Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life and HL1 Mods
Half-Life and HL1 Mods Discuss about your favourites HL1 Mods here Half-Life

SturmBot v1.7 "Stosstruppe" and "Scharfschütze" Bot Class Fix
Old
  (#1)
RichNagel

Idea SturmBot v1.7 "Stosstruppe" and "Scharfschütze" Bot Class Fix - 23-10-2012

Hi Folks, First post here in the forums

I've created a fix for SturmBot v1.7 (Windows version) that fixes two annoying bugs. Directly from the included readme:

Quote:
SturmBot v1.7 "Stosstruppe" and "Scharfschütze" Bot Class Fix
-------------------------------------------------------------
The Sturmbot v1.7 AI bot addon for Day of Defeat suffers from a problem that causes any bots that are of the Stosstruppe Axis team class (bots with a K43 rifle) to hardly ever attack.

I have previously hosted quite a few games were all of my buddies that were on the Axis team noticed this problem, saying "I've got a SturmBot here who has 0 kills and 20 deaths!"... but I simply chalked that up to "luck" (or lack thereof), and was glad that SturmBot wasn't on MY team LOL!

Recently I've performed a few tests on my own that confirm this problem with the "Stosstruppe" axis team class SturmBots. Any bots that are of this class (or have a K43 rifle for their weapon) will only occasionally use grenades, or occasionally attack with a few rifle head-butts or their pistols. But other than that, they will NEVER fire their K43 rifles.

Lastly, there is also a problem with ALL versions of SturmBot that prevents any Scharfschütze Axis team class bots (bots with a K98 sniper rifle) from spawning on any Axis Paratrooper maps.

The "cls_k98s" entry in the "Sturm_Bot.dll" file was inadvertently named "cls_sniper", and is directly responsible for this problem.

The hex-edited "Sturm_Bot.dll" file included in this archive fixes these two problems.

Anyhow, if you're so inclined:

Readme -> http://jasonwilliams400com.startlogi..._Class_Fix.txt

ZIP -> http://jasonwilliams400com.startlogi..._Class_Fix.zip

(Edit) P.S. Two of my message threads over in the Steam forums discussing the problems:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2956188

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2977615

SturmBot Version 1.9 Unofficial Update
Old
  (#2)
RichNagel

Smile SturmBot Version 1.9 Unofficial Update - 05-09-2014

Folks,

Here's a new version (1.9) -> http://sturmbot.org/index.php/downlo...-sturmbot-v1-9

From my readme:

Quote:
The SturmBot v1.7 AI bot addon for Day of Defeat suffers from a problem that causes any bots that are of the Stosstruppe Axis team class (bots with a K43 rifle) to hardly ever attack.

I have previously hosted quite a few games were all of my buddies that were on the Axis team noticed this problem, saying "I've got a SturmBot here who has 0 kills and 20 deaths!"... but I simply chalked that up to "luck" (or lack thereof), and was glad that SturmBot wasn't on MY team LOL!

Recently I've performed a few tests on my own that confirm this problem with the "Stosstruppe" axis team class SturmBots. Any bots that are of this class (or have a K43 rifle for their weapon) will only occasionally use grenades, or occasionally attack with a few rifle head-butts or their pistols. But other than that, they will NEVER fire their K43 rifles.

Also, there is a problem with ALL versions of SturmBot that prevents any Scharfschütze Axis team class bots (bots with a K98 sniper rifle) from spawning on any Axis Paratrooper maps. The "cls_k98s" entry in the "Sturm_Bot.dll" file was inadvertently named "cls_sniper", and is directly responsible for this problem.

Lastly, there are several debug messages that were included in the debug build of SturmBot that were inadvertently left enabled in the final release build of SturmBot v1.7. These debug messages are displayed as text-chat messages by the SturmBots that have picked up a bazooka on maps that include SturmBot "bazooka target" waypoints.

The specific debug messages are:

I have better things to do!, Like !!
Opening fire!
Shouldering bazooka!!!
Too close
Correct wpn selected!
Correct weapon NOT selected!!
selecting wpn.

The hex-edited "Sturm_Bot.dll" file included in this archive fixes all of the problems mentioned above. Please note that I have changed the SturmBot version number to "1.9" to prevent any confusion with the official version 1.7 release of SturmBot.

Re: SturmBot Version 1.9 Unofficial Update
Old
  (#3)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: SturmBot Version 1.9 Unofficial Update - 05-09-2014

Nice job!

Re: SturmBot v1.7 "Stosstruppe" and "Scharfschütze" Bot Class Fix
Old
  (#4)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Default Re: SturmBot v1.7 "Stosstruppe" and "Scharfschütze" Bot Class Fix - 26-08-2018

Do you have the src code for SturmBot? We need the Linux version as well, and I can recompile it.

vBulletin Webmaster since 2001

Old
  (#5)
RichNagel

Idea Re: SturmBot v1.7 "Stosstruppe" and "Scharfschütze" Bot Class Fix - 27-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboCop View Post
Do you have the src code for SturmBot? We need the Linux version as well, and I can recompile it.
Sorry RoboCop, I don't have the source code for SturmBot. All of my released fixes were accomplished by simply hex-editing the compiled DLL.

Old
  (#6)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Default Re: SturmBot v1.7 "Stosstruppe" and "Scharfschütze" Bot Class Fix - 27-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichNagel View Post
Sorry RoboCop, I don't have the source code for SturmBot. All of my released fixes were accomplished by simply hex-editing the compiled DLL.
Damn my servers don't use Windows .dll builds, and Jowo was too young to die like that...

Old
  (#7)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: SturmBot v1.7 "Stosstruppe" and "Scharfschütze" Bot Class Fix - 27-08-2018

Perhaps someone can contact his brother?

Old
  (#8)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Well it's now or never, as DoD 1.3 needs some brutal bots as well program them to be more agile and have better reflexes.

Tags
bug, dll, fix, sturmbot, windows