.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: darji2 waypoints
Old
  (#21)
enigma1

Default Re: darji2 waypoints - 30-04-2008

Hello, if I set the func_explosive linked actions to true then I get an intermittent crash when the 2nd or 3rd flag is delivered. Does anyone know what's going on?

Basically in the .aiscript of the darji2 map all you have to do is uncomment this line

// activateAction_Group 5

Where group-5 are set to be all the exploads. I needed to set these to active as I was trying to better balance the map. One by one will get deactivated as the flags are delivered. (Actions 36-47) But I get a crash if I activate the group and it is intermittent.

Thanks
CK-Chaos

Old
  (#22)
enigma1

actually the crash was my mistake. I had assigned the same group to some other actions accidentally and was causing the problem.

Old
  (#23)
enigma1

I did an update for the waypoints. Added a couple of initial roam actions to get rid of the bots complaining at the beginning, added 4 extra fake brushes for the teleport space above the flags where bots will get killed should they decide to use that path. Also added an extra group of actions that is activated for the team that falls behind to gain some advantage and improve the overall balance.

I also added a different bots file with 30 bots.

The original posted link contains all files.

CK-Chaos

Old
  (#24)
enigma1

Default Re: darji2 waypoints - 03-05-2008

Did another update of this map's wayponts. Added a couple of extra conditions to disable specific roams for teams they're behind in score to better balance the map. Original link contains the latest files.

CK-Chaos

Old
  (#25)
nedd3h

Default Re: darji2 waypoints - 05-05-2008

WELL DONE!

i'd never seen this map before, it's quite good... will go well on a map-cycle to break things up a bit

looking forward to giving this one a good test run

Old
  (#26)
enigma1

Default Re: darji2 waypoints - 05-05-2008

Quote:
looking forward to giving this one a good test run
Ok, yes the very first post contains the link with all the latest files. If you see problems let us know.

I am concerned about the bots jumping around when an objective is picked up/returned for some reason. I need to re-check the nodes/actions and I don't want to go through ~800 nodes manually for that so if I get a chance I will write a php script to do different levels of validation.

From the little I checked I noticed the bots may try to reach one of the teleport points when they do this strange pattern. I do not see a reason however as they're is no connection nearby. Also the teleport issue does not show up on the ctf_pool_v2 map so I am not sure yet.

CK-Chaos

Old
  (#27)
enigma1

Default Re: darji2 waypoints - 30-01-2012

I did another update on the darji2 map. It now includes fake delivery actions for the flags in case both teams are holding them. I also added alternative escape routes from the flags areas so it's harder to predict the paths the bot will follow and added equivalent defense/camp actions. Hopefully you'll find the map is more enjoyable now.

The original link contains the latest darji2 waypoints and scripts.

Old
  (#28)
enigma1

Default Re: darji2 waypoints - 25-02-2012

Somehow with the last update I was using the old .nav file. The fritzbot will load the nav poitns from Fritz3_1.00.pk3 file instead of using the expanded ones.

So I updated the darji2 archive under the same link with the latest waypoints after realizing this.