.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

WC3FT on CZ dedicated server
Old
  (#1)
NoFear

Default WC3FT on CZ dedicated server - 07-04-2007

Hi,

I installed Podbot on 4 servers yesterday. The only one not working is WC3FT Server. The bots never appear. Is this a common bug or did i fail to complete the installation correctly?

Re: WC3FT on CZ dedicated server
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: WC3FT on CZ dedicated server - 07-04-2007

If You missed something You will be able to see it so:
1. Write "meta list" in console and see if podbot mm is whole loaded.
2. If 1 is OK - make sure Your "podbot" folder contains all config files and wptdefault folder contains *.pwf files (everything You can find in the fullpack).
3. If both above are OK - disable WC3FT for test and see if it solves the problem with bots they don't want to appear.

Old
  (#3)
NoFear

It is running, please view: http://czgames.dk/images/wc3ft-podbot-error.jpg from map with waypoints (de_bridge_cz)?

Also the files are the same as other three servers installed yesterday. I also installed podbot menu for amxx as the other servers and this menu works also on the WC3FT server.

I can add 0-3 bots with the menu, but it will not allow any more than that. Strange error.

Last edited by NoFear; 07-04-2007 at 14:20..

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
3. If both above are OK - disable WC3FT for test and see if it solves the problem with bots they don't want to appear.
How about that? If You disable WC3FT, the bots are working normally (I mean You can add more of them)?

Old
  (#5)
NoFear

I never got to that part as i just tried the option of adding bots in the server.cfg and that worked.

I might have a plugin making the error and i will look at at later. If i discover the error i will post a reply here, maybe someone can use the information later.

Thanks for your support.

No Fear
-----------------------------
STEAM ID: 0:0:9153667

www.czgames.dk
A Danish Condition Zero Clan
Banshare & Steambans protected servers
Gameservers at: 217.116.244.205

Old
  (#6)
Krillin

Warning Re: WC3FT on CZ dedicated server - 30-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Hi,

I installed Podbot on 4 servers yesterday. The only one not working is WC3FT Server. The bots never appear. Is this a common bug or did i fail to complete the installation correctly?
CZ has their own bots anyhow, why use PODBot when TurtleRocks Bot's (built in bot program) works without all the hassles or problems of PodBot? TurtleRocks Bots also build their own .NAV files when custom maps are installed it builds its own.

Krillin

Old
  (#7)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: WC3FT on CZ dedicated server - 30-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krillin View Post
CZ has their own bots anyhow, why use PODBot when TurtleRocks Bot's (built in bot program) works without all the hassles or problems of PodBot? TurtleRocks Bots also build their own .NAV files when custom maps are installed it builds its own.

Krillin
This forum is supposed to help the people they do want to use podbot mm. If You have troubles with podbot mm, You can see bugs - feel free ask or post bug reports. Don't spam other topics by not related posts. If You can see CZERO bots are better for You than podbot mm don't ask for the help here - just play with CZERO bots.
Just for Your knowledge
1. CZERO boots aren't supported since more than 2 years (no new functionalities, old bugs still are there). Podbot mm is still developed and extends its functionality.
2. CZERO bots don't use buttons and aren't able to open any door trigerred by a button (podbot mm doesn't have any problem with any door).
3. CZERO bots don't know hpw to use lifts (look at this , this and this demo how podbot mm is using the lift).
4. Auto add/kick bot function when the player enters - the bot gets automatically kicked) is the function which CZERO bots authors never heard about (it's built in in podbot mm).
5. If You are using AMX X and You are restricting some weapons, try to also restrict them for CZERO bots (good luck ). Using this plugin You can restrict for podbot mm bots the same weapons the people have restricted.

The only advantage I know right now CZERO bots have is auto covering maps by navigation points (navmeshes). But podbot clones are so popular so You can find the waypoints for almost any map You want - just use google. Or - if You failed - ask at Waypointing Forum to do it for You.

Old
  (#8)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: WC3FT on CZ dedicated server - 05-10-2007

Lol!