meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

Re: bot pausing
Old
  (#21)
person135

Default Re: bot pausing - 08-10-2006

KWo, what's your AIM screen name? Also, @austin, how do you have 2 bots running at the same time?

KWo, will you accept the pause waypoint?

Old
  (#22)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

I used to spectate noobies when I was bored and I wanted the teams to be balanced, I spectated someone, and they walked around alot; also camped a hole lot.
When he got agitated (unhappy), he would rush and run around fairly quickly but didn't shoot as fast as an experienced person. I think the noobie skill that's already set on the bots are pretty much the same as what I spectated.

I don't think that there should be pauses in an area, but I do think that there should be longer pauses on a camp waypoint. I remember I would camp in a spot for up to 2 minutes sometimes 40 seconds, I think a bot with a noobie skill should do the same

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#23)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient
I do think bots can stop flashing in the begining of rounds like a dumbass who wants all the glory every round.
Fixed in V3Build 15g (today or tomorrow wil be uploded to the filebase). Next time, please, write it in Bug Report section instead flooding another topic, not related at all to Your plroblem.

Quote:
I have my bots on I think advanced or professional (70 - 90), yes my score blows up into the hundreds within 10 rounds , But I do think in all that the bots can be harder.
The old 2.6 was hard to me with skill 70 - 90, now they are easy. I don't think it's because of my skill or experience but the bots skill.
The old pb R2B46d had almost no differences between skill (10) and skill (100). The V3 has the more apparently difference between skills, so if the bot skill (90) is too easy for You try to play against bots (100). I'm playing with them (skill (100)) and they headshot me all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin
For example, noobie bots just rush all the time.
Better bots rush to some strategic point in the map and either wait for an enemy or walk as to not alert the enemy they are around.
Quote:
Noobies should take longer to get places, and advanced to godlike should be rushing.
About that rushing - they are completely oposite wishes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by person135
KWo, will you accept the pause waypoint?
Quote:
For example, a bot decides to pause and some bots get stuck together.
Because the unstuck code isn't yet perfect, I cannot do this yet. First the unstuck must be perfectly working. About 2 months ago I re-wrote unstuck part and it still doesn't work as I would wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by person135
KWo, what's your AIM screen name?
It's secret. I'm not providing the online support. And also I'm almost all the time offline (otherwise I could do nothing ).

[EDIT]
Just uploaded in beta section V3 Build 15g with that flashbang fix. @Ancient, please, test the crap...
[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 08-10-2006 at 22:21..

Old
  (#24)
person135

Default Re: bot pausing - 09-10-2006

but KWo, the bots at level 100 are too easy! I've even tweaked the stats at level 100 to extreme numbers, like minturnspeed 60 maxturnspeed 400. I think I play with them at 60-100. Could you just make the bots harder (bots at all levels)? That way, people can normally play with level 40 bots because they are harder.

Old
  (#25)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

No early flashbangs in 15g.

If the unstuck gets better I would recomend this pause idea.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#26)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by person135 View Post
but KWo, the bots at level 100 are too easy!
Answered in this topic. Please, don't flood threads with problems not related to the main subject of the topic.

Old
  (#27)
Austin

Default Re: bot pausing - 15-10-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by person135 View Post
@austin, how do you have 2 bots running at the same time?
I am running a Condition zero dedicated server.
I run the built in cz bots and POD bots.

I set these to force bots to one team or the other.
bot_join_team t/ct
pb_bot_join_team t/ct <= (Thanks KWo!)

Then I set these to automatically have a decent number of bots per humans.
bot_quota_match 1
pb_bot_quota_match 2 <= (Thanks KWo!)

This gives me 2 POD and 3 cz bots per human because cz thinks pod is a human and adds a bot for each POD AND human.

If I have good team players on I set
bot_quota_match 1
pb_bot_quota_match 3

This gives me 3 POD and 4 cz bots per human!

I hacked all of my maps to have 28 spawnpoints per team.
Great fun with 4-5 good team players and 28 bots!

The mix is really good. Each bot has it's strength and weaknesses.
cz bot like to camp a lot at ct while pod seems to keep moving.
cz bots are very good at getting to the bomb and defusing, pod seem to take a little longer.
(ca bots talk to each other to let the other bots know where the bomb is. Maybe this is the main difference?)

The mix is really fun and more challenging and less predictable. ALL of my long time members like this setup way better then CZ bots.

It only works because of the two new cvars KWo gave us.

I have even seen weird things like two different type bots following each other all around the map! I think cz and pod like each other!

The other amazing thing is even with this many bots they really dont have a big problem with getting stuck on each other. They move out and almost never get stuck for the round. They actually get stuck far less with the mix then with pod only.

Old
  (#28)
person135

Default Re: bot pausing - 16-10-2006

Yeah I've tried doing it on my cs1.6 LAN server, but it didn't work. I enabled both bots and didn't work. Maybe I should do it on a dedicated server.

How did you do it? Like what exactly did you do?

Old
  (#29)
Austin

You can't run the cz bots on cs1.6.
I guess there is some rip off called zbot that is supposed to do it?

1) This is stealing. The people who developed the game really deserve the small amount of money they are asking for cz. I think I got mine for something like $15 or $20 dollars.

2) It would be too much trouble to set up and keep running I would think. No official support.

Just buy a copy of cz and run a cz server. It is setup almost exactly like a cs ds and will run all the cs maps and it will run most if not all metamod projects and amx projects, and it looks better and it has the cz bots which are a little better then the pod bots in some ways, in some ways not as good as pod bots, so the mix of cz and pod bots work out really well!

I ran a cs DS for several years. I think I started with version 1.3 and stopped when they took WON down a few years ago. I switched over to cz then and have been very happy with it. It is much better then cs1.6. The scripting is better. the Graphics are a little better.

I can give you a link to download my entire cz ds (just the config files, maps and my metamod project.)
All you would have to do is install the cz ds server, unzip my files, name the server and start it up. You would have all of my maps hacked for 28 bots per side (still 32 players total at one time.) no headshots to humans, free guns at the spawns and a few other really nice things.

Since valves give the ds for free all you need is the cz client.
All this for the price of one pizza!

Old
  (#30)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Well - some time ago Whistler posted some leggal method to enable CZERO bots under CS1.6. Read here.
The only thing which is missing in his post is - You still need to have some CZ files, which we cannot post here (but You can extract them by GcfSpace from czero gcf file You probably have on Your PC - that stuff is leggal). If You will be interrested I may give You the list of files You need to have to run these bots on CS1.6.
I'm getting mad at You guys - if You have the problem with running CZ Bots - post a separate topic in Common Questions instead flodding the topic not related to this problem...