.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > RealBot > The RealBot 'Source'
The RealBot 'Source' Discuss things about the source code. You can here point out bugs, share ideas and code. Assign to become an 'official team member' and so on!

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....
Old
  (#31)
[BBB]sluggo

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 24-06-2004

I tried (dstrukt2k compilation) build 3049. I beleve it is from the latest source.
Please move this msg if there is a better place to put it.

There is something wrong! I get this message after about 2 rounds (attached file)
I'm running a listen server, on winxp P4 1800. No other plugins than realbot.

I know it isn't much to work with, and its in Swedish aswell (I think you can understand that the game crashes, and there is some memory that couln't be read.)
And yes I know it's a WIP and it's bound to be some 'errors' in the code and debug msg's. (lots of "func_breakable")
Just thought i should mension it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	memory could not be read.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	355  

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....
Old
  (#32)
dstruct2k

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 24-06-2004

That bug happens with MetaMod on listenservers randomly, I've gotten it a lot too without RB installed.

Last edited by dstruct2k; 24-06-2004 at 20:09..

Old
  (#33)
[BBB]sluggo

Hmm, ok.
But I have not had the problem before, and I went back to the latest 'filebase' release and the problem went away.

Old
  (#34)
dstruct2k

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 25-06-2004

I'm betting that it's a problem within Meta that RB just triggers really easily. AMX triggers it too, but only rarely.

Old
  (#35)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 25-06-2004

yes, i noticed it yesterday. I will investigate , and hunt this bug down asap.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#36)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

there is a new file at the filebase, i wonder if this still has the error.

Evy already pointed out some minor bug/mistake i made. It *could* be the problem, however, i haven't had experienced any problems for a while on MY computer. Though at a friend it crashed. Unluckily i could not figure out why , he clicked OK on the error message and i could not reproduce the bug (we stopped playing).

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#37)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 02-07-2004

another bug is fixed, crashed on devision by 0... anyone experienced a crash bug already?

Old
  (#38)
Josh_Borke

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 03-07-2004

just curious if there are any bugs that are still wild?
if so, can you post as much info as you know about them? TIA

Old
  (#39)
Naric

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 11-07-2004

In some maps (cs_1337_assault) I have noticed that the WIP bots like standing around and shooting at certain areas (t's stand and shoot at the big computer lookin things, while all of the ct's [and t's if they get there] will always hang around in the hostage rescue zone, no matter how well I've walked the map). I dunno if there is an ez fix to this, but just a little heads up.

I wan lookin around the forums and noticed that podbot had some of the same problems. Heres the thread
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=2257

Last edited by Naric; 11-07-2004 at 19:40.. Reason: new info

Old
  (#40)
crazywelder1

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 11-07-2004

2 Suggestions:

1. Maybe u could add to the source or code a height check for jumpin because i have waypointed cs_assault and when u fall off they try to go up from the the bottom mainly by the entrance (with gate).

2. Also the second thing is could u add to the personallty and source a percentage of them goin different routes like 50% of the time they will change there way of goin or 100% they will always go diffrent ways.

I am not a programmer so i dont know if u can and its just a suggestion.

PS. Can tell wat u think ty guys for time.