.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Re: US election
Old
  (#11)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: US election - 03-11-2004

At least this time the election has been more or less regular and undisputed.

This permits two interesting conclusions, a positive and a negative one:

The positive one is that this time there is no doubt about electoral fraud and other unpleasant circumstances.

The negative one is that this time nobody can say that Bush hadn't been elected if it weren't for the manipulations committed by his cronies - this time it's without doubt a clear majority of Americans (3 miillion votes advantage for Bush, I heard) that actually and truly wanted Bush.

It proves once more that starting a war to distract from domestic politics is a strategy that works if there is either auch an efficient censorship that any criticism is suppressed (see Russia - Putin - Chechnya), or such a lack of critical thinking, knowledge and interest that criticism doesn't arise at all and the population just swallows everything (USA - Bush - Iraq).
Keep people in constant fear of existing threats, exaggerate all kinds of threats, invent, and in case of need, create some new ones (see current situation in Iraq), and the people will flock together in fear and swear allegiance to a strong leader.

The Communists of the McCarthy era that served as The Ultimate Threat have been replaced by global terrorism. Nowadays evertyhing is terrorism, and terrorism justifies just about anything. I could vomit when I hear comments in the news like "After 9/11, terrorism has become..." wtf?? As if terrorism hadn't existed before! In Germany, we had more terrorism during the 70's (R.A.F. etc.) than nowadays. And yet, nobody thought of sacrificing all civil rights and freedom of speech on the altar of the oh-so-holy war on terrorism.

Well, back to topic: 4 more years with Bush will bring more of that crap for sure, and knowing that there won't be four more years, he might drag his country even further to the ultra-conservative, religiously fundamentalist right...there won't be any progress in global protection of the environment or prosecution of crimes against human rights, either. And if he continues to lower taxes for the rich and increase his country's financial deficit, he will also continue the catastrophic economic policies... His undiplomatic attitude will certainly not help to close the gaps both between the US and the rest of the world and between the two main political orientations in the US.

In these things, however, there lies some hope, as strange as it may sound. All these factors might create the pressure that's necessary to achieve a real political change, and not just a change of names (which would have been the case if Kerry had won, I suspect). Besides, Bush's person won't play a role in the next election, and it remains to be seen whether the Republicans have a good successor for him. And if the Democrats succeed in nominating someone convincing, they may have better chances than ever... maybe with Hillary Clinton?

[Btw: I guess on Nukebox they'll be celebrating Redneck day now, huh? ]

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 03-11-2004 at 19:57..

Old
  (#12)
dead bwoy

Default Re: US election - 03-11-2004

On a side note:
- All states voting on banning Same Sex Marrige have banned it!
- Alaska has NOT legalized Marijuana!
- Montana has passed Medical Marijuana usage!
- Oregon has lost the Medical Marijuana battle...
- Columbia, MO has passed a law that says that anyone caught in the city of Columbia, MO with under 35 grams of Marijuana, must be sent to a Municipal Court rather than a State Court. This is great news for the college town, where if students had been caught and sent to a state court before, they would've lost their financial aid for schooling.

I CAN say that I am proud to be a resident in a city (St. Louis, MO) where Kerry won over 80% of the vote!!!

Old
  (#13)
HangFire
Best served chilled

Default Re: US election - 04-11-2004

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/conte...&ratingBar=off

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/conte...&ratingBar=off

Some shockwave films that nicely sum up US politics.

Old
  (#14)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

dude honestly i am ashamed to be an American right now ........... remember children - "We are going to win the war on terer(terer = bush can't speak english = terror)" , or is it oil ......

Old
  (#15)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead bwoy
- All states voting on banning Same Sex Marrige have banned it!
hmm...
seems like this is breaking the constitution..
everyone is supposed to be equal so that means all marriages are banned here in the US...
[edit]
me agrees with biohazerd...

and this country was probably never equal...
[/edit]
[edit2]
it was almost easily predictable that Bush was going to win..
even a Kerry supporter like PMB wanted Bush to win..
a Kerry supporter at my school wanted Bush to win so that Bush can make himself look more like an idiot..
[/edit2]

Last edited by sPlOrYgOn; 04-11-2004 at 03:26..

Old
  (#17)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard
Current Status: MIA

Same sex marriage is against the bible ie against the church. Church should be able to dictate that law and thell ban it. churches shouldnt have to marry 2 gay people just cause the govt says so. i am glad its banned in a few states. yes i voted for bush, he has more morals that that hippie idiot kerry.

Spamming RB Forums Since August 2001.

Old
  (#18)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

for some reason I recall in the constitution that the government should have nothing to do with any religion...
everyone has their choice of their own religion but now the government bans gay marriages..
just because christianity is wide spread doesn't mean it should dictate what everyone does...
when religion and government mix is when you get Iraq..
[edit]
it would be the same as this...
"Lets ban all [insert hated group here] from being able to [insert verb here]."

The first amendment gives us the right to any religon we choose.
what if the religion didn't care about same sex marriages?
then should all same sexed lovers under that religion be able to marry but not same sexed lovers under christianity?

but then that wouldn't be equal now would it...
[/edit]

Last edited by sPlOrYgOn; 04-11-2004 at 07:32..

Old
  (#19)
HangFire
Best served chilled

The government should allow gay marriages, but not force religious organizations to marry them. If they can't find a priest to marry them, then I guess they won't get married in that way.

Old
  (#20)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangFire
The government should allow gay marriages, but not force religious organizations to marry them. If they can't find a priest to marry them, then I guess they won't get married in that way.
Heyyo,

VERY nicely put HangFire, I agree.

I cause yes, people should have the right to believe and do what they want. Just because religion choses to believe that marriage is a sacred bond between a male and a female doesn't mean the rest of the world has to see it so.

I for one am a christian, and don't condone gay couples n' such, but hey, I ain't against them. I actually have a few gay friends, n' I don't care... but when they say stuff like, "You're cute," ok, then I get a little freaked out n' wanna run for my life... but that's just insticts eh?

I was once told by a priest, "God gave us the ability to chose, the freedom to choose, what we do with our choices is up to us. We can choose to follow the lord, or not." So yeah, I choose to follow the lord n' stuff, but I'm not a hardcore christian. I'm sure there's others out there that can relate to my current situation with religion. You know? I attend church on sundays in the mornin', n' I do my prayers before bed, but I don't go condeming anything that Christianity says is wrong, it's just not who I chose to be. I actually believe we shouldn't force our beliefs on others or else it becomes more of a dictatorship than a democarcy.

I know my answer isin't as glamarous n' monumental as PM's will be if he posts here again (I swear I'm not brown nosing ), but hey, just my point of view. I tried to shorten this one, see if I can cut back on my ramblins'... sry guys, I tried, cut down like, 4 lines, which I'm writing now to explain this all. I'm just too much of a French-Canadian rambler to feel like cutting anything out, one of my main probs with school essays, they were always like, 3 pages.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 04-11-2004 at 08:43..