.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Rockeyes_b1 waypoints
Old
  (#1)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Rockeyes_b1 waypoints - 03-05-2008

zedd has just this past week posted his first ET map Rock Eyes. It is an amazingly good first ET map that took about him 8 months to do. Large in size it will likely see some changes in b2 as people provide feedback.

I have just posted an almost full waypoint (the radar bunker door controls will see more actions added in time). This test waypoint should still work without the keyword fix beta patch. Later waypoints will require the patch.

For experimenting I have added a few things not in the original (2 more mgnests, sound-visual eye candy on waterfalls and AAgun, sound files), so all comments are appreciated and will be forwarded to zedd as appropriate.

Balance favors Allies so far.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Re: Rockeyes_b1 waypoints
Old
  (#2)
TomTom

Default Re: Rockeyes_b1 waypoints - 05-05-2008

I noted a couple of bugs in the test so I am working on a better WIP but got side tracked on preventing fast wins via the ramp. Finally it looks like I will have to hack the ramp to make it appear like it is a non-staged construct. zedd has indicated he is thinking about taking out the mid-stages in the next version. The biggest thing remaining is getting the allies to reconstruct the emergency close controls on the main gate. That will break the 16 action test limit unless I add the 17th TOI. So I'll try to get the 0.02 version out mid week for keyword fix beta patched fritzbot, before trying to use a 17th TOI in say 0.03.

Old
  (#3)
nedd3h

i agree, an excellent first map!

things i noted after a quick look-see:
• one bug i came accross was with the truck, i got crushed by it while travelling on the back of it
• i do think the truck route and ramp needs to be of more importance if kept in later versions as it's not really needed that much to finish the main objectives

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom
so all comments are appreciated and will be forwarded to zedd as appropriate.
if i post all my comments here regarding this map will you forward them?
are you corresponding with zedd?

Old
  (#4)
TomTom

Yes but so far just via the forum on www.hirntot.org where the map has been testing.

I will have a short list of requests for waypointing and can collect others.

For waypointing I would prefer/suggest
(1) a simple constructible ramp not the current multistage one.
(2) a place say an earth pile to one side, that an engr could put a mine on in the tunnel between the ramp and south radar.
(3) Better windows to camp in at the rearmost path behind the allied final spawn. Especially overlooking the south radar. Bot camps can't be near doorways because humans can't shove bots.
(4) A scriptname on the health and ammo TOI so I could reuse it for script-to-aiscript events instead.
(5) Ramp damage trigger volume should be smaller (higher off ground)
(6) maybe something to slow down the axis near the emergency controls (a barb wire trigger_hurt, or debris whatever)

Waypoint update: Allied emergency close controls build-actions worked with no problems so I am running balance testing now so I can track down any no goals messages.

Old
  (#5)
TomTom

Default Re: Rockeyes_b1 waypoints - 06-05-2008

Got rid of the no goals messages and though the balance is not there yet (Allies:Axis 3:1) I have posted a full working WIP 0.02. Nothing much more planned (maybe a few more routes and an earlier camp defending the sidewall). Would like better Axis focus on the CP...

As predicted 0.02 breaks the action test limit so the keyword fix beta is required.

All comments and suggestions welcome.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#6)
TomTom

Default Re: Rockeyes_b1 waypoints - 01-07-2008

Zedd has released the next version (b2) of his map, but alas it has a slight origin shift. That means the b1 waypoints can't be easily ported as is. And I don't feel like reproducing a couple days of work that is 95% the same as b1. On the otherhand it may get me programming some transformational utility after I figure out the nav file structure (by brute force if necessary). So we will see in a couple of months if I have time to do this, so till then the rockeyes_b2 map is open to anyone else to waypoint if they want to.
- - -
Oops make that about 60% of the map is shifted, still possible to program a util...

Last edited by TomTom; 01-07-2008 at 04:40..

Old
  (#7)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Rockeyes_b1 waypoints - 01-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
On the otherhand it may get me programming some transformational utility after I figure out the nav file structure (by brute force if necessary).
- - -
Oops make that about 60% of the map is shifted, still possible to program a util...
I can send you the snippets from the waypoint tool source that read the nav's. Hobbit added some code recently that gets the waypoints position. I guess I could send you the entire source. It's written in C#. Send me a pm w/ email if you want it.

Old
  (#8)
nedd3h

Default Re: Rockeyes_b1 waypoints - 03-07-2008

good map this one... looking forward to seeing how it evolves

Old
  (#9)
TomTom

Default Re: Rockeyes_b1 waypoints - 05-07-2008

The position data calculates as float little endian. Here is the node sub struct I have figured (followed by the variable-sized connection array, and eventually the actions and routes arrays-of-struct I guess.)
Code:
typedef struct  
 {     //stored as little endian
      //short Num;  //implied by index
      float x, y, z;   //z value is 40 below /viewpos when standing, 
                          //              8 above  /viewpos when prone,  
                          //  unaffected by node radius value
      short Flags;
      short EntNum;
      short number_of_Connects;
      short Radius;
      short Team;
      short Group;
 } s_fNode;
Still trying to figure if the 9th byte in the header is string terminating nul or a version digit...

Old
  (#10)
TomTom

Default Re: Rockeyes_b1 waypoints - 04-06-2009

just FYI the node adjustments were more variable so i did them by hand, and created a test waypoint port for rockeyes_b2, but have not had time to fully test the drawbridge for all possible combinations. If the b2 waypoints are requested I could post them someplace (my timeframe for testing and tweaking might run into months as I am not putting much time in FritzBot these days)