.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Practice maps
Old
  (#1)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Practice maps - 31-10-2007

Practice maps:

I am starting a new project of a few practice (sniper) maps with 2 goals in mind. First to provide some example maps that are easy to modify the waypoints for beginning waypointers. Second to answer some past requests for this type of match.

While many of these types of maps are either not suitable for bots or graphically poor there are a few that bots can play in and are good examples of decent mapping. It is from those maps that I will make my selection.

In order to provide an incentive to amateur waypointers the waypoints will be done in stages purposely in a not entirely complete fashion (but playable in most stages). I may also write up waypointing exercises to do in some areas of the map.

These maps will not be included in any future official map pack so that you may keep your own personalized version on your machine to practice on without having to deal with conflicts with online play. And obviously they will not go through the formal beta-release testing, if you find a unintentional bug consider it an exercise for extra marks.

So far there are 3 maps chosen; et_headshot, uje_hospital_sniper(beta1) and ae_sniper_night.

and with UJE_clan recently putting out more sniper maps I will be evaluating some more shortly.

Progress so far;
et_headshot:
- was already posted with a random lever setting script, provides examples of simple roams at H&A positions.

uje_hospital_sniper
- 0.01 has most of the navigation nodes placed but with only very minimal actions placed.
specifically only 1 sniper camp and 1 general camp are included per team and about 6 H&A roams.
This stage is playable but is really provided as a waypoint exercise for you to add more camps of different types in places that you would chose and to correctly set the various parameters for those camps. There is a definition in the aiscript for setting the action's group numbers by geographic location for a future exercise.
- 0.02 not posted yet but will include a scripting example of adding a weather effect to a map.

ae_sniper_night
- not posted yet but fully node-ed (no lever support yet) . I may back off some of the work to write up some specific waypointing exercises.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Re: Practice maps
Old
  (#2)
TomTom

Default Re: Practice maps - 07-12-2007

uje_hospital_sniper 0.02 posted.
This version includes demonstration scripting to create a slightly random weather effect. It also shows how to use random functionality in the script file to randomly trigger aiscript control of actions (just add de/activateaction commands as desired).

Included inside is a text file describing 5 suggested exercises for would be waypointers

(I will cleanup the script file in a later posting...)

Re: Practice maps
Old
  (#3)
TomTom

Default Re: Practice maps - 14-12-2007

ae_sniper_night 0.01 now posted with lever support.

It provides examples of how to add fixed mg42s and teleports by scripting. It also provides an example for how objectiveless sniper maps can be made to have dynamic changes to vary the play. Here the bots are shifted from snipe only defensive positions to attack and snipe positions based upon the state of the power on the "telephone" wire and some randomness.

There are enough camps and roams to make this a playable map but there are more positions for you as a would be waypointer to fill and learn. Also try changing the bot_SightDist in the aiscript to vary the difficulty.

And included inside is a text file describing a few suggested exercises for would be waypointers.