meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

Re: bot pausing
Old
  (#31)
person135

Default Re: bot pausing - 22-10-2006

well, KWo, generally, you should have bots pause more. For me, the bots run all over the place too quickly and when they camp, they camp too short. And Lots of times, they don't camp.

you should make them pay more attention to camp waypoints. You can have them camp longer at camp waypoints.

also, you should have them stick around team important waypoints. Like they should walk around the waypoints surrounding the team important waypoints more.

Old
  (#32)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by person135
also, you should have them stick around team important waypoints. Like they should walk around the waypoints surrounding the team important waypoints more.
That would propably cause them to avoid goals... (I think).

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#33)
person135

no i mean have them still pay attention to goal waypoints, but when they pass team specific waypoints or camp waypoints, they can either choose to stick around there or pass them.

you know that some humans (actually quite a few) don't go and plant the bomb or rescue hostages st raight away. Some don't even do that at all. They are called rogues, players who don't try to complete the missions. Rogues just try to run around and kill people. maybe you can have some bots simulate them too

Old
  (#34)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

If You read carefully the whole forum here, You may find this - some time ago the bots were focusing almost only on killing the enemies. The people here asked me to do bots focusing more on the mission (rescuing the hosatge, bomb planting). I did this, now another person - You - is complaining they focus too much on the mission instead do other things like find and kill the enemies. If there is the situation - one team has 2 times more alive players than the opposite team (for example 4:2, 6:3 etc) the bots from that team with more alive players are trying to find the enemies to hunt them and kill (only some bots are focusing still on the mission). If even that doesn't work - I have no idea how to make everyone happy...

Old
  (#35)
person135

no KWo, you misunderstood me, I just want the bots to pause more thats all.
I just want them to pay more attention to camp waypoints(camp longer) and stay around team specific waypoints more