.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Venice Update?
Old
  (#1)
Nova2001

Default Venice Update? - 08-03-2007

There's apparently a new version of Venice out there, as well as updates for Caen 2 and Xposed. I haven't had the time to look at them, yet, because my world is full of hurt and work, but I was curious if there was any thought of waypointing these new versions.

I'm not really sure how much carries over, and how much would have to be done from scratch.

I love these maps, and have no complaints whatsoever about the current waypoints, so it's not that, either. This is just a curioshootbossiscominggoodbye

Re: Venice Update?
Old
  (#2)
420Blunt

Default Re: Venice Update? - 08-03-2007

I've started converting venice to the tc version. I'll see about getting it finished this weekend.

Old
  (#3)
nedd3h

Default Re: Venice Update? - 09-03-2007

The recent caen, xposed and venice releases ARE NOT OFFICIAL. Please do not support these releases.
For details see the splashdamage forums...
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=9

The original creators of these maps HAVE NOT given permission.

In brief, these maps are being released with mapscript changes and some bug fixes. These should be released in a seperate pack NOT as a new map release. The person doing this has been told what to do and what he shouldn't do but he continues to either just not understand or simply continuing to be 'rude'.

Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Venice Update? - 09-03-2007

While I agree that no person should re-issue another mapper's work as a new map variant without their permission, simply issuing the packed variant script file creates issues for us in Fritzbot maintenance. It is not our intent to support multiple script files for the same map in Fritzbot. Mal did not add special features, and while a console command exists to run a differently named script file for debugging I have not heard of anyone using it for game administration.

We modify a script file in Fritzbot after much testing and consideration as to the bots' limitations. My WIP in lighthouse for example, to add one more point of entry reflects my consideration of how bots fare poorly in steep vertical fights. By adding a ground level option Balance is improved. These script changes are consequently only released for use in Fritzbot.
If we have to support multiple script files the testing for balance increases, the scripts have to be packed separately and people have to be told to NOT install them automatically. Hopefully rockstar will see the light and acquire the rights before we react in our community to what might be an ET no go.

----
BTW. if you are interested the aforementioned command is g_scriptname <scriptfilename> and it might be possible to set it in a map cycle config file. However Fritzbot will still use the original nav and aiscript so the problem for maintenance remains.

Last edited by TomTom; 09-03-2007 at 11:44..