_TryAlloc: 2343328 is greater..." at non-Steam serv? excellent. thanks for the "help", and thanks me for ideas for bots-united... In any case I am sure that this idea about fe-models interesting not only for me, and will be of interest to many who use bots on CSDserver, because my steam/non-steam is not reason for this...

Last edited by -Cop-; 23-11-2010 at 19:43..

Old
  (#8)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot3.x - 24-11-2010

Quote:
banning? stop! you do not ask me if I have stim! i have steam! and non-steam i have to (on local pc, for my reasons). error on none-steam serv. what now, you will no longer talk to me because I asked about "Cashe_TryAlloc: 2343328 is greater..." at non-Steam serv? excellent. thanks for the "help", and thanks me for ideas for bots-united... In any case I am sure that this idea about fe-models interesting not only for me, and will be of interest to many who use bots on CSDserver, because my steam/non-steam is not reason for this...
I didn't say I'm going to ban You. I told You - at other boards - i.e. at AlliedModders - they are banning the people if they are using non-steam and they are asking for the support for it.
I was googling for Your crash "Cashe_TryAlloc" and from the info I've got it happens usually on non-steam servers. That's why I've asked what CS version (steam/non-steam) You are using. But I don't support non-steam. To fix this problem - even if it happens with podbot mm only - You need to ask somewhere else.
Hint - try to use for tests other bots - i.e. yapb or epodbot - if that crash will happen, too - that will make You sure it has nothing related to podbot mm.

Old
  (#9)
-Cop-

Default Re: Podbot3.x - 24-11-2010

damn smuggled. )) Then.... fine! I'm sorry, forget about hysterics ... and thanks for the tolerance )) with the error.. - i will still search. as an option by the way - restart the map. Now I restart maps every 30 minutes, up-time 8 hours with pbmm bots - flight normal. and what we think about female models, any ideas?

Last edited by -Cop-; 24-11-2010 at 15:19..

Old
  (#10)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot3.x - 25-11-2010

female model is AMX X problem, not podbot mm problem. If AMX X doesn' set any flags for bots, that I cannot do anything with that.
Show me Your users.ini contents, but change all Your passwords You have there - so nobody can see them here - and STEAM_IDs if You are using them.