.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life and HL1 Mods
Half-Life and HL1 Mods Discuss about your favourites HL1 Mods here Half-Life

[TFC] FoxBot 0.791 Final build released!
Old
  (#1)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Big Grin [TFC] FoxBot 0.791 Final build released! - 10-08-2018

Foxbot has been developed by:

Tom, Aka RedFox
Jordan, Aka FURY
Jeremy, Aka DrEvil
Paul, Aka GoaT_RopeR
Grubber
Yuraj
Victor
JASMINE
Richard, Aka Zybby

Special thanks to:
RoboCop
Safety1st
Arkshine
Globoss
pizzahut

==============================
FoxBot Version History
==============================

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 0.791
August-07-2018
Updated by RoboCop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Removed unwanted tchar.h dependancies that are no longer required - Thanks to Globoss

- Linux build should now work for Assault and Capture Point maps due to syntax error fixed - Thanks to Globoss

- Fixed Write Strings and compile time for version.cpp that fails on GCC 6+

- Fixed extdll.h that appears to fail to compile on GCC 6+ for #ifndef min and max

- Added optimisation for faster float point for Win32 build

- Linux build optimised for floating-point arithmetic and tuned for newer arch

- bot_job_think.cpp should be fairly adjusted for the bots to choose their paths and tasks wisely

- h_export.cpp Linux 'h_Library' can now detect both old and new TFC server build (tfc.so or tfc_i386.so)

- Added teleport waypoints for baconbowl_r, chimkey_l and siege

- Added more map configs for rats maps, plus turkeyburgers2002, fishburgers and donutburgers to spawn 1 sniper per 4 teams

- Enhanced the map configs for the Assault & Defend maps, rock2 and flagrun to spawn the recommended bot classes for each team

- Enhanced the hunted waypoints to prevent the Red team and the Hunted wondering back and forth in entrance tunnel

- Added some more defensive waypoints for avanti, casbah, flagrun, chimkey_l and warpath

- Added some important conc/rocket jump waypoints for the stock maps, palermo, ksour, cornfield, baconbowl_r and sandbowl_r2

- Reduced the risk of bots invading enemy spawns for the stock maps, chimkey_l, tf2fort and ksour

- Reduced excessive waypoint and pathwaypoint quantity for rats, rats2 and rats3, rats_cmd, palermo and baconbowl_r

- Removed non recommended waypoints for dustbowl that includes sentry that are not suitable for defending CP3

- Fixed the waypoint problems for 55, openfire_lowgrens, xpress2k4, destroy_l, phantom, shutdown2, sandbowl_r2 and tf2fort

- Added new waypoints for bases2k3, momentum_l, mortality_l and hellion

Known bugs:-

>> botdontmove, bot_chat, bot_bot_balance and bot_team_balance cvars may not be 100% operational

>> FoxBot appears to crash sometimes on Windows Listenservers

https://apg-clan.org/vbdownloads.php...downloadid=980

vBulletin Webmaster since 2001

Re: [TFC] FoxBot 0.791 Final build released!
Old
  (#2)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: [TFC] FoxBot 0.791 Final build released! - 12-08-2018

Well done!

Old
  (#3)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Default Re: [TFC] FoxBot 0.791 Final build released! - 12-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
Well done!
Well tbh I needed outside help for some problems based from tchar.h - no thanks to MS. I was so close to giving it up.

Old
  (#4)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: [TFC] FoxBot 0.791 Final build released! - 13-08-2018

If you have experience with character code tables and encodings you would not blame Microsoft.

Actually I really wanted to find some time and help you with that but everything is so busy around me these days...

Old
  (#5)
Whistler
Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboCop View Post
Well tbh I needed outside help for some problems based from tchar.h - no thanks to MS. I was so close to giving it up.
what were the problems ?

Old
  (#6)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

They were syntax errors for the /scripts files but it turns out that it needed to be formatted as Unix LF. They seem to work now on both Windows and Linux servers.

Not also that the Linux build had some problems with newer compilers as well don't work with Clang++.

And the bot task priority needed readjusted - which can be only done by editing the bot_think_job.cpp file then recompiling it.

Old
  (#7)
Roberto

Default Re: [TFC] FoxBot 0.791 Final build released! - 03-09-2020

I'm a bit late, but thanks for all the continued support and work put into this RoboCop.

I just downloaded this latest version because I had been using an old version for some time but I cannot play more than about 5 minutes on 2fort before crashing to desktop with no error message. It's been quite a while since I last played TFC with bots so I cannot remember if the older versions had this problem. I might have to test that again if I have no other option.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and don't have any other addons installed than FoxBot. I play on a listen server because I just like to play by myself sometimes against bots. I know it says that this is the final build and that it is acknowledged that it crashes sometimes on Windows listen servers, but... do you have any tips for me that could let me play without crashing a few minutes into the game despite that? Thanks.

Old
  (#8)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Default Re: [TFC] FoxBot 0.791 Final build released! - 04-09-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
I'm a bit late, but thanks for all the continued support and work put into this RoboCop.

I just downloaded this latest version because I had been using an old version for some time but I cannot play more than about 5 minutes on 2fort before crashing to desktop with no error message. It's been quite a while since I last played TFC with bots so I cannot remember if the older versions had this problem. I might have to test that again if I have no other option.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and don't have any other addons installed than FoxBot. I play on a listen server because I just like to play by myself sometimes against bots. I know it says that this is the final build and that it is acknowledged that it crashes sometimes on Windows listen servers, but... do you have any tips for me that could let me play without crashing a few minutes into the game despite that? Thanks.
FoxBot 0.792 is also been released, and yes it does tend to crash on Windows Listenservers - as I've already added that to the changelog in Foxbot Github.

https://github.com/APGRoboCop/foxbot

Old
  (#9)
Roberto

Default Re: [TFC] FoxBot 0.791 Final build released! - 05-09-2020

I tried 0.792 as well, same problem . Looks like foxbot on a listen server on windows is just a no-no, at least for me.

Old
  (#10)
sixcentgeorgefr

Default Re: [TFC] FoxBot 0.791 Final build released! - 02-12-2020

Roberto : use a second computer with a dedicated server ...listen server is not able to handle correctly most games execpt single player... i saw that with svencoop 4.7 .. having a second pc is also very good for backup..[ if you create or modify maps or mods ]
plus it is very easy to handle [ beware of not using the "usb hub" made to share keyboard and mouse accross two or four computers.. : that connects computers by the usb .. some computers having some power on / charging mobiles [options not in bios ] that can "behave very badly.. " and kill mobos... good thing is to have one keyb by mainboard .. sharing a display [ one hdmi + one dvi or vga ...]

RoboCop , are you the author of echoes mod ? , i think you live in the same town..as him ..
in a very cold city near the North Pole ...[lol ]
may be you can help spiciiiinng his mod...he uses a very old version of spirit of half life , with very old Nvidia Cg Toolkit. plus this mod could play Tor : the very good New Model Monster from "sovietscoop" [ i am from svencoop 3.0 and before Ages ] ...
i also need some dlls with new monsters... [spoiler self question ] that should be a "good job" , "paying well" , to produce dll for mods "on demand" for "very low game budgets" No ? [/spoiler]