.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > HPB_bot
HPB_bot The trusty good ole mechs by botman HLDMTFCOpposing ForceDMCFront Line Force

tried to run HPB with REALbot but.....
Old
  (#1)
DreamLord34

Default tried to run HPB with REALbot but..... - 24-01-2004

I thought it would at least load the usual way but all it does is close after clicking "start server". I removed HPB but it's still not working. Any ideas? It was running fine before I installed HPB.

What I want to do is run both bots using botmixer5000 but not quite sure how to do it. Yes I've read the readme, my botmixer5000.cfg looks like this;
dlls\mp_botmixer.dll
dlls\realbot_mm.dll
dlls\HPB_bot_mm.dll
realbot add 1
realbot add 2
realbot add 1
realbot add 2
addbot 1
addbot 2
addbot 1
addbot 2
Now does it stay in the botmixer folder or does it go in the cstrike folder and do I need to run the hpb_mm.dll from the plugins.ini file as well?

Last edited by DreamLord34; 24-01-2004 at 23:54..

Re: tried to run HPB with REALbot but.....
Old
  (#2)
botman
Super Moderator

Default Re: tried to run HPB with REALbot but..... - 25-01-2004

BotMixer5000 is not a metamod plugin and won't work with metamod DLL files (you're using HPB_bot_mm.dll and realbot_mm.dll which I'm assuming are metamod DLLs).

Use non-metamod DLL files (i.e. HPB_bot.dll) with BotMixer5000. Also, DON'T just rename the file from HPB_bot_mm.dll to HPB_bot.dll, that's NOT the same thing.

botman

Old
  (#3)
DreamLord34

I had to use the metamod versions to get my server running with bots. So I guess there's no way of getting the bots tegether without crashing the server then?

Old
  (#4)
DreamLord34

Ok right now both bots are loading, running & killing each other but realbot has crashed a couple of times. Not sure why. Also the bot.cfg files for both "teams" don't seem to work. I have added the corresponding commands to add bots for each team such as realbot add 1 4 times for one team & addbot 2 4 times for hpb. These files are in the cstrike folder or should they be in the hpb/realbot folders??

Old
  (#5)
botman
Super Moderator

"These files are in the cstrike folder or should they be in the hpb/realbot folders??"

The .cfg files for each bot will be in whatever folder the bot code expects them to be in. For the case of the HPB bot, all .cfg files would be in the cstrike folder. For the case of Realbot, check the documentation that comes with Realbot.

I also assume you are no longer using metamod since you said both bots are loading and running around killing each other.

botman

Old
  (#6)
DreamLord34

Botman, I'm using Realbot's wip #7 which is MM & HPB version 4 which is mm as well. Sometimes they'll play nice together, sometimes RB crashes. I have hpb's cfg in the cstrike folder & rb.s bot.cfg was already there from the install.

Old
  (#7)
botman
Super Moderator

I don't know ANYTHING about Realbot, so you'll have to ask Realbot questions in the Realbot forum.

For the HPB bot, what is the name of the .cfg file you are using to spawn HPB bots? Also, copy-and-paste the contents of the HPB .cfg file to show what you currently have in there.

botman

Old
  (#8)
DreamLord34

It's called the HPB_bot.cfg which is obviously different from RB.s bot.cfg. All that was changed in your HPB_bot.cfg was this;
# add 6 bots using the default skill level (a random skin will be chosen)
bot_strafe_percent 10
addbot 1
addbot 2
addbot 1
addbot 2

The reason for using HPB with RB is so that RB would learn from HPB or I would hope.
Like I said, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Do you know if there's another botmixer like program? Thought I saw a different one before about 4 months ago....

Old
  (#9)
botman
Super Moderator

That .cfg file looks fine to me (it's named correctly and the commands look correct).

There is no other BotMixer program that I'm aware of.

If it's working sometimes and not working other times then you seem to have a problem somewhere else (not with the .cfg file). Are you starting a server with enough player slots (what is max. players set to?).

Trying using BotMixer5000 with only one kind of bot at a time until you've got things working properly with that bot, then try running with both of them. Also try changing the .cfg files to only spawn a single bot of each, then two of each, then three of each, etc.

botman

Old
  (#10)
DreamLord34

My max players is set to 16. You said botmixer won't work with the mm dlls of the bots. Just to let you know, each time it did crash, it was realbot each time but not hpb.