.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

V3019l binaries bugs
Old
  (#1)
dor123
Unofficial podbot mm tester

Warning V3019l binaries bugs - 18-07-2008

Ok, just want to say, i'm not sure all of them are bugs, but i'm sure most of them ain't right.

1. Sometimes, only on a listen server, the bots repeat what they say twice.
I'm not sure it happens at all maps, but I do know it HAPPENS.
Example:
Laserdance:HEHE
Or:
Funky Byte: Is winning all you ever think about?
Boter(Made that name up):It's best to not think about the win....
Boter: It's best to not think about the win...
And so on. (This bug isn't really important to me since I usualy play with pb_chat and pb_radio cvars set to 0.)

2. This happened to me with V3019k bianries, but i'm pretty sure it would happen in V3019l as well.
it's not really a bug, but I was at the stairs at the tunnel at de_dust2, I was in a shooting battle with a PODBot, and when I went down the stairs while shooting him, got out of his eye field behind the wall, and he kept aiming and shooting at the wall to the direction I went and gave me a headshot.
It's not that hard to do, following someone with the crosshair to the direction he went after he passed a wall, but in this case the bot went too far...
BTW, I noticed the bots do it quite alot but instead of shooting they just keep aiming at the wall the exact way the guy went.
By the way, don't you think it's a bit crossing the limit when on the highest level (100) they run next to the wall and shoot before the wall ends on the enemy they never saw and most likely they will hit?
(Not throught the wall, but when they run, the bullet flies a bit to the direction they were running so it flies directly to the enemy at the end of the wall, behind it.)

3. I'm not quite sure about this one, but I have noticed that the bots play a bit better against a human-being than the other bots. If I run infront of a bot, few meters away from him, he will most likely kill me.
When I saw the other bots running infront of the faces of the enemy bot, he just let them pass by and only when they passed the wall he remembered to shoot...

4. Maybe there's a CVAR for this, but since I started playing with PODBots, guess how many times I saw them throwing a flashbang? ONCE.
Smokegrenades? 0-3 times.

5. I think (I know I'm saying that alot) that this one only happens when CSDM is on.
Sometimes, I when a bot kills someone else (A bot, don't know if it happens with humans too.), the frag says that I killed that guy with a grenade.
Example:
If my name is ProRo, instead of a frag that shows that Botnic killed Laserdance with an m4a1 (just for the example), you see: ProRo killed Laserdance wit han hegrenade. There was a time even, that when a bot killed me I think with an hegrenade, the frag said I kill myself.
I don't know if it affects the number of kills/deaths on the score (TAB), still annoying...

6. This happens mostly when CSDM is on.
After the bots respawn, they hesitate, don't move or do anything, not even getting a new gun only after a few seconds they gather their energies () and start moving. By then I give each and everyone of them a nice headshot.

7. When a bot has a Rifle, and no enemies around, sometimes he just stops and start zooming at the wall.
What I mean is let's say the first zoom (Right click) is x2 and the second (Another click) is x4. The bot looks at the wall and changes zoom to x2 then x4 quickly then back to normal. He does that a couple of times.

8. Sometimes instead of looking for enemies they just like get tired of searching and just camp, even though there's no enemy near by or anything. Not only they camp for now reason, they look at the wall while doing it.

9. When they want to throw hegrenades, they change to hegrenade, stop, aim at enemy, throw, and back to weapon. They do it so slowly I swear I have no idea how they don't get killed. Most of the times they do.
They don't even run forward a bit to make the throw longer.

10. When a zombie bot sees me, he will mostly try to kill me, the only player in the server, instead of the other enemy bots that are closer to him. As long as i'm in his range of sight, he will try to kill me. Even if he chased an enemy, as soon as he sees me when i'm close, still farer than the first target of his, he will be like hypnotized on me or something.
I even made a demo where you can see a zombie coming torwads me and another bot, when he came close to us, so I ran behind my friend bot, and he passed him, like he didn't even existed and let my friend bot attack him freely, concentrating on me coming towards me.

11. I gave the last man alive more HP, but still I felt it was a bit easy to run away from all the zombies coming at me. Most of them didn't if looked for me, they just waited i'll show up or something. The others who chased me I could kill rather easliy. When I play Zombie Mod by the way, I play with all bots on aggressive stat, godlike (100). (Zombie Plague 3.56e).

Ok, I think that's pretty much it, I will update if I missed something.
I have made demos to some bugs, but I need to figure out if I can upload them to the Demos & Waypoints sub-thread (That's where KWo said people should upload to).

I'm new to Bots-United, so hi all!
Sorry for the length,
dor123

dor123

PodBot - The best CS Bots evah! (KWo rulez)

F*ck OFF but don't forget to also Rock ON

Re: V3019l binaries bugs
Old
  (#2)
The_Thing

Default Re: V3019l binaries bugs - 18-07-2008

Quote:
7. When a bot has a Rifle, and no enemies around, sometimes he just stops and start zooming at the wall.
What I mean is let's say the first zoom (Right click) is x2 and the second (Another click) is x4. The bot looks at the wall and changes zoom to x2 then x4 quickly then back to normal. He does that a couple of times.
This is not only for csdm this is also for every game type. Example : PUB, Zombie mod etc. It looks like they have a some kind a hack's
And even if they are a zombies they look on wall if they don't have a weapons only knifes.

Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: V3019l binaries bugs - 18-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dor123 View Post
1. Sometimes, only on a listen server, the bots repeat what they say twice.
I'm not sure it happens at all maps, but I do know it HAPPENS.
Example:
Or:
Boter(Made that name up):It's best to not think about the win....
Boter: It's best to not think about the win...
And so on. (This bug isn't really important to me since I usualy play with pb_chat and pb_radio cvars set to 0.)
I think someone already reported it to me, but I didn't understand that time the problem. Now I see what You mean. I have also pb_chat 0, so I could miss that out. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
2. This happened to me with V3019k bianries, but i'm pretty sure it would happen in V3019l as well.
it's not really a bug, but I was at the stairs at the tunnel at de_dust2, I was in a shooting battle with a PODBot, and when I went down the stairs while shooting him, got out of his eye field behind the wall, and he kept aiming and shooting at the wall to the direction I went and gave me a headshot.
It's not that hard to do, following someone with the crosshair to the direction he went after he passed a wall, but in this case the bot went too far...
The ycan hear You (well - use headphones with higher volume, so You can hear them, too - same good), so the know You are just coming from some direction. In V3B19m they are even starting to shoot through the wall at some randomized enemy's position behind it. But as soon You are visible the bot can do a headshot for You (that's normal).
Quote:
BTW, I noticed the bots do it quite alot but instead of shooting they just keep aiming at the wall the exact way the guy went.
By the way, don't you think it's a bit crossing the limit when on the highest level (100) they run next to the wall and shoot before the wall ends on the enemy they never saw and most likely they will hit?
The enemy position is randomized (200,200) units. If You get really killed You were unlucky. In most cases they don't hit the target (You can watch them longer time).
(Not throught the wall, but when they run, the bullet flies a bit to the direction they were running so it flies directly to the enemy at the end of the wall, behind it.)
Quote:
3. I'm not quite sure about this one, but I have noticed that the bots play a bit better against a human-being than the other bots. If I run infront of a bot, few meters away from him, he will most likely kill me.
When I saw the other bots running infront of the faces of the enemy bot, he just let them pass by and only when they passed the wall he remembered to shoot...
I think it's fixed in V3B19m - it was a bug with checking illumintion of the player. In some cases the bot was considering he cannot see the head of the enemy, so he was trying to hit his corps. So sometimes You could see the bot is not trying even to hit the head of his enemy. You need to try it with V3B19m.
Quote:
4. Maybe there's a CVAR for this, but since I started playing with PODBots, guess how many times I saw them throwing a flashbang? ONCE.
Smokegrenades? 0-3 times.
The bot is throwing a flashbang into some corridors (example de_dust2). About HE and smoke - and has been changed in V3B19m, so You need to test it first if it works better now or not.
Quote:
5. I think (I know I'm saying that alot) that this one only happens when CSDM is on.
Sometimes, I when a bot kills someone else (A bot, don't know if it happens with humans too.), the frag says that I killed that guy with a grenade.
Example:
If my name is ProRo, instead of a frag that shows that Botnic killed Laserdance with an m4a1 (just for the example), you see: ProRo killed Laserdance wit han hegrenade. There was a time even, that when a bot killed me I think with an hegrenade, the frag said I kill myself.
I don't know if it affects the number of kills/deaths on the score (TAB), still annoying...
Not related to podbot mm. It's AMX X/CSDM problem...
Quote:
6. This happens mostly when CSDM is on.
After the bots respawn, they hesitate, don't move or do anything, not even getting a new gun only after a few seconds they gather their energies () and start moving. By then I give each and everyone of them a nice headshot.
Put mp_feezetime to 0 then. They believe they should do nothing after respawning for a while to buy weapons (they don't know they are playing CSDM or normal game).
Quote:
I think it's fixed in V3B19m - please try that version.
Quote:
8. Sometimes instead of looking for enemies they just like get tired of searching and just camp, even though there's no enemy near by or anything. Not only they camp for now reason, they look at the wall while doing it.
I think looking at the wall should be fixed in V3B19m. I was changing the code for that (they do it only when the enemy is behind the wall and is shootable through it).
Quote:
9. When they want to throw hegrenades, they change to hegrenade, stop, aim at enemy, throw, and back to weapon. They do it so slowly I swear I have no idea how they don't get killed. Most of the times they do.
The nades throwing has been changed again in V3B19m - please try if it works better now. The bot additionally checks the position the enemy is looking at, to prevent be an easy target.
They don't even run forward a bit to make the throw longer.
Quote:
10. When a zombie bot sees me, he will mostly try to kill me, the only player in the server, instead of the other enemy bots that are closer to him. As long as i'm in his range of sight, he will try to kill me. Even if he chased an enemy, as soon as he sees me when i'm close, still farer than the first target of his, he will be like hypnotized on me or something.
I think You should try V3B19m - I have changed the enemy selection to the closer one, so it should work better.
Quote:
11. I gave the last man alive more HP, but still I felt it was a bit easy to run away from all the zombies coming at me. Most of them didn't if looked for me, they just waited i'll show up or something. The others who chased me I could kill rather easliy. When I play Zombie Mod by the way, I play with all bots on aggressive stat, godlike (100). (Zombie Plague 3.56e).
Well if V3B19k wasn't good for that, more than likely V3B19m isn't better in that matter... I'll take a look at this for the next version.

So please try V3B19m and check Your list what is better (eventually worse).

Old
  (#4)
dor123

Thumbs up Re: V3019l binaries bugs - 18-07-2008

Thanks for all the help KWo, I will download the latest beta and see if there are any changes. If I know you it will be better .

Another bug:
They need to know better when to run from the bomb if they ain't got time to defuse (CT) or even Ts after they planted they guard the bomb too much and don't get enough time to run away and die from explosion.

Did you fix that? I have no time to check the latest beta i will check in a day or two.

Thanks for everything and i'll keep sending reports,
dor123

dor123

Old
  (#5)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: V3019l binaries bugs - 19-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
I think someone already reported it to me, but I didn't understand that time the problem. Now I see what You mean. I have also pb_chat 0, so I could miss that out. Thanks for pointing that out.
It has to do with the dynamic replies. Some keywords can be set so the bot replies to what you/bot typed. If a word inside a dynamic reply is the same as the keyword for that dynamic reply, you get those almost endless reply-loops.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#6)
dor123

Cool Re: V3019l binaries bugs - 20-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0Rp View Post
It has to do with the dynamic replies. Some keywords can be set so the bot replies to what you/bot typed. If a word inside a dynamic reply is the same as the keyword for that dynamic reply, you get those almost endless reply-loops.
How could you explain:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dor123
Laserdance: HEHE
Laserdance: HEHE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thing
Doesn't happens only when CSDM is on.
I never said it does happens with CSDM on. look carefully.

KWo - I downloaded the latest binaries, i'll check them somewhen but I won't catch the bugs too fast, it might take some time.

Also, about the bots, the CTs need to know when it's good to defuse the bomb and they need to learn to do it quickly and don't waste time. (Also when to run away)

Thanks,
dor123

dor123

Old
  (#7)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: V3019l binaries bugs - 20-07-2008

I don't have botchat.txt available right now but I know "HEHE" is a dynamic reply. But I don't know if the word HEHE is the same as answer as keyword.
If not, then it's simply coïncidence.
Bots say what is typed inside botchat.txt in random order, so there's always a chance that they say the same line twice ( without replying to any bot/human ). The more lines inside botchat.txt, the smaller the chance of this occuring. If you put for example only 20 lines inside botchat.txt, chances will increase dramaticly.

I only play with pb_botchat on if someone reported a bug and testing is required. Otherwise I don't see why I let them talk, it distracts me more than it entertains

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#8)
dor123

Thumbs up Re: V3019l binaries bugs - 22-07-2008

Quote:
I don't have botchat.txt available right now but I know "HEHE" is a dynamic reply. But I don't know if the word HEHE is the same as answer as keyword.
If not, then it's simply coïncidence.
Bots say what is typed inside botchat.txt in random order, so there's always a chance that they say the same line twice ( without replying to any bot/human ). The more lines inside botchat.txt, the smaller the chance of this occuring. If you put for example only 20 lines inside botchat.txt, chances will increase dramaticly.

I only play with pb_botchat on if someone reported a bug and testing is required. Otherwise I don't see why I let them talk, it distracts me more than it entertains
I tested it, and it looks like the double chatting doesn't happen when I turn all mods from metamod's plugins.ini except for adminmod, podbot and headshot mode.

Maybe it will work normally with more chat lines in botchat.txt even with other mods on.. i'll try it out.

By the way, first: the bots repeat what they say most of the times with the latest beta (Everything I talked about untill now in this post is referred to V3019m), even more often than the older binaries.
Second and lastly, not only the word HEHE occured twice, but every second sentence of the bots did too.

I'll keep on testing the latest binaries (Even though I tested a bit and no problems found yet I think...).

dor123

dor123

Old
  (#9)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: V3019l binaries bugs - 24-07-2008

There are normally enough lines to prevent double chat messages too often.
But what you said about turning off metamod inside plugins.ini, you mean you could play with bots without metamod.dll itself?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#10)
dor123

Default Re: V3019l binaries bugs - 25-07-2008

Quote:
There are normally enough lines to prevent double chat messages too often.
But what you said about turning off metamod inside plugins.ini, you mean you could play with bots without metamod.dll itself?
Lol, how am I supose to do that?!

What I ment is I only use Adminmod, Headshot Mode, and PODBot mm, which means that these are the only thing written in metamod's plugin.ini.
I deleted the amxmodx line and the amx line, et cetera.
I never said anything about removing metamod itself. How can I use adminmod and other stuff without it?

Anyhows, if you say adding more lines to botchat.txt won't help much, I won't try. Unless it would help? Any ideas?

Oh, and by the way in my other post I typed: "I turn all mods from metamod's plugin.ini..." and what I ment is that I turned them OFF, I deleted them from plugins.ini. The mods, not metamod

Oh and another thing, if you are an official PODBot mm tester, why am I supose to check for bugs if it's your duty (After all)?

I'll keep testing anyways,
dor123

dor123

Tags
v3019l binaries bug